--Nine: The Truth to be Told

The Elyxion Academy

--Nine: The Truth to be Told

“I really want to study there though, thanks for telling me there is such a beautiful place as the Elyxion Academy. Good bye hyung”

            That is the last time Kris saw his derp-looking face. The last time he heard that deep-husky voice ringing on his ear. The last time he could spend his time with his only blood-related brother.

            His brother is gone. His lost brother is just dead.

***

“Stop looking like a dead man, will you?” Luhan asked, put both of his hand on his hips as he looking at the class representative who just decided to come back to the Academy

“Stop bothering him, hyung” Sehun pouted, earning a blush from Luhan as he grabbed the older’s hand and cling with him like a loyal pet

            That hurts Kris’s sight actually. His friend, Luhan, is a heartless man that never shows a sign of love. But after two years, he came back to the Academy and found out that Luhan is being in love with a man younger than him that just came two years ago. The boy named is Sehun. After some days back to the Academy, he knew the boy is very clingy to Luhan. But Minseok once told him that Luhan is actually clingier than the boy and it terrified Kris more.

            The sight of Luhan is being lovey dovey is just-

“Nice to finally see you in the class” a hand tapped on his shoulder

Kris looked up smiled at his trusted man as he smiled back “Nice to finally see you again, Suho”

“I am sorry for your lost though. I heard from, Yixing. I did not mean-“

            Kris lifted up his hands.

 He did not want to remember the scene anymore as he smiled softly at Suho “It is okay. Let us not talk about that”

Earning a nodded from Suho, he said back “Welcome to the Elyxion Academy, class rep!” he shouted in such friendly way, bumped his chest on Kris who shouted a thank you in very loud voice

“Kris Wu! You finally back! Oh My God! Glad to see you here, Kris!”

            The voice is coming with a high pitch from the squirrel in the class and that named is Minseok. Without warning, Minseok ran to Kris and hug him, squeezed him hard with his biceps until Kris thought that he should check on Lay. A chuckled could be heard near them, and Kris took a notice of a new boy behind Minseok’s back.

“Here, let me introduce you the new student. He is Chen!” Minseok shout in happy manner and Kris could not feel happier than this to see those smiley eyes on his friend

“Call me Jongdae, please. I am a new student here, just came yesterday with my friend- named is Baekhyun” the dinosaur look alike boy lifting his hand for a shake that Kris gladly took

            Then he looked at the shy boy behind him. He looked very small despite Jongdae and Minseok shared the same heights with him. But the way that boy swings, Kris felt something in his heart dropped. He felt so emotional suddenly that he want to cry at the moment. Thanks to Kyungsoo who suddenly came out from nowhere with his teleporter boyfriend, Jongin. It managed to startle him.

“Kris hyung, I miss you so much!” Kyungsoo cried, hug the poor hyung immediately

            Kris could hear some broken bones on his back that widened the other’s eyes as they immediately separated Kris from Kyungsoo. Jongin is the only one who chuckled at the scene. The new boy that came in same year with Sehun is the only one that thought every Kyungsoo’s move is cute.

“You broke my bones!” Kris cried unmanly that broke the other laughter as Suho pulled Kris softly and accompanied him to his boyfriend

“Well, that is time to say hi again to your best friend then” Suho said and pushed the poor Kris away of the scene

            At the moment, Kris could not help but stared at the only eyes that did not look happy with the scene. Those eyes belonged to Baekhyun, the small boy that reminded him of his brother, Loey. Those droppy eyes felt so familiar indeed.

***

            Kris did not think that he would miss his brother badly. The moment he back to his room that he shared with the new boy Baekhyun, he cried. Every morning, he managed to sneak out from the room just to cry alone at the forest. His brother dead impacted him more than he thought. He could smile around his friends, but when he is alone, the mood just skydived.

“Baekhyun?”

            That is, when Kris found out what he missed every morning. One fine morning, he decided not to mourn over his dead brother thus he back early in the morning to his room. He did not expect to meet glowing Baekhyun on his bed, shooting a laser near him. Baekhyun gasped, suddenly lost control over his power and he shot the mirror broke.

            The glowing stop and the laser soon out from his hand. Kris widened his eyes, silently closed the door behind him and sat beside his roommate. Baekhyun is terrified, Kris could feel that. His small body could not stop shivering as he became a sobbing mess. That sight is enough to make Kris felt worse to leave this lost boy alone every morning.

