009

End Game

It was a Sunday morning when Jiwon’s BMW 7 series parked inside Hyundai Supermarket’s basement. She was dressed in a pair of light denim jeans and an oversized sweater.

She had her earphones on as she walked towards the entrance, she looked around and smiled as she noticed that the market wasn’t filled with shoppers.

She grabbed a cart and started to moving.

You do your own groceries? Wow.

She paused, Mark was standing before her, in his usual dark jeans and black leather jacket.

You know what groceries are? Wow.” She replied with a grin as she took off her earphones.

Nah, I’m just waiting for my brother to finish. Where you off to?” He asked as he took the cart from her and started to push.

Jiwon just shook her head and followed him.

“Nowhere particular. I just need to stack the fridge again.” She shrugged before picking up a bottle liquid handsoap.

“How’s my car? I haven’t had thre chance to visit Jackson’s shop.” She spoke as they walked towards the dairy section, Mark was leaning against the cart as he pushed.

“It’s going along well. So, you’re not gonna yell at me?” Mark chuckled, Jiwon eyed hims warily.

Really, Mark? Inviting Luhan at your table?

“Wae? Would you prefer alone time with him?” Mark mused back, Jiwon rolled her eyes at him.

“I think you have choice.” Mark spoke, Jiwon shook her head.

“In this area, I don’t.” She replied as she picked up a carton of milk.

Red, it’s your marriage.

I know, but…it’s..” She trailed off.

It’s work?” Mark added, Jiwon bit her lip.

Yeah.

Mark’s brows met briefly.

Oh, Miss Mustang.” The younger Tuan was walking towards them with his cart. Mark grinned at his sibling.

I heard you’re his brother. Are you trouble too?” Jiwon said before extending her hand to the male.

“It’s Jiwon.” She said to him.

It’s Red.” Mark nodded, she just nudged him.

Joey’s brows went up.

Anyway, your brother’s done. Thanks for keeping me company.” Jiwon faced Mark again. But the male just shook his head at her.

Let’s finish your list.

Jiwon blinked at him.

You can’t carry all that to your car, Red.

Joey shook his head to himself before stepping away from the two.

Are you trying to get me in trouble again?” Jiwon asked, Mark just gestured for her to walk.

Who knows, I might be able to get you out of trouble, Won.” He said teasingly, Jiwon just shooed him away as he laughed.

 

 

“I know it’s too early to say this but,” Songah started as she took her seat.

“I sense something is going to start!” Jackson cut her off, Jinyoung looked at him oddly.

Jaebum nodded.

“Yeah, what he said.” Songah replied.

“Mark.”

“He..He’s different around her, and I know they just met. But he’s very..engaging towards her. It’s..quite..a sight to see.”

“Ya, do you think he’d really make a move on her? If he does, then that would pull him back in. The social circle that he hates so much.” Jinyoung pointed out, Jaebum shook his head.

“Hey, Jiwon’s worth it.” Songah stated.

“You’re forgetting one tiny thing.” Jaebum spoke before picking up the magazine on the table before them.

“What?”

“Jiwon’s engaged, remember?”

Jackson blinked, Songah bit her lip.

“It’s just an engagement, they’re not married yet.” Jinyoung blurted, Jaebum sent him a look.

“You should be talking them out of it.” Jaebum muttered darkly, Jackson was already grinning.

“But, Jiwon deserves someone better.” Jinyoung stated.

“And Mark is the better person?” Jaebum asked.

“As long its someone who wont suffocate her and just let her be herself. Then, that’s cool.”

 

 

“So, where are you two Tuan boys really from? China?” Jiwon asked as they entered the ice cream shop.

“Nope.” Mark said before heading to the counter.

Taiwan, jie. But, we move back and forth to Singapore when we were younger.” Joey said to her as they followed Mark.

But Mark decided to study here?” She blinked.

Gege couldn’t handle the pressure back home. He…quit working for my grandfather.

So, there really is a big company behind that nonchalant façade.” Jiwon smiled and glanced at Mark again.

Cotton candy?” He asked her.

Wow, it’s like you read my mind. And you’re paying.” She mused at him before going to an empty table.

“You seem worried.” Mark stated as he joined the table with ice cream in hand.

Jiwon shrugged before taking a spoonful.

“You said I was running away.” She spoke, Joey smiled before eating.

“From work.” Mark mused.

“Actually, the idea has crossed my mind. Then I remember, I’m an only child.” She leaned on the table.

“You never told your parents how you feel about it?” Mark asked.

“I tried..But..it’s not easy when you’re a girl, Mark.”

Mark bit his lip.

“I need to be married so that I can take over.”

Which is total bull, right?” Mark said, Jiwon smiled and nodded.

“But most people don’t think that way.” She said before taking another spoonful.

“I think you’re good enough.” Mark said as he picked up his spoon, Jiwon blinked at him.

“To run your family’s company.”

Jiwon smiled before grabbing a napkin.

“I’m just saying that,” Mark said as he his lips.

“You don’t need a man to help you run a company you’re born to inherit.” He shrugged at her.

“Says the jobless punk.” Jiwon chuckled.

“Just eat your ice cream, Red.” Mark rolled his eyes at her.

 

 

Luhan stepped in the foyer, he was inside the Hong residence, he had been invited to join Jiwon’s grandparents for dinner.

His phone started to ring, he took it out and he paused.

“Won,” He answered.

“Hi, sorry I’m running late.” She said, she sounded like she was in a good mood.

“Where are you? I can come pick you up.” Luhan offered.

“No, you don’t have to. I was just..I ran into Mark at the mart.” She chuckled, Luhan could hear someone talking beside her.

“Mark? Ah, your friend?”

“Yeah, him. I’m just about to leave the mall. Give me twenty.” She said to him, Luhan nodded.

“Arasso, I’ll wait.”

“See you.” Jiwon said cheerfully before ending the call.

“Mark.” Luhan nodded.

“I didn’t get his last name.” Luhan said before walking towards the veranda, his brows met briefly.

“What do you think, should we really let our Hong get married?”

“Does Hong really want to be married?”

He was the same person who said something that made Luhan uncomfortable.

“Does Hong really want to be married?”

Luhan bit his lip before taking his cellphone again.

Yes, chairman?

Can you check on a person for me?

Who, sir?

One of Jiwon’s friends. He goes by Mark, I don’t know if he’s Korean or not.” Luhan spoke softly.

Yes, I’ll have it done right away.

Luhan exhaled and just leaned against the marble railings.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++