038

End Game

 

“I wouldn’t exactly let Jackson take it out for a spin.” Jiwon commented with a smile as she walked into the garage, Mark had finally become a cliché, well in Songah’s words. Mark bought a yellow Lamborghini.

“Well? Do you like it?” Mark asked as he walked to her.

“It’s pretty.” She smiled before kissing his cheek, she set down her purse and looked around.

“Is something wrong?” Mark asked her, Jiwon shook her head.

“Appa wants to step down.”

Mark paused, Jiwon faced him and crossed her arms.

“And he wants me to step up.” She shuddered, Mark grew amused but he smiled before opening his arms to her.

“I don’t think I’m ready for that. I’m still a child.” She murmured before burying her face on his shirt.

“I think you can do it, you’re Hong Jiwon.” Mark said.

“And, if he ever does that, it wont be right away. It would be a slow process, Red. You’ll have time to adjust.”

“I know that, but I don’t like being too busy. I actually like hanging out with myself, you know, alone time.”

Mark chuckled, then she pulled back.

“Ya, you escaped your family once, teach me!”

“Nope. I’d rather see you succeed, baby girl.” Mark scrunched his nose at her before walking back to the house, Jiwon rolled her eyes as she followed him.

 

 

Jiwon gave Songah a wave across the room, it was Joey’s birthday and a lot of their friends were in attendance.

“You know what,” Songah started to speak as she picked up her champagne, Mark looked at her.

“I’m happy for you, despite Jihye appearing again.” She stated, Mark blinked.

“Are you drunk? Already?” He chuckled, Songah shook her head and punched his arm.

“You’re finally back in society.”

Mark smiled, his eyes scanned the room, he saw Jiwon chatting with Joey and his mom.

“And, you got the girl.”

“I’m waiting for the punchline.” Mark muttered, Songah laughed.

“I mean it, I’m glad you met her. In a way, you both needed each other. Jiwon pulled you back, and you saved her from that pesky Luhan~”

“I get it, I get it, thanks, Song.” He laughed before clinking his glass with her, Songah grinned.

“Take care of her, she’s one of my best friends. And, I swear to god, if Jihye pesters her again, I will be the one to slice her neck.”

“I thought I was your best friend.” Mark said in a fake offended tone.

Get away from me.

"You don't have to worry about Jihye, Song. I think she finally gets it. Thanks for having my back though. You're the best."

She snorted before walking away from him, Mark smiled, and his eyes went to Jiwon again.

Jackson and her were approaching the cake, probably to steal a slice or two before Joey could blow the candle.

Pretty one.

 

 

“How’s the matchmaker doing?”

The elder Hong looked up just as his granddaughter approached their table, his friend across him chuckled.

“I heard from Mark you enjoyed Singapore, my dear. When will you be visiting us back?” Mark’s grandfather asked.

“Are you trying to take her away again? She just got promoted.” Mr. Hong cackled, Jiwon smiled and sat down.

“I had fun there, halbae. They have better weather too.” She made a face at him.

“Well, it’s back to work now, my child.” He snorted at her, Jiwon looked up as she saw her father and Mark approaching them, her brows rose.

“I’m assuming you already heard about my recent announcement, Jiwon.”

“Yes, I did. Thanks a lot, parent.” She replied, the man chuckled. Mark just smiled and took the seat next to hers.

“What were you talking about?” He asked.

“Your grandfather was asking when will I be flying back to Singapore again.” She said with a smile.

“Maybe after you take over, surely you have time in the weekends.” Her father added in a teasing tone.

“Still, doing that without a heads up, you’re a little too much, appa. Do you really trust me that much?”

The man smiled before patting her head.

“This is me, trying to make it up to you, daughter. I know you can run the company on your own.”

Jiwon shuddered, while the elders laughed.

“Is this your way of saying sorry that I forced you to marry~”

“Let it go, Red. Let it go.” Mark chuckled before handing her a mini cupcake, Jiwon shook her head.

“You’ll take the seat, right, honey?” Her mother chimed in, she was smiling as she put one hand on Mark’s shoulder, the Tuan heir winked at her.

“They approve of me.” He said proudly, Jiwon grew amused.

“Well, somebody said he’d like to see me succeed so,” She met gazes with Mark, he gave her a thumbs up.

“I guess I have to be LG’s big boss then.”

 

 

“How’s work lately?” Jiwon asked as they stepped in the veranda.

“It’s fine. I may have to fly to China next week.” He said as he leaned his back against the balustrade behind him.

“Bring food.” Jiwon said, Mark opened his arms to her.

“I saw Songah earlier, did she beat you up already?” She joked before going to him, Mark chuckled before wrapping his arms around her.

“Fortunately, she didn’t.”

“Do you want to come with me? China seems fun.” Mark commented, Jiwon shook her head.

“I have a lot of things to finish and, appa has set me up for training. You probably wont see me as much.”

Mark frowned, but Jiwon laughed.

“It’s not like I can step out from time to time, like you said, they approve of you. I think they’ll let me off.”

“Hmmm, that sounds nice.” Mark murmured before pressing his nose against her hair, Jiwon smiled.

“Was it worth it? Putting up with me?” Jiwon asked him.

“Unstable and jumpy Red?” Mark mused before pulling back to meet her gaze.

“I was no picnic, Mark. I knew that.”

Mark smiled and pressed his lips against hers, he kissed her nose before pulling away.

You’re worth it. Always.

Okay, so I kinda want your natural hair color back.” She said as she touched his bangs, Mark smiled.

I kinda love you, Red.

Jiwon paused, her brows rose briefly.

Yeah, me too.” She replied before kissing his cheek, then she pulled away from him.

Mark blinked at her.

“I think they’re cutting the cake! Let’s go back in!” She said before running back to the house, Mark laughed and followed her in.

 

She probably loves food more.” Mark smiled to himself before making his way towards her.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

THE END! (04/02/18)

 

THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!!! I hope to see you in my other works! <3