“Baekhyun, it is okay. You did not hurt me, stop crying, Baek” he tried his best to soothed the boy

            He failed of course. His tender voice could not reach the other’s ear thus make he cried even more. Kris let out a deep breath before took out his hands and lifted up the other chin.

“Baek, I said it is okay. You did not hurt me” he said slowly “Did you hurt yourself somewhere? Tell me, I am gonna ask Lay to heal you” he added

“N-no. I-I- J-j-just sh-shoot y-y-you. I-I-“

“Breath Baek, breath” Kris tried his best to listen as the other boy did what he said “Now, you could speak-“

“I- shoot you. I am s-sorry. I am so sorry, ple-please don’t cast me out” Baekhyun said in between his sob

“No one is going to cast you out Baek” Kris said softly but Baekhyun snapped it

Baekhyun slip his hands from Kris’s hand as he cried messily “Th-they di-did it. A-All of them, th-they left me al-alone hyung”

“N-no no. you got it wrong. No one leave you. Everyone loves you, Baek”

“B-but they left me”

            What is happened with this boy?

“I dream it. All of you left me. J-just because I could not run, I c-could not find the way out. Y-you left me like my family left me. I heard voices, I saw red. Hyung, why are you leaving me?” Baekhyun let another cry

            His vision is blurred. Baekhyun actually could not see clearly as the tears blocked him. The man in front of him just looked exactly like a man in his dream, a little bit taller. His heart is beating too fast that looks like burst anytime thus he let another sob.

            But Kris’s state is worse. The moment Baekhyun asked the last question, he imagines his dead brother asked the same question. His heart dropped and he flinched.

“It is just dream. Look, I won’t leave you alone. So, how about back to sleep and let us have a very nice dream?” Kris asked and he actually hope he could say the same with his brother

            Baekhyun could not agree anymore. He is very tired actually. He could not sleep for days. The same nightmare haunted him without absent and that drained him out. As he laid his back on the bed, he easily fell in sleep. But he flinched at his dream.

            He could see the same dream all over again, the same dark-endless room with unknown path, the same deep-husky voice that he never heard before calling his name all over again, the same red eyes that looks so inviting.

            He just wanted his train of nightmares to end soon.

***

            Days after, and Kris knew something is definitely wrong with the new boy. He consulted with Suho soon. They gathered up in the infirmary, only missing Luhan who has been too busy to study with Sehun in the Library. Suho sat nicely beside Lay who already served them some cups of tea. Minseok sat in front of them, when Kris closed the door and looking them directly in worried.

“That is a really big problem, I hope we could help him” Minseok said in worried

“I tried to soothe him every night but the dream kept haunting him. I felt bad about it. I could hear he screamed every night on his dream. What should we do?” Kris asked

“Do you ask him about the dream?” Yixing asked and Kris nodded

“The same nightmare I have told you guys. He kept saying that someone asking him to run, a deep-husky voice, but he could not move. Thus he fell into dark-endless-room and he is trapped there. He could not find his way out as a man with red eyes followed him from behind. That man with red hair that looks like me, wait” Kris stop as realization hit him

“” he cursed silently

“What?” Suho asked

“The description” he said, widened his eyes as he looked to Suho “The man description is definitely my brother!”

“Y-your brother? But I thought that your brother is-“

“Dead. Yeah I knew Lay. He burned himself in front of my eyes because of that damned orphanage. I saw that” Kris sudden mad made the other flinched

            After Kris came back to the Academy, he told them about the organization. About how a hidden organization that came from his parent and friends actually the same orphanage when Luhan came from. That sickly organization that trained their children to become cold blooded killers. It is the same organization that also raised and killed his brother in the process.

“-But he has that deep-husky voice, that red hair, and most importantly, he looks just like me” Kris concluded

“There is one though-“ Suho muttered slowly “Your brother. Does he have red eyes? You never mentioned it to us”

“That is the only difference about my brother. But I don’t have a photo to confirm it”

“We need to call Sunny, I guess?” Suho frowned at the name

Minseok sighed “Should we?”

“We do not have much option” Suho nodded

            Sunny is not their classmate, but that is not the reason why four of them flinched at the name. She is a very bright student who seems happy all the time, too bright. Alright, that is not the problem. But this Sunny has a power to visit the dream, thus she should be very useful at the time like this.

