Chapter 12

Mischievous Ghost

Chapter 12

Gui Gui and I went to the beach as planned. I am happy that at last we can be together just the two of us. I’m planning to tell her how I feel. We went to enjoy ourselves at the park and then went to the market before going to the vacation house near the beach. I was watching her prepare our food at the kitchen and I can’t help but smile, she looks lovely.

“What are you smiling at?” (She asked)

“You look like a housewife” (I commented)

“And my lucky husband is you? Just waiting for the food and not helping me out?” (she answered back, smiling)

“Uhuh, that’s supposed to be my role” (I answered but approached her. She was cutting some vegetables and I was walking behind her when she accidentally cuts her finger, I was beside her in an instant and checking her wound. She looks up on me and I can’t help but stare at her beautiful face. I wanted to taste those delectable lips, so I did. Her lips are sweet just like honey)

“Baby…” (I was carried away but then she pulls back)

“Uhm, I think I need to wash my hands” (she awkwardly moves away)

“Uhm, I’m sorry I forgot. Is it hurting?” (I reached for her hand to treat her wound and she hesitantly gives it to me)

“What’s the problem?” (I asked)

“Aaron…I…”

“Aaron? When did you learn to call me by that name?” (I asked, smiling at her nervously. I think this is the time to tell)

“What just happened a while ago?”

“Baby, I …”

“Can we just forget that it happened?”

“What?” (I asked confused by what she said)

“Let’s just pretend that it didn’t happen. Oh my god”

“What? Why? Gui Gui…”

“George will be angry if he knew about this”

“What’s this got to do with him?” (I asked angrily. I can feel it, we feel the same way but just like before I can also feel that there’s something wrong)

“Yalun, I…we…I’m marrying George”

“What????” (my heart almost stop by what she said, my head is spinning I can’t think. I look at her dumbfounded)

“Yalun….”

“What did you say?” (I asked her, maybe I heard it wrong)

“Yalun…I’m so sorry”

“I don’t understand”

“I’m going back to the States to marry George”

“Why are you doing this?”

“I don’t know what you mean”

“You do” (I know she loves me as I love her but I just can’t figure out why she’s so afraid)

“I don’t”

“Baby, I know you’re just afraid. I’m not going to hurt you anymore”

“Can’t we just forget it? I still wanted to go to the office before I leave. Can we…please, Yalun”

(I can’t believe this is happening, this is far beyond what I had imagine)
***

(We travel back the next day with silence. She’s been sleeping or I don’t know if she’s just pretending to be asleep to avoid talking to me)

“When are you leaving?” (I asked her when we arrived home)

“Two weeks”

“Alright, we need to do all the things in the office within two weeks before we leave”

“We?”

“I told you, I’m coming with you”

“Yalun…you…”

“That’s what I said. I’m coming with you. I just didn’t buy your alibi last night baby. I’m going to figure this out. Rest now, we’ll have a lot of work to do tomorrow”
***

After that day we haven’t been talking or rather she’s avoiding while I was trying so hard to show her that I love her, that I am the one meant for her, and that we belong with each other.

“Alright! Tell me what to do so you’ll talk to me” (It’s been three days and I’m not used to the silence)

“You’re making me feel uncomfortable, I told you to forget what happened, but the things you’ve been doing… it makes me feel uncomfortable” (again she was trying to avoid my eyes)

“What did I do? We’re like this even before. I was like this even before” (I tried to reasoned out)

“No! you’re not!”

“Yes, I am”

“It’s different!” (she stared at me as if pleading, she looks worried) “Yalun..” (She sounded desperate) “Please, I just don’t want to make things worst”

“Are you worried about George?” (George has been visiting at the office lately as if watching her)

“No….I mean Yes…please…Yalun” (I don’t want to see her this way, as if she’s in great pain. She looks confused and worried)

“Alright” (let me see until when and how far can I go. For now I’ll do what she wants but surely I’ll fight for her. I just need to know what that George holds of her)

“Thank you” (she looks relieved and finally gave me a light hug)
***