008

End Game

 

“This looks good.” Songah said as their food arrived, Jiwon picked up her fork and she paused.

“Is something wrong?” Luhan asked her, Mark looked up.

“Hong hates onions.” Songah mused as she looked at the pizza.

“It’s fine, I’ll take it out.” Jiwon nodded as she picked up a piece.

“So, when’s the wedding?” Jackson asked in his usual blunt tone. Jiwon almost choked on her slice.

“Next month. I’m guessing Won’s invited you?” Luhan said good-naturedly.

“Well, she’s mentioned it.” Mark nodded before picking up his soda, Jiwon’s eyes narrowed at Mark. He just grinned back at her.

Luhan smiled before picking up a napkin, he handed it to Jiwon.

“You have something here.” Luhan smiled as he pointed to his lips, Mark saw how Jiwon nodded uncomfortably before looking away.

Songah’s brows rose briefly.

“What do you think, should we really let our Hong get married?” Songah spoke up teasingly.

“Does Hong really want to be married?” Mark hummed, Jiwon balked at him, the latter just chuckled.

Luhan paused to look at the male.

Songah’s lips quirked up.

Oh, something’s up, Tuan.

“You can ignore Mark, he’s..strange. Sometimes quiet, sometimes he’s..too hyper for words. He shouldn’t even be speaking now.” Jiwon intervened, Luhan’s brows rose but he nodded at her before tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear.

Songah saw how Mark leaned back on his seat, but he was smiling at Jiwon as the girl glared at him.

“Aigoo.” Songah shook her head before eating.

 

 

Mark was walking back to his Ducati when his phone started to ring, he paused and took out the device. He frowned before picking up.

Ye ye,” He muttered.

I need you do something for me, Yi En.

I already told the board I wouldn’t, we made a deal.” Mark sighed as he leaned against his bike.

We let you do whatever you want, we just let you roam around different places, and this is how you pay us back?

Mark exhaled.

I hate your world, nai nai knows that.

If you this project fails then we kick you out. You will be cut off.” His grandfather replied, Mark bit his lip.

You might as well give up the family name while you’re at it.” The elder said before finishing the call, Mark bit his lip and shook his head. He looked up and saw Luhan and Jiwon stepping out of the mall together.

Mark saw how Jiwon fidgeted when they were approached by a bunch of bodyguards. Then they were lead to a black Bentley that was being convoyed by two dark SUVs. He saw how Jiwon glanced at the two cars and she shook her head, Luhan opened the Bentley's door for her and she slid in.

I don't want to be in that circle.” Mark whispered before putting on his helmet and riding on his bike.

 

 

“She has so many male friends.” Luhan said as he twirled his glass around, Lay grinned across him.

“That didn’t bother you before.” He stated, Jongdae nodded at him.

“I didn’t meet everyone in her circle before.” Luhan said before taking a small sip from his glass.

“Ya, it’s only natural for her to have male friends, she’s working in the corporate world too.” Jongdae pointed out.

“And your fiancé didn’t go to an all-girls high school.” Lay rolled his eyes at him, Luhan leaned back on his seat.

“You’re just worried, stop overthinking.” Jongdae chided.

“Jiwon’s a little different, huh?” Lay grinned at him.

“Sometimes I don’t know how to approach her.” Luhan admitted.

“She’s always been independent.” Jongdae poured himself another shot.

“But this is serious.” Lay was looking at his friend, Luhan bit his lip.

“You must really like her, huh?” Yixing said to him. Luhan just bit his lip before taking out a small black box from his pocket, he smiled before setting it on table.

“I guess I do.”

Lay and Jongdae turned quiet.

“I..I want to court her properly.”

 

 

Jiwon bit her lip as she exited the elevator, her secretary was keeping up with her from behind. An emergency meeting was just called and the young director was confused as to what was all the rush.

“You mentioned about that new project my father wants me to take on,” Jiwon spoke as they walked through the halls, employees bowed as she passed by.

“Ah, yes,” The male took out a folder from file.

Jiwon opened the folder and paused.

“A venture. A strip mall?” She blinked and stopped walking.

“Well, it’s to keep up with our competitors, director.”

Jiwon looked at the documents and draft, her brows rose briefly.

“This is a first for us.” She said as she walked slowly, trying to absorb the proposal, then she blinked.

“We’re working with TGH? A foreign company?” She looked at her secretary.

“Yes, they’re based in Taiwan, but they’re main office is in Singapore.”

Jiwon nodded and started walking again.

“Wait, TGH? What does it stand for?”

“TG Holdings, director. Let me check it again.” He said as he took out his phone, Jiwon looked up and saw her father and some directors enter the meeting room.

“I’ll check on it later. Here.” She handed the file to him and walked towards the doors.

Her secretary finally looked up.

 

 

“It’s Tuan Group Holdings, director.” He murmured before going back to Jiwon’s office.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++