015

End Game

Jiwon walked in her condo unit and shook off her coat, she tossed her heels away and made her way to the kitchen.

She glanced at the kitchen counter briefly, there was a bag of food and a bottle of wine.

“What~” She plucked out the note from the bag and she grew amused.

Wednesday is movie night, right?

Enjoy. Don’t stay up too late. – Luhan

“He must have dropped by before leaving.” She mused to herself before picking out a bag of chips and heading straight to the living room.

She picked up the remote and switched on the TV, she made herself comfortable on the couch as she watched.

“It has been announced that LG Corporation has teamed up with Singapore-based TG Holdings to put up the first ever strip mall in the country.”

“Singapore.” Jiwon grinned as she looked at the news, Mark’s photo flashed on the screen for a brief moment.

“Wow, he must hate this a lot.” She chuckled, then her phone buzzed. She looked at the screen.

“Songah.”

“You up for some drinks? I’ll pick you up.”

“Ya, you~”

“Come on, I know Luhan’s out of town. You’re free.” She mused before ending the call.

 

 

Mark picked up another calamari and listened as Jackson ranted on. The Wang heir was being asked to fly back to Hong Kong for a few days and he didn’t like the idea of it.

“It’s just a few days, stop being such a baby.” Jaebum said as he picked up his beer.

“How was it? I heard you met up with Jiwon for work.” Jinyoung spoke.

“It was fine, I didn’t know she was the one in charge for that project.” Mark replied.

“See, work wont be so bad for you. You have Red.” Jackson chuckled, the older male eyed him warily.

“Who has me?” Another voice chimed in, Mark looked up.

“Red!” Jackson chuckled as the girl took her seat, Songah followed and plopped down right across Mark.

“I didn’t know you’d join us. You hate night-outs.” Jaebum mused.

“She dragged me with her.” Jiwon sighed, Songah chuckled before picking up her drink.

“How’d your day end, Tuan Yi En? Did you have fun?” Jiwon asked playfully before picking up a slice of fruit.

Jinyoung’s brows rose up. No one really dared to call Mark his full Chinese name.

“It went well. I wanted to ram my car against the company doors.” Mark replied with a grin.

“Well, that’s progress. I was thinking you’d jump off the building or something. But really, don’t do that.” Jiwon shook her head adamantly, then she looked around.

“But, how do you stand this place? It’s noisy.” Jiwon commented, the friends were in a club, seated in a private booth.

“Whoa, you two will definitely get along.” Songah mused, Jiwon blinked at her.

“Mark hates noisy places.” She explained.

“I hate noisy people.” Jiwon nodded, Jackson balked. The girl chuckled, Mark snorted.

“Except you, Jackson. You’re special.” Jiwon blew him a kiss. Jackson chuckled and caught her kiss.

“Here’s to more fun night-outs with you, Red!” He cheered, Jiwon grinned.

 

 

Luhan loosened his tie as his secretary entered his office.

“It’s getting late, sir. Aren’t you going home?”

“I’m fine, do you have what I asked for?” Luhan asked, the male nodded and placed the folder on the table.

“The project between LG and TGH have been approved two years ago, it seems that the elders know each other. It’s just that it was this year that LG finally decided to start everything.”

“I heard about Mark Tuan, but I didn’t know he just came back to work.” Luhan stated as he read through the files.

“He left his position due to unknown reasons, but just days before the project’s announcement, he has been reassigned back as vice president of TGH Korea.”

Luhan’s brows met briefly but he nodded for the male to continue.

“I checked on him, he seems to be well connected since he studied in Seoul for undergraduate studies.”

“He has been seen together with Jiwon.” Luhan stated.

“They met through a common friend, I checked on it.”

Luhan leaned back on his seat.

“And they’re together right now?” Luhan looked up.

“Yes, that’s what the men reported ten minutes earlier.”

“Tell them to keep on watching her.” Luhan said before standing up and leaving his office.

His secretary exhaled and looked at the photo on his boss’s desk, it was a photo of Mark and Jiwon having brunch.

“He’s threatened. He’s not usually like this.” He said quietly before leaving the office.

 

 

“Too much for you?”

Jiwon glanced behind her, Mark was walking towards her. She was standing outside the club with a lollipop in hand.

“I’m not really used to that..environment.” She trailed off.

“Aiyo, you’ve been pampered your whole life then, gongzhu.” Mark mused in Mandarin.

Jiwon laughed.

“Are you waiting for Luhan to pick you up? Or is he joining us?” Mark asked, Jiwon shook her head.

“He’s out of town.”

“No need to be so happy about it.” Mark teased, Jiwon punched him in the arm.

“Relax, you’re always so tensed.” Mark said to her.

“You’re always so relaxed.” She shot back, Mark shrugged at her.

“Is this about the wedding again?” Mark asked her, his eyes darted past her shoulders for a brief moment.

“Yeah, it is.”

“Then, you shouldn’t hang around me so much, I’m bad influence.” Mark offered, Jiwon laughed.

“We’re now working together, genius. Besides, you’re not bad influence, Mark. You’re like..a breath of fresh air.”

“Huh?” Mark blinked.

Fresh air from Singapore.” She laughed as she headed back to the club’s entrance doors.

“They’re never going to let that go.” Mark shook his head as he followed her, he glanced behind him and saw the two males who had been staring at Jiwon look away.

His eyebrows met briefly before getting inside the building.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++