“Visit the dream with you Kris?” Sunny asked, grinning at the thought

            After one hour of convincing, the girl finally agreed to help them and they brought her to the infirmary. She did not argue much actually, it just her roommate, Sooyoung is a little bit too loud sometimes. Kris nodded at the question, hope the other did not find this weird enough.

But she is “It is weird. What is for? Visiting dream is not something you want to try, trust me” she frowned “-but I won’t mind to help. Which dream?”

            As they thought, Sunny gasped when they said the name. They are glad the said Sooyoung is not here anymore, or else they could not get in touch with Sunny, ever. After they came to the Academy, Baekhyun and Jongdae are being avoided by the students of the Elyxion.

            Being an dependable senior, Minseok always make sure the new students are safe and sound thus he always accompanied them anywhere they went. But that is not the reason why they are being avoided. The fact that they came to the Academy by a strange brochure is the sole reason.

            Actually, Kris wanted to ask Suho more about that but the latter kept saying that the Principal has the brochure and everything is under control. Kris asked Minseok in the end, and he innocently explained that both Suho and Minseok found them in random cave, nearly died in those stormy days. They survived somehow after spending days in the cave.

“But, why? I thought that the rumor said that the new students are saf-?” Sunny asked but interrupted by Minseok rudely

“They are not threats” Minseok growled soon made Sunny shrank and hide behind Kris

“Minseok, please” at Kris voice, Minseok glared at them before turned away “The thing is- there is something I need to confirm about him and that is not because they are coming by the strange brochure. He has a very terrifying dream thus I want to know-“

“Oh, you want to help” Sunny cheered, already forgotten about how Minseok growled at her

            Yup, that is how sunny she is.

“I like to help! Let me help you then” she said cheerfully but soon drop to her pout “-but to enter someone’s dream, you need to leave your body here. Is there anyone available to do that? I don’t want my body left abandoned. Usually Sooyoung would help, or I could just ask her now, how abo-“

“Me. No. I mean, let us guard yours. That is okay, you do not need to ask Sooyoung about that” Suho interrupted

            The last thing they wanted to be happened is too much people come in the problem, moreover that talkative lady. Being a bright student, she did not mind the offerings. Thus, she hop at one of the bed in the infirmary and patted the other side of her bed to Kris. Her smile is so innocent no wonder Sooyoung has been always too protective to her.

“Lay here. We need to hold hands, don’t mind?” Sunny asked when Kris shook his head

“Wait a minute, let me check if the other already slept or not” he then added, earning a nodded from Sunny when the other silently waiting for him

            Kris sighed, laid himself on the bed in the infirmary as the time is ticking silently on his side. He, probably, would see his brother again after months of his dead. Although he did not like the idea of having his brother as the nightmare of his roommate, half of him unconsciously hopes it. He misses his brother a lot, no question of that but then he let another deep breath. Looking silently of his best friends before grabbed Sunny’s hand and closing his eyes slowly.

***

            Two years ago, Sehun did not know that the hyung beside him would be his friend, moreover his boyfriend. Luhan is a real definition of beauty by Sehun. The older has everything he adored as a man. He is tall with milky skin but not too skinny. Even the older rarely smiled, but Sehun found it is warming. Most importantly, he has a pair of sparkling eyes that drowned Sehun in the river of love. That is how much Sehun love the older.

“Could you stop looking at me like that?” Luhan asked, a little bit embarrassed by Sehun who literally eat him with his eyes “I used to be a cold blooded killer, you know?” he teased immediately

At that, Sehun chuckled, the manliest chuckling Luhan ever heard “But, I adoring your beautiful face hyung. Seriously, why so beauty?” he asked with a winked that dropped the older’s heart.

            Luhan could feel his heart stopped a beat and redness overtook his cheeks. He slap the younger gently, mumbled something about being too cheesy and else. At the noise, librarians started to glare at them who stiffen and continued to hide themselves behind the books.

“Let us stop here, should we? It is already late and I don’t want you to sleep late, hyung” Sehun suddenly stood up, looking at his watch as he glanced at his already tired boyfriend

            Luhan yawned a little, study has never been his thing thus made him get tired easily. Upon the younger’s statement, he nodded and closed his book. He only agreed to study just because his boyfriend, Sehun, turned out to be incredibly genius and kind enough to teach him, another check why he like the younger.

