004

End Game

 

Luhan excused himself politely before pulling away from the elderly couple he was speaking with, he emptied his glass of champagne and looked around the room.

His brows met briefly as he realized that Jiwon wasn’t in the room, he took out his phone.

“So it is true, you are back in town.” A familiar voice said playfully, he looked for a brief moment and grinned at his friend.

“Kim Jongdae,” Luhan greeted him.

“Jiwon? I don’t see her.”

“I saw her come in with you,” Another male joined them.

“You saw her?” Jongdae asked him, Yixing nodded.

“It really has been a while, huh?” Luhan smiled before shaking Lay’s hand.

“Call her, maybe she just stepped out for a bit.” Jongdae told him, but Luhan just shook his head, his eyes still on the screen of his phone.

I decided to step out first. I don’t feel so well. See you tomorrow. –Jiwon

“She went home first.”

“Because you’re such a bore,” Jongdae mused, Luhan just rolled his eyes at the male before going to their table.

 

 

Jiwon looked around the basement before pressing the button on the remote, she blinked when she saw a white Mercedes Benz SUV light up.

She silently made her way towards it and paused.

“There are so many kind but weird people in this world.” She mused before getting in the car, she started the engine.

She leaned back on the seat before putting the car to first gear and stepping on the gas, her phone started to ring in her purse, but she ignored it.

She passed by Luhan’s security detail effortlessly before exiting the hotel’s basement parking lot.

Jiwon smiled to herself, her eyes went to her hands on the steering wheel for a brief moment, and streetlight’s beam reflected against the diamond ring briefly.

Jiwon puffed her cheeks and looked at her phone’s screen.

Luhan’s name was flashing on the screen.

“It just doesn’t seem right.” She mumbled before stepping the gas.

 

 

Luhan was smiling as he walked in the office, Jiwon was busy poring over a particular file that she didn’t notice him enter.

“You’re busy,”

She looked up.

“I didn’t know you were coming over,” She stood up to greet him.

“I was worried about you last night. Are you feeling better?” He asked as he took her hand in his, Jiwon nodded.

“I just needed a good night’s sleep and tea.” She fibbed.

“Did you take a cab home?”

“N—No, a friend dropped me off.”

Luhan nodded and he looked around him.

“Yixing invited us for lunch, it’s at Lei Garden.”

“Sounds great. I’ll meet you there?” Jiwon asked him.

“I came by to pick you up, Won.” Luhan laced his fingers with hers.

Jiwon just shook her head gingerly.

“I have some place to drop by before lunch.” She replied, her eyes traveled to the black keyless remote on her desk before facing him again.

“Whoa, you really are busy.” Luhan said teasingly before letting go of her hand.

“I’m sorry, I’ll make it up to you this Saturay.” She said, Luhan nodded and just kissed her cheek.

“I’ll see you there.” He said before leaving the room.

 

 

Jackson went down the steps just as a familiar white Mercedes Benz S63 AMG rolled in his shop, he was grinning as he reached the vehicle.

Hey, Tuan, I heard Song’s home. How about we~” Jackson almost tripped on the stairs when the driver slid down from the car.

I..was told to deliver this back here.” Jiwon was smiling at him, Jackon balked.

H—how did you..You know Mark?” He asked her.

Is that his name? He lent me his car last night. We were at that party.” Jiwon said carefully, she was dressed in a nice sky blue dress that rested just a few inches above her knees and a pair of white heels.

What? The Mark Tuan helped you? Has hell frozen over?” Jackson chuckled before taking the remote from her.

Is he around? I want to thank him personally.” Jiwon asked as she walked towards her Mustang, there were two mechanics working on it.

He’ll probably be~” Jackson paused just as the devil himself appeared.

Jiwon followed his gaze, a male had arrived in a Ducati motorcycle, he was in the process of removing his helmet.

Anyway, I should get going. Can you please tell him that,” Jiwon was facing Jackson again.

Oh, you’re on time.” Mark mused in Chinese as he walked towards her, Jiwon blinked and looked at him.

“You know each other?” Jackson asked him in English.

“Yeah, this is red gown.” Mark said to him, Jiwon chuckled.

“It’s actually Jiwon. Hong Jiwon.” She said, switching to English as she stretched her hand to him. Jackson chuckled, Mark faced her.

Red, then.” Mark replied before taking her hand in his.

“Red?”

“Hong, right? Hong Jiwon.” Mark said before approaching the Mustang.

Thank you for lending me your car. I filled up the tank too.” Jiwon said with a small smile, Mark looked at her.

“You didn’t run over someone with it, right?” He asked her before shaking off his leather jacket.

“Ya.” Jackson eyed him warily, Jiwon laughed.

“If I do remember, I’ll tell you. Thanks again.” Jiwon said before walking towards the doors again. Mark grinned and shook his head.

“Come back soon!” Jackson called to her.

Mark shook his head as he popped open the Mustang’s hood.

“Ya, what got in to you? You let her borrow your car? Are you looking for a scandal?” Jackson mused before joining his friend.

“I felt bad for her,” Mark said as he looked at the windows, Jiwon was standing outside, waiting for a cab.

“Huh?”

“She’s trapped in the system too.” Mark shrugged.

"Red has a really nice car though." Mark commented before closing the hood, Jackson pulled him away from the car before speaking again.

“Well, we have Jinyoung called, lunch at Lei Garden.”

 

 

“Sounds great.” Mark replied just as he glanced at the windows again, Jiwon was already gone.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++