005

End Game

 

“How could our princess be taking cabs?” Jongdae frowned as they walked towards the building, he had seen Jiwon getting down from a taxi cab.

“I had my other car admitted.” She said with a small smile before eloping her arm with his.

“You and your Mustang, really.” The older male chuckled.

“How about you, oppa? How’s work?” She asked as they reached the restaurant.

“I need to fly to China this weekend for a meeting. But so far, everything has been well for me.”

“You’re happy he’s here, huh?” Jiwon asked as they climbed the steps.

“I’m happy he’s finally here. He’s been worried about you.” Jongdae said carefully, Jiwon blinked at him.

“I know you think that he only sees you as a responsibility, Won. But it’s not like that. Luhan hyung’s human.” He mused, Jiwon smiled.

“He cares about you.”

“That wont make things better, oppa. Leave it, I’m really okay.” She said before walking ahead.

 

 

“Im Jaebum!” Jackson greeted the male as he sat down, Mark grinned at his friend before taking his seat.

“You finally showed yourself.” Mark stated as Jinyoung browsed the menu.

“Jackson was nagging me about this year end trip.” Jaebum started before taking a sip of wine.

“Are we really doing it? Songah?” Jinyoung asked, Mark was about to speak when he noticed a familiar lady stroll into the room.

He paused, Jackson followed his gaze.

“It’s our~”

Jiwon was already facing in their direction, her lips started to quirk up, she was smiling.

My heart,” Jackson cooed.

“Ya! Boyfriend!” Jiwon chuckled as she walked to their table, Jackson halted.

Jinyoung chuckled.

“Hong Jiwon.” Jaebum was smiling as he stood up, the girl laughed before hugging him.

“Wow, it’s a small world.” Jackson murmured.

“Park Jinyoung,” Jiwon was looking at their other friend.

“She knows everyone.” Jackson whispered.

“It’s been a while you two,” She said as she let go of Jaebum.

“Should we congratulate you now? It was all over the news.” Jinyoung , Jiwon rolled her eyes.

“Oh, it’s Jackson and Mark.” She was surprised to see them, Jaebum looked at Jackson questioningly.

“She’s our new client. Our favorite client.” Jackson nodded solemnly, Mark shook his head.

“How do you two know each other?”

“Mark’s my car rental agent.” She mused before glancing behind her.

“Huh?” Jinyoung blinked.

“Well, it happened that way.” Mark shrugged at him.

“Let’s hang out tonight then.” She nudged Jaebum.

“At the usual place?” Jinyoung asked.

“See you, boyfriend.” Jiwon chuckled before walking away from them. Mark’s eyes followed her as she joined three males at another table, his eyes went to the male who was seated beside her. He looked so familiar.

“That person from the tailor shop.” He murmured.

“Don’t even think about it.” Jinyoung mused at him, Mark paused.

“Jiwon has a fiancé.”

“I know that.” Mark rolled his eyes.

“She’s marrying into the Xi Holdings’ household. So don’t mess around.”

“Xi?” Mark’s brows went up.

“Well, you’re a Tuan. I’m sure if you really want to mess around then, go.” Jinyoung chuckled, Mark’s eyes went to Jiwon again. She was smiling as the male beside her spoke with his friends.

“But it didn’t sound right last night.” Mark said to himself before calling for the hostess.

 

 

“I rarely see you nowadays,” Lay said as their food arrived.

“Appa has me dealing with all his projects, ge. I feel like my head is about to explode.” Jiwon made a face at him, Luhan just smiled as he sliced her steak for her.

“So, are you staying for long now? I heard you two will get married here.” Jongdae started, Jiwon looked at him.

“Yeah, I’ve been checking out some condominiums.”

Jiwon paused, her eyes went to him.

“You’re moving here?” She asked, Luhan smiled and set the utensils down.

“I was about to tell you earlier that’s why I came by your office.”

Jiwon nodded, but her brows met briefly.

“But why? Your work is in China, wouldn’t that be a hassle for you?”

“Ya, are you kicking him out of the country?” Jongdae chuckled, Lay grinned.

“It’s not like that, I just figured..since China is home to him.” She mumbled, Luhan just shook his head.

“Seoul is your home, I don’t want you to move to another country for me.” He said softly, Jiwon bit her lip.

“We’re getting married next year, Won. It’s only right I look for my own place here. Staying at that rented unit near the office is a little tiring.” Luhan pushed her plate back to her.

“Then, we can move into our Gangnam residence after the wedding.”

Jiwon just nodded back before eating.

 

 

“What did you congratulate her for?” Jackson asked as they stepped out of the restaurant.

“Jiwon?” Jaebum glanced behind them.

“She got engaged a couple of months ago, I think the wedding’s next year.” Jinyoung replied.

“Really? She doesn’t look like somebody’s fiancé.” Jackson mused, Mark was standing behind them checking his phone for messages.

“Well, it’s kind of~”

Next week? I don’t think I’m busy.

Mark glanced behind him, Jiwon and the familiar looking male were both going down the steps.

Let’s go together then,” He said before taking her hand.

Jaebum and Jinyoung grinned at each other.

“Jiwon-ah,” Jaebum spoke, she looked at them, Mark noticed how she seemed to look so relieved when she saw them.

“I’ll drive you back, you took a cab here, right?” The male spoke.

“Uh, I actually am taking the afternoon off.” Jiwon smiled at him.

“I thought you wanted to go shopping, I promised your mom I would take you.” He said to her, Mark grew amused.

“Tomorrow. Let’s do it tomorrow. We have this high school thing tonight. I mean, reunion!” She corrected herself.

Jackson grew confused, but Jiwon seemed to be talking about them.

“Them.” Jiwon pointed towards the four males before them. Luhan looked at her questioningly.

“Mark and Jackson just got back from…China. We went to high school together and, like Jaebum..we were pretty..close.” Jiwon said, Mark blinked.

Jinyoung shook his head and looked away.

“Yeah, we’re best buds!” Jackson beamed and hooked his arm with the girl’s, the male eyed him briefly.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be there tomorrow. I’m really sorry.” Jiwon spoke again, the male nodded and smiled.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then, Won.” Luhan smiled before kissing her cheek and walking towards his chauffeured Rolls Royce.

Jaebum looked at her and crossed his arms, she grinned at him.

“Problem child.” Jinyoung muttered, Jackson beamed at the girl.

“So, how long have we known each other then?” Mark faced her.

“Probably…more than a day.” She murmured.

“Should we really let these three become friends? Wouldn’t that be unhealthy?” Jinyoung asked Jaebum, the latter just mussed Jiwon’s hair.

“You two take care of her, I have a meeting. See you later, Hong.” Jaebum said before jogging back to his car.

“I’ll drive you back.” Mark spoke, Jiwon faced him.

Jinyoung almost tripped on the pavement.

“It’s fine, I can just~”

“Since you filled up my tank, I’ll drive you back.” Mark stated, he pointed towards the familiar Mercedes across the street.

Jinyoung was about to react but Jackson just dragged him away from the two.

“It’s Tuan, by the way.” Mark said in English as they crossed the street.

Huh?

Mark Tuan.” He said as he offered his hand to her, Jiwon smiled and took her hand in his.

 

 

I’m Red.” She grinned before getting inside the car.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++