“What are you doing?” Sehun frowned at Luhan

The older of the two raised his eyebrow as he waited Sehun to follow him “Drive you back to the room” he answered immediately

“You do not need to, hyung” Sehun sighed “I am the one who drive you back to your room. Let’s go” he grabbed the other’s hand as he turned to other ways of Luhan and Minseok’s shared room

            -and Sehun is a gentleman.

            But they stopped at the track when they looked at slightly opened Baekhyun and Kris’s share room which is happened to be in the middle of their separated room. Luhan stopped. He felt a chill’s running on his body as they both recognized a strange light from the gap. In seconds, Luhan widened his eyes immediately then pulled Sehun to his back as he saw light burst out the said room. Sehun startled, frightened at the scene as he saw a shooting light, more like a laser, coming from there and destroyed the surfaces just inch away from them, exactly at Sehun’s position before Luhan pulled him back.

            Just across from their place, Sehun and Luhan could see the others are coming to their direction. Suho and Yixing dragged Kris with them when Minseok help an unconscious girl to come with them, all with the same frightened face. Moment later, they could hear footsteps behind them then Jongdae and Kyungsoo are just happened to come after hearing a strange broken things. Jongin is popped up out of nowhere, literally confused with what just happening.

            All special class students are here.

“Watch out!” hearing Minseok’s voice at them, Luhan soon noticed it

            Another shoot of light is bursting out of the room, larger than before thus Luhan need to forcefully use his power and throw everyone near him to stay away from the scene in order to save them for unknown destroyer. He forgot about himself though, but with a gesture of Minseok’s hand across the room, ice came from his palm and shoot gently to Luhan. The power protected the other with some kind of ice wall that soon melted with the heat of the light in seconds.

            Luhan groaned at the sudden collided powers. It did not hurt him, thanks to Minseok fast reaction but it made his head spinning and his vision became blurred. A hand pulled him closer and he fell on the embraced of a man when another light is coming through him. He looked up, only to see frightened Sehun who gasped in shock.

“What the hell is happening here?” he heard someone shouted near him

            The voice is belonged to Jongin, and he knew how frightened he is from his voice.

“Baekhyun is happened”

            Just after Jongdae said that, Luhan looked up once again. He put his hand on his head to prevent anymore dizziness as the light started to blind their vision. Luhan recognized a silhouette of someone walking near them. He widened his eyes in surprise as he recognized the familiar forces around him.

“Everyone stay close! Baekhyun is not being himself! The power controlled him!”

            He could hear Suho shouted then another light came to them. He closed his eyes, ready to take another hit but nothing came. Instead, he could felt his back sore as someone has pushed him to the ground and he heard a loud screaming. The voice is belonged to Sehun thus made Luhan gasped and immediately embraced the other’s body who whimpered loudly. Luhan flinched when he saw a large burned scar on Sehun’s back, he cursed immediately.

“Jongin, find some help!” Suho shouted

            Thus Luhan saw Jongin nodded, patted his boyfriend’s shoulder lightly before disappeared in the thin air. Kyungsoo pulled the couple easily thanks to his alternative power. He pulled Luhan, Sehun and Jongdae, who immediately became stiffed, to the safest area and waited from another command from the other.

“This is bad, what is actually happened?” Kyungsoo murmured “Jongdae, are you okay?” he asked worriedly to his roommate who did not utter any words after the attacks

“Someone should explain to us. What the hell is happening here?” Luhan cursed at his words when he could feel Sehun’s pulse faintly “Sehun, please hold on” he whispered in hope

***

“What the hell, Kris! What is happened with him?” Minseok cursed, he did not like the idea of having his friends across with them, definitely not in safe area

Kris coughed, blood coming from his mouth but he immediately wiped it out with the back of his hand “My brother, whether is Loey or not- I don’t know” his voice is coarse as if he just came out from the battle “The man that kept haunted Baekhyun is someone who looks exactly like him, but it is not him. Baek kept saying he has red eyes and those red eyes are inviting him. But all Sunny and I could look are Loey without his red eyes”

“What do you mean? Is that Loey or not? And why this is connected with this sudden force?” Suho asked, but Yixing glared at them

“Breath Kris, you are not in best condition to talk” a sweat started forming on his nape and Yixing narrowed his eyes as he healed his best friend “Something is attacking Kris from the inside. Is this because he visited the dream?”

