C. 28

You're Getting on My Nerves Straight to My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's already 7:30 in the morning and Mina never get to hit the sack after they got home from the party, she can't get Momo off her mind and cannot pin point exactly what she's feeling inside her. Also, Sana telling Mina that Wonpil is taking Momo didn't help her sleep in peace at all. Thinking that she's sick Mina dialed their doctor's number.

"Come to my house now, It's an emergency. I need meds for bipolarity, abnormal beating of the heart and insomnia, also perform an ECG." Mina dictated as soon as her call got answered.

"Woah, woah! Relax Miss Myoui, ok I'm on my way" Nickhun replied at the urgent call, he'd been their doctor for eight years now and he knew Mina well enough to handle her attitude.

Mina turn the call off and decided to go down and have breakfast.

"Good Morning- oh my~ what happened last night?" Jihyo asked as soon as she sees Mina in her not so great state.

"Why did you asked?" Mina questioned as she sat on the bar counter while Jihyo carry on pouring the newly brewed coffee for Mina.

"You look stressed" Jihyo replied as she placed the toast bread, jar of Nutella and the coffee in front of Mina.

"I'm not really feeling well but don't worry I already called the Doctor, he's on his way. Say, Jihyo. Did you know that Momo's with a guy last night?" Mina asked, stopping Jihyo from sipping her coffee as she look up to face Mina.

"Nope, I didn't know" Jihyo replied and went back on blowing at her hot coffee.

"Are you not bothered by it?" Mina asked again and Jihyo furrowed her brow at the question.

"No, why?"

"Come on Jihyo!" Mina replied her tone a bit higher than usual, slamming her hand on the bar counter startling Jihyo who burn her tongue at the process. "Momo's a girl and-and you can't let her go with some guy" Mina said and Jihyo could only look at her confused because it looks like that Mina's the one who's bothered.

"Look I trust Momo, and how about you? Didn't Chae took you home?" Jihyo returned the question as she puts her mug down.

"Chaeyoung is a different case, I know that he can be trusted but-but that Wonpil guy I smell something fishy about him" Mina insisted eliciting a chuckle from Jihyo at the way Mina is so worried.

"Okay, Okay when I got home last night Momo is already there, safe and sound" Jihyo replied to calm Mina's worried .

They finished having breakfast just in time the doorbell rang and Mina immediately stood up to get the door, where a guy in a white long sleeves and a slacks, carrying a medical bag is waiting.

---

"Based on your ECG report your heart beat pattern is normal so there's no need to worry" Nickhun said after seeing the results.

"You must've interpret it wrong, I'm the one feeling it and everytime it happens I'm having a hard time of breathing, like last night! I didn't even get to sleep." Mina insisted while Nickhun listens intently to her breathing using the stethoscope.

"When does it usually occur?" He asked as he puts his stethoscope back to his bag and turn his full attention on Mina.

"Anytime of the day" Mina replied thinking back there was no specific time that it occurs.

"Let me rephrase it, does it happen everytime you meet or when you're with a certain person?" He asked a mischievous smile is on his face, intrigued by the youngest Myoui's case. Mina couldn't answer, face red as she remembers all her time with Momo.

"You just remembered the person didn't you? And I bet you're having the abnormal beating of the heart again" He said seeing the usually calm and collected heir is now a blushing mess.

"No no no! This can't be happening- no! You're playing with me are you??" Mina accused horrified at what she learned.

"I've been with you for 8 years certainly I would never lie to you. You can't sleep because you're thinking of that person, your mood changes rapidly because that person ignored you or is with someone else and you're having that fast beating of your heart because you LIKE-"

"Stop!" Mina intervene raising a hand for him to not continue, not wanting to hear any more of this obscure nonsense.

"So I guess that's it, but I can't give you any medication because there's no cure when feelings are involved Ms Myoui" He said as he fix his things, patting Mina's head as he stood up and prepare his leave.

"Don't worry it's pretty normal for everyone to feel that way" He said chuckling

"It's not when you're feeling this way to a person who only knows how to study and to top it off, with a girl!?" Mina thought as she could only watch the doctor's retreating figure. 

Jihyo came out of the kitchen carrying a tray of iced tea for their guest but it seems like she was too late so she gave it to Mina instead.

"So how's the check up?" Jihyo asked handling Mina who is quiet, a glass, the sound of the ice clinking could be heard as Mina took it staring at nothing before standing up.

"There's no cure~ I'm hopeless." Mina replied, making her way upstairs to her room.

"Hey do you wanna talk about it??" Jihyo asked worried as the girl lifelessly made her way but Mina only carry on walking mumbling incoherent words.

Mina arrived at her room put the untouched iced tea on her study table as she slumps on her bed, shrieking on her pillow that muffle the sound while repeatedly kicking around to release her frustration. Surely, that guy is playing with her, there's no proof of her liking Momo more than a friend.

"Yes~ that's right! I only like her as a friend because she's a good one! And smart too!" Mina convinced herself, as she finds her way to the gallery looking through the several pictures she took of Momo falling asle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter