012

End Game

 

“Wow, I have a feeling I’ll be seeing you here a lot.” Songah commented as she walked in the shop, Jiwon was standing by her Mustang.

“My son’s here.” She explained before taking a sip from her Pepsi.

“So, how’s your dad? Did you get yelled at yet?”

“Yeah, he wants to know who the man in the photo is,” Jiwon shrugged as she walked towards the girl, Mark and Jackson were discussing something about the new paintjob for the car in the office.

“You told him? I think you can tell him.” Songah replied as the girl sat down across her.

“And drag him into this mess with me? No, thanks.”

“I don’t think your father would be angry that you made friends with Mark.” Songah said.

“I’d rather not. Luhan’s been…checking on him too.” Jiwon bit her lip, Songah’s brows rose.

“He..He found out that..I lied to him.”

“Oh my god, Jiwon~”

“Nothing happened, he was sounded…he looked annoyed and..I just didn’t want to explain myself to him.”

“What happened?”

“I walked out.”

Songah flinched.

“I just..I hate having to explain myself to everybody. Why can’t I just..” Jiwon exhaled as her phone started to ring.

“I have to take this.” She said before standing up and stepping out of the shop. Songah saw how Mark glanced up as Jiwon made her way towards the doors.

 

 

“So, what happened?” Jackson mused as his friend compared paint samples.

“They wanted to know if I really was playing around.” Mark replied.

“Are you?” Jackson shot back, Mark’s lips quirked up.

“I don’t like trouble, Jackson.”

“Jiwon doesn’t look like trouble.”

“I’m not talking about her.” Mark shrugged him off before taking another sample set.

“Then what? Her family background? Your grandfather would jump in glee once~”

“Like I said, not her.”

“Then what?”

“Her fiancé did some snooping around. My secretary called me up to warn me about someone trying to dig up my information.”

Jackson paused, his eyes widened.

“What?”

Mark shook his head at his friend.

“He’s one of those possessive types then.” Jackson shuddered.

“Xi Holdings’ vice president, Luhan. He was born in Beijing and studied there. He graduated with a business degree at Peking University Guanghua School of Management.” Mak stated.

Wow, you’re petty.” Jackson replied, Mark shrugged.

“He started it.” The Tuan heir said before leaving the room.

Jackson grinned before leaning against the table.

Careful there, you might end up really being her rich Singaporean boyfriend.” He mused to himself.

 

 

Luhan exhaled as he walked in his hone, he took off his coat and walked towards the kitchen.

“He seems like trouble, Won.”

“I don’t think he is.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll deal with my own problems myself.”

He sighed before pouring himself a glass of water.

Jiwon confused him a lot, but what happened earlier, it was like meeting a new side of her. A new side that Luhan didn’t understand.

He was just worried about her and her safety. He glanced at his phone as it pinged.

He had left Jiwon a message earlier.

I’m out with my friends. Can’t join you for dinner. –Jiwon

Luhan set his phone down before leaning against the counter. His forehead furrowed before walking to the glass windows.

“It’s so hard to keep up with you, Won.” He murmured, then his thoughts went back to the unedited photos he received from earlier.

Mark Tuan’s face was not blurred with those photographs.

And he didn’t like the way the TGH executive looked at his fiancé.

 

 

“Yes, I already am aware of the TGH project.” Jiwon leaned back against her BMW.

“The meeting will be tomorrow morning, director.”

Jiwon nodded.

“Arasso, I’ll review the email you sent me.” She said before ending the call, then she paused when the article popped back on the screen again.

You were rambling on about choices earlier. “

She looked up, Mark was walking towards her.

Are you here to clear your name? That you didn’t influence me into this type of thinking?” She replied.

Oh, is this rebellious Red now?” He chuckled before standing beside her, Jiwon chuckled.

You seem a little off today.” Jiwon commented.

I’ve been asked to come back to work.

Jiwon let out a shocked gasp, but she was smiling.

Poor you, Mark.

Mark rolled his eyes at her.

So, back to being CEO or something?” She asked him.

Something like that, will you join me for brunch?” He mused back, Jiwon laughed.

Wanna be seen with me in public again?” She snorted.

Why? Luhan told you to stay away from me?

He kinda did,” She shrugged, Mark paused.

But don’t worry, I’m not tied to him. Yet.” She said playfully.

Careful with that kind of radical thinking, Red. It might get you in trouble.” Mark .

I’m already friends with trouble.” She shrugged back at him.

Was it that bad? With your father?

Jiwon shook her head.

He wants to know who the guy in the photo is.

Did you sell me out?” Mark mused back.

Nope, I considered it. But you seem to be a good friend, so I didn’t.” She chuckled, Mark grin before handing her his car key.

What are~

I’m giving you an escape. You look like you need some air.” Mark said then he glanced at her BMW behind them.

We’ll barter for tonight. So, brunch tomorrow?

You were serious about brunch?” Jiwon started to laugh.

Just go, I’ll call tomorrow, Red.” He waved at her before going back to the building, Jiwon looked around her and pressed the button on the car key. A silver Porsche Cayenne lit up and she made her way towards it.

She was grinning as she got in the car.

 

“Brunch.” She mused before speeding away.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++