            Then he looked at unconscious Sunny on Minseok’s hand. The girl has not been woken up after Kris suddenly opened his eyes and asked them to look for Baekhyun. They did not have any option unless to bring the girl with them because they did not want the girl left behind. Yixing kept healing Kris, he drained his power but it seems like Kris did not get any better.

“Whatever it is, we should help the other side of the room. Jongin is getting some help, but we should do something” Suho said looked at Kris who became paled suddenly “Kris!”

“I –am fine” Kris said between his coughs and he added “Baekhyun has been haunted by a man who is happened to be the exact twin of Loey. I don’t know that part, but when Sunny and I came to the dream-“

“He already took that man’s hand. He kept saying about the red eyes, but we did not see any. Thus, when I said the man in front of him should be dead by Red Forces, he is going rampage-“

“He shouted something about being inseparable then he said that he would destroy the organization-“

“He started to attack us when Sunny decided to threw me away. She let go of the hand and let me out of the dream, trapped her inside instead. I am hurting probably because Baekhyun still attacked me in his dream”

“What the hell?! Red Forces, that means he targeted Luhan?” Minseok let out another cursed words when Kris finished his explanation

            The thought of Baekhyun has been attacked them out of his awareness made him more annoyed. Thus, he let Sunny to sit on the ground and ran to the other side of the room. He looked at Suho and Yixing who widened their eyes, did not like the idea of what is the other having.

“I am going to help them. Sehun is probably hurt badly thus he could not do anything, Luhan could not protected himself when he is being targeted, Kyungsoo is the only hope but earth did not do much with a light, and I don’t need to mention about Jongdae. He just got his power recently” with that, Minseok is running to the blinding light

***

            By the moment Minseok managed to arrive at their position, they are beyond help. Minseok twitched in anger as he looked his friends are scattering around almost unconsciously. Sehun lost too much blood as his back burned badly. Kyungsoo tried his best to protect them while making the stone walls covers them, but looking at various holes on the newly walls, it probably did not help much. The laser came through the wall thus effectively hurt Kyungsoo’s hand that now bleeding badly. Jongdae shivered at the corner, looking at how his childhood’s friend became uncontrolled. Minseok swear he heard lightings out of the Academy. His eyes immediately fell on his roommate, who gasped from some air as unknown forces are strangled him out. He narrowed his eyes to look at blinding silhouette which became the source of the forces.

“Luhan! No!” Minseok warned

            He immediately lifted his palm and running to the other side of the room. He jumped to the blinding silhouette as he closes his eyes to prevent from inevitable blindness. Minseok wrapped his hands around the burning Baekhyun, produced ices at the same time so he did not hurt himself.

            Luhan gasped at the sight, he coughs badly before witnessed his best friend almost deadly burned in front of him. He knew he should help Minseok. However, without looking, he could not use his power to the other. But he could not look at that blinding silhouette either. He shouted another cursed as he felt desperate.

“Kyungsoo, do something. Minseok hyung would be dead!” Luhan closed his eyes when he did not know that the other actually has been hurt badly

            Kyungsoo flinched. He tried to move his bleeding hands but not to avail. At the name shouted, Jongdae tensed up. He finally looked at Minseok who struggled to hold Baekhyun back. Jongdae soon unconsciously struck Baekhyun a lightning. It made his friend drop to the ground but it did not stop him from glowing.

            As if Baekhyun just absorb his lighting, he stood up soon. Fortunately, it let Minseok to drop to the ground, unconscious. Luhan immediately shifted his eyes to Minseok and pulled the other to him, on Jongdae’s safe place.

            Luhan stop at his thought. He is being the most stable power not for nothing. When it came to handle power, he is the best. Despite using his power to protect them, he preferred to stop the attacker with it. So, after knowing the fact that he could not touch the light boy with his power, he decided to move the things he could saw to confine the uncontrolled boy. Therefore, the light boy would trap himself with the radiated light. Hopefully, make some spaces for them so he could know what is actually happened on the other side.

            It does. After moments of moving objects, he saw the un-blinding space. He could see Suho and friends on the other side, gasping in horror.

            He just needed to move some more things to confine the light boy if only Suho did not interrupt him. Suho shoot him with water thus made his eye contact slipped. He glared at the other, when Suho glared back.

