025

End Game

 

Jiwon shut the door close and looked at the Mustang’s new paint job.

“How are you?”

She glanced back, Mark was making his way towards her.

“Are you referring to that Jiwon episode last night?” She asked, Mark grinned at her.

“You knew, huh?” She said hesitantly, Mark paused before nodding his head.

“At first, he had someone background check me, then, I noticed…how there were these guys always following you.” Mark said carefully.

“Figures.” She crossed her arms and leaned against the car.

“I’m sorry you got dragged into this, Mark. I didn’t know..he was thinking that way.” She explained.

“What way?”

“It’s nothing.”

“Is everything alright, Red?” Mark asked her.

“Yeah, I’m trying this whole..being understanding thing with Luhan.”

Mark paused, his brows went up.

“I mean, we already talked about it, he apologized and..seeing from his point of view, it was a little improper of us being alone a lot.” She chuckled.

Mark looked away but he nodded.

“Anyway, I’ll see you when I see you, Tuan Yi En.”

“We have that meeting tomorrow. You sure you don’t want to join us for dinner?” Mark spoke again.

“I can’t. Luhan made a reservation somewhere.” Jiwon patted his arm before getting inside the car.

Mark exhaled and watched as the Mustang sped away from the shop, he crossed his arms before walking back inside Jackson’s office.

 

 

Luhan stood up as he saw Jiwon enter the restaurant.

“Did you wait long? Traffic was bad.” She said apologetically as she reached him.

“No, I just got here too.” Luhan smiled before pulling the chair for her.

“So, is everything good with your parents now?” He asked her as they settled down, the waiter approached them with menus.

“I actually haven’t spoken to them yet, I’d rather be buried with work.” Jiwon shrugged before reading.

“They’ve been trying to reach you. I think they want to talk, Won.” Luhan said carefully.

“It’s fine, I’m busy nowadays anyway.”

Luhan bit his lip but he let it go, he proceeded to order for them, while Jiwon checked her phone.

“How’s work for you?” He asked her.

“I still have that partnership thing going on with TGH and,” Jiwon paused, she looked at him briefly, but Luhan just nodded for her to continue.

“Site visits. I have tons of site visits to do.”

“I can accompany you.” He offered, she nodded back. It took a few minutes for their food to arrive, Jiwon puffed her cheeks and looked around.

Formal dinners weren’t really her thing.

Jiwon looked at Luhan, he was already slicing his steak.

There it was again, Luhan hovering over her.

“From day one, you told me you didn’t want to do it. But you said you’d give it a shot. You’d give Luhan a chance.”

“It’s true, Jiwon. You want to escape him. You’re looking for faults.”

“Do you think I can just let this pass? He created scandals about me, Im Jaebum.”

Jiwon bit her lip, then she looked up as she felt his hand on hers.

“Is the food okay?”

Jiwon slowly nodded back.

“Yeah, it’s fine.”

 

 

Mark leaned back on his seat as he studied the data on his laptop.

“The meeting is in ten minutes, sir. The directors have already arrived.”

Mark nodded and stood up, he put his laptop away and picked up his phone.

“And, the meeting with LG has been pushed back to this afternoon. Director Hong has informed me that she will be coming here herself.”

Mark nodded without saying anything, he walked towards the doors and he halted.

“The thing I asked for?” He spoke.

“It stopped, he seems to have pulled out his men who were following you.”

Mark smirked.

“I don’t understand, he ran background checks on you and had men follow you. Why is that, vice president?”

“He wants me to back off.”

“Back off? From the business? But, we’ve done business with Xi Holdings before.” The male said as he followed the Tuan heir.

“No. From Jiwon.” Mark shrugged before walking to the elevator. The male just watched as his boss got in the machine.

“These rich guys do play differently.” He shook his head before heading back to his cubicle.

 

 

Jiwon took her car keys from the valet and gave him a small smile.

“Should I inform TGH’s office that you’re on your way, ma’am?”

“You can do that, and can you check” on our Busan office? I’ve been trying to reach them regarding the contract signing.

“Yes,” Her secretary nodded, then before Jiwon could pull away from her, her phone started to ring.

She paused when she looked at the screen.

Luhan

Her brows rose briefly before answering.

“Hey,”

“Are you busy?” He asked her, Jiwon got in her car and started the engine.

“I’m actually on my way to a meeting.” She said.

“Really, where? Downtown?”

Jiwon shut her eyes briefly before answering.

“Just somewhere. Can I call you back later? I’m driving.”

“Sure, take care.” Luhan said before ending the call, Jiwon leaned back on the seat and exhaled.

“ Im Jaebum makes me do.” She muttered under her breath as she stepped on the gas, then her phone started to ring again. She groaned before picking up.

“I told you I was driving~”

“You didn’t tell me you were driving.” A deep voice chuckled, Jiwon paused, she glanced at her phone’s screen.

“Tuan Yi En,” She sighed.

“Is this a bad time?” He asked her.

“Yeah. Sort of.” Her brows knitted together.

“Okay, I’ll call you back later. Do you want to move the meeting instead?”

Jiwon paused and shook her head.

“No, I’ll be there.” She said as she gripped on the wheel briefly.

 

“I’ll order us Starbucks then.” He mused before the line went dead.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++