“You will kill him!” Suho shouted

Luhan gritted his teeth as he replied “He will kill us!”

“No, he won’t!” another voice shouted

            Luhan flinched. He did not like the idea of principal is being here.

“Principal!” all of them shouted in unison, without the unconscious one

            The assistant is also here, along with some teachers that could help him and Jongin who ran immediately to Kyungsoo. They just arrived in different time except Jongin who teleported the principal with him. Looking at his friend’s state, Yixing widened his eyes. He looked at Kris who nodded slowly before running to them and healed them one by one. That is a lot of work and Luhan knew Yixing could be drained soon.

“He won’t kill us. He just targeted the Red Forces” the principal soon explained, glanced at the light boy each seconds as he continued his sentences “Your orphanage, I mean, that Red Forces, are killing his should to be soulmate. Thus, he targeted the Red Forces, won’t stop until he did it”

Luhan widened his eyes as realization hit him “He targeted me?”

            But before everyone could answer it, Baekhyun just raised up from his position. He soon overwhelmed by the power as his body began glowing again. He shot other laser exactly just few centimeters away from Luhan as if it confirmed what he just said. Luhan cringed at the action.

“Someone should stop him” he heard someone said

            This time, Luhan could not recognize the voice as a laser came through his direction. He felt his body stiffed and moment later, he moved to the other side of the room. The laser went through the surfaces that soon to be destroyed. Jongin held his back, breaths hardly.

“I made it. Hyung, are you okay?” he asked

            His breaths are unstable. Jongin just sprained his legs when he teleported Luhan. At the sight, Luhan widened his eyes in horror. From his position, he could see the scene very well.

            The teachers are circling around the Light, attacking him without hurting him. One of them is Suho, tried to do something with water without hurting him but ended up shot by random laser and left bleeding. Not far from him is Minseok who just healed by Yixing who breaths hardly after healing so many wounds in one day. Kyungsoo is sitting next to them, looks like Yixing just healed him but Luhan could see blood cake everywhere on his body, like someone just shot him brutally. Jongdae is there, shivered up like a cat as he could not do anything with his power but Luhan could hear random lightnings struck outside. Beside him is Kris, who literally coughs bloods, holding an unconscious girl who he recognizes as Sunny.

            At the sight of his friend’s suffering, Luhan only saw red. He pushed Jongin to the ground, made the other gasped. Jongin wanted to stand up but some forces did not let him too, he looked up only to see Luhan glared at him, turned his head away and Jongin is soon thrown to the corner. Luhan looked up at the scene, pushed the teachers one by one with his power as he walked towards the Light.

            He grabbed his knife from his pants and started to run. Suho saw this then he shot the water towards Luhan who quickly passed it. Minseok jaws dropped, he shouted at Luhan, by that moment has been controlled by his own power and could not hear the other. Luhan gritted his teeth, blamed Baekhyun as the main source of the disaster. The things started move around him, floated few meters away from the ground and hit the Light.

            -and the fight started.

***

            Kris could not see anything after that. Baekhyun glowed so much thus nobody could see anything after Luhan vanished to the light. He only saw things started floating around them, and laser randomly shot that destroyed everything that has been touched. He narrowed his eyes, looking at one of the silhouettes fell on the knees. He could not tell who, but he knew one of them is in danger.

            Suddenly, he could feel small finger grabbed him harshly. He widened his eyes as he looked at Sunny who is out of breaths, her eyes are barely opened. He heard faint voices that belonged to the girl so he leaned closer and tried to hear it.

“You could not kill him” is the first sentences after she continued with bloods scattered everywhere around his mouth “Run” she whispered

            Kris widened his eyes as the hand soon dropped and Sunny stopped breathing. At the same time, he could feel his breathing better. He did not cough bloods anymore but he knew what it meant. The light could not be stopped. That also meant the silhouette which he just saw is Luhan.

            He needed to run so he would be safe. But, he could not. Not after the flash of memory when Baekhyun pleaded him not to leave him alone. It reminded him of Loey. This time, he will face the death with them. And just like Luhan, he confidently came to the Light, leaving Jongin who broke his leg dumbfounded at his action.

***

            Suho tensed at the blinding scene. He cursed. He did not like fact that he could not monitor anything that is happened in that blinding spot. He looked at his friends who are badly injured and his boyfriend who looks like fainted anytime soon. The train of shock did not end just like that after he witnessed his friend, Kris, confidently walking to the blinding spot.

            Not again.

            At the thought, he dragged his feet to the same spot as he cursed at his own stupid action.

***

            Yixing would not curse if only his boyfriend did not walk to the light. He cursed, indeed, making Minseok looked up at him and digested the scene. He saw Kris just drown to the light and Suho who tried to drag his feet to the light. Luhan is nowhere to be seen as all of his friends are badly injured.

“I- I need to help them” Yixing stuttered at the words, leaving Minseok who saw Yixing ran to the light in horror

            Yixing is only a healer and that did not change the fact that he could not freaking fight. He cursed at the thought, leaving his spot as he worried at all of his friends in the blinding spot.

***

            Luhan knew about the organization they are talking about. Red Forces never been a good one and he knew it. To let many sacrifices for that damned organization, mostly because his friends they are talking about, raised his anger to the max. He screamed, attacked the light with the power in him.

            But he did not know that none of his attacks hit the said boy. He cursed and let his power went rampaged. It did not happen long because even Luhan could drain. He fell on his knees, just barely breathings as his power soon left him. The light still targeted him, shot him on the legs, hands, body, and even eyes. He let a bitter laughter. He has never been this useless before about the power.

“Baek, stop! You will kill Luhan!” he could hear Kris coming

            What is he doing here?!

Then another voice belong to Suho “Kris, get out of here!”

“No, I am not gonna leave Baek alone. You guys, go! Lay, why you are even being here?!” Kris shouted at the newcomers

“I- I could not. Kyungsoo!”

            That scared Luhan a lot. Kyungsoo came at the scene looking serious as they gathered together. Why are his friends being stupid at the same time like this?! He really wanted to yell at them if only he is not badly hurt like this. His vision became blurred and he cursed himself for not being able to use his power anymore.

“Everyone, please, run. I did not want to hurt you more”

            They stopped arguing as they heard familiar voice.

“Baek?!” they shouted

“The light controlled me. You could not hurt me. Please, tell the others to run, leave me alone. Please!”

            But before he could digest anything, he felt a hand grabbed him. He looked up. His vision blurred badly, but there is no way he could not recognize Sehun. He looked so worried and smelled like blood. Luhan scowled when he glanced at a very fresh blood dropping on his head.

“Sehun! What are you doing here?”

“Save my princess” he said innocently

            Luhan would be blushing with his words, but not at this time.

“My power- the light has been untamed. I could not prevent any longer, guys, please go away. I will kill myself thus no more destruction but if you near me, you will-”

“Not again. I will not leave you alone Baek. No- It will be not the same like my brother-“ Kris said but got interrupted by Baekhyun

“You did not leave me. You help me not to feel guilty. Please, just- run” Baekhyun cried “Now!” he shouted as the light blasted to them

            Suho soon grabbed Minseok’s hand who nodded seriously at the other. He mouthed cover me to Yixing who soon stood behind them. Minseok stood up front, motioned his hands and made ice wall to prevent them from the heat. Suho is the one who produced the water and lessened the other work. Yixing is behind them, ensured them to stay fit for whatever coming next. Kyungsoo being a smartass soon understood and stomped his feet, shook the ground as the earth started to climb up and make a shelter.

“What are you doing, go?!” Minseok shoved Kris away

“You heard him? Go! Bring Luhan with you” Suho shouted

“B-but” Kris stuttered he looked terrified at the other

“J-Jongdae is just dead, Kris. Please. No more argument. Don’t make his sacrifices for nothing. Someone should be safe at least!”

            At Kyungsoo’s words he felt his heart drop. He recalled the memory when he back at the Academy, then at he left Loey alone at the burning place. He cursed, cried miserably as he grabbed Luhan’s from Sehun. Leaving the youngest of them fall on the ground, smiled proudly. He has been held his dying state for too long anyway.

“I am going to take you back!” Kris shouted between his tears before flying away from them

            That is the last time he saw his friends all smiling to him alternately, with his own memory of them. Loey has asked him to protect the last thing he has, but the light just took it from him. He knew it. It is the light, it never been Baekhyun. But what else he had after this?

            Luhan is dying, he did not know whether the other would make it or not. His lost brother has died, leaving him alone to meet his parents above. And the Academy-

 

 

 

 

            Why does he even live?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            -and then he meets Tao.