--Three: In Disguise

The Elyxion Academy

--Three: In Disguise

            Kyungsoo is mad. He really is.

            The first time he did in the morning after opening his eyes were stretching his hands and yawning at the scene in front of his blurry vision. He has a bad sight, without his eyeglasses, he practically could not see anything. He nearly got a heart attack when he saw a bundled blanket beside him. It took some moment for him to remember his own roommate, Jongdae.

            Oh yeah, they share a room from now on.

            -and he got another heart attack when the said boy suddenly opened his eyes.

“Good morning, roommate” Jongdae said, yawning a little as his roommate blinking continuously

“Oh, good morning” he greeted back “Are you going to sleep again?” he asked, frowning a little

            Kyungsoo is not morning people but he does not like someone who wakes up late.

“Just today, please? I am still tired after spending night in that cold cave” he mumbled, slowly driven back to sleep as he closes his eyes

            Kyungsoo sighed. He could not do anything about that either. The boy seems really tired and he got the point of lacking sleep. Thus, Kyungsoo moves further and stand up beside the bed quietly.

“I need to go though. Have some business” he said shortly

            The latter did not answer immediately. He did, but with some incoherent words that only forms melodious humming from his voice. Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders, decided that the other boy certainly would not wake up so he pick up his clothes to the bathroom and soon the sound of water’s pouring could be heard.

            It took some minutes for him to finish his morning ritual, and when he is done, Jongdae already sat up on the bed, rubbing his eyes out of tiredness.

“Have more sleep” Kyungsoo suggested, drying his hair with a damp towel on his hand

            Kyungsoo did heard something like ‘kay’, ‘you’ve got the point’, and ‘going back to sleep’ before the other boy abruptly lay back on the bed. He let out a little chuckled, hoping that Jongdae could not hear him so the other could rest more. With a clicking sound of the door, Kyungsoo decided to get out of his room.

            -and that is exactly why he is mad.

            To make it clear, Kyungsoo is really upright man. He sticks to the rules what matter is happened. He will do anything to be nice-good student and make his parents proud for letting him stay at such an incredible academy. He even made a schedule for himself and never break them once, furthermore Academy’s rules.

            -but here he is, starting to break one of the rules.

            He flinched a bit, knowing that whatever will be happened next, stay later. He took a deep breath before following his own crush. When he decided to follow his mysterious crush, he did not expect him to break the rules. By the term break the rules means to go out from the Academy into that forbidden forest.

            He did not know why he did break the rules earlier. But surely Kyungsoo already knew that he will be doomed the first time he accepted the fact that he has a crush with the other boy. Jongin is mysterious, he rarely seen everywhere, and two years are enough for Kyungsoo to make up his mind.

            He couldn’t stant it anymore he needs to find out more about his crush.

            The said boy is actually an easy target to be followed, or that was Kyungsoo’s thought. After two hours straight of following the boy, Kyungsoo did not get why the other boy used so much nerves for breaking the rules. He practically did not do anything besides wandering along the street, eating some snacks, talking to the pet he met on the way, and sitting on the random bench in the park. Not even going back to his house and that is another reason why Kyungsoo is mad.

            He really wants to know where the other boy lives!

            Call him a stalker, but yes he is.

            Kyungsoo sighs. He started to regret his act for breaking the rules. Maybe this is not the right time. Maybe he following him is not the best idea. Maybe he just needs to go back to the Academy and started the research about the other boy on the computer. Then, he folds his newspaper that hid him from the other and started to retreat.

            That is when another hand held his and he gasped at the touch.

“Done with following me around, hyung?”

            For everything that is happened in the world, he just hopes that the earth below him could swallow him alive. Or well, he could just do that, it is his power anyway. But no, he could not waste any more time for that gorgeous laugh of his crush.

            That damned Kim Jongin just happened to laugh in front of him.

“Y-you know?” Kyungsoo asked, slightly blushed at the thought

Jongin hummed slowly and continued “I thought you are one of them and I started to feel mad guessing that such an innocent boy like you would be one of them. But then, after hours be followed and you practically almost did not do anything to harm me, I started to feel secure” he, once again, let out a chuckled that made Kyungsoo’s vision even more blurry “-and to answer your question, I do know you following me since the day started. You are not a good spy, hyung”

            That is only Jongin on his eyes.

Knowing that the older would not reply him soon, he said “Earth to Kyungsoo, hello?” he let out another chuckled “Well, we are outside and I kind of hungry. Are you busy hyung? How about we grab some chicken before we back to dorm?” he asked again

            Practically hit the ‘off’ button on Kyungsoo brain’s system.

            The older nodded quickly and the younger grinned at the scene before grabbing Kyungsoo’s hand and pulling him out to his favorite chicken store. Kyungsoo is mad, he really is. He is madly in love with this adorable puppy.

***

“Are you sure you do not need to check on your friend, Chen?” Minseok finally asked, slightly worried with Baekhyun’s state before he left to room

            The other shook his head, perfectly fine with it.

“He will be okay. Besides my company is not really helping that much” he grinned

“Is there something that made you happy? You look so happy” Minseok finally stated, grinning widely

“Yes of course. You called me Chen” Jongdae smiled and added quickly “If you do not realize yet but no one ever called me Chen. Not even that so-called-glowing-bestfriend”

Minseok laughed “Is that? I thought you introduce yourself as Chen to everyone”

“-and that is why no one called me Chen. They just stuck with the Jongdae name. To be honest, I started to accept that but you just called me Chen, and I felt delighted”

“Well, if that really make you happy then I will start to introduce you as Chen” Minseok smiled, being an understanding senior as he is

But Jongdae shook his head quickly “No, hyung. Don’t” he added “You know what? I will stop introduce myself as Chen, so there is only you who could call me Chen. That is more-“ he stop at the words, trying to think about good word “-romantic” he ended up, face-palming himself at the straight-forward confession

           But never mind thought, the senior looks more flustering and he kind of like the confused looks of the other.

            So, he smiled.

***

            Baekhyun hope that the glowing will stop soon. Actually, he started to feel panic. He will have a date in an hour but by the looking at his condition, he has to cancel it. He could not break the rules and leave the Academy with such a glowing state, right? It means no date for him.

            He groaned at the thought.

            It is not like he does not try to hide his glowing state before. He tried everything, even the dumbest way to cover up himself with thick layers of clothes. But even the weather is close to freezing, the glowing still slightly oblivious after ten layers of thick clothes. He surely not going on likes this, not in his first date.

            Well, nobody said that this is kind of date, but he already pricked his mind and he could not wait for the date any longer. Thus, he sat on the bed and trying to think every ways possible to stop the glowing. Jongdae will only laugh at him, his newly found friend, Kyungsoo, will continuously encourages him not to feel burdened, but then his crush will smile on him and maybe-

            -maybe started to think that Baekhyun is weird like any other people out there.

            -another panic atttack.

            Is there anything he could do well?

            He took out a deep breath and closed his eyes, stomping his feet impatiently on the ground. He is thinking hard, too hard that when the idea came to his mind, he felt like the smartest man in the world. Suho’s voice recalling on his mind like a song played back.

“That is because your power is overwhelming on your body, they need to be release, but you could not just control it yet”

            So, he just needs to release his power.

            At the thought, he self-clapped himself and brought his hand on his chest. He took another deep breath before concentrated enough to his fist. He looks for that feel, the power, to crawl from his mind to his fist. It started with small ball of light until it become larger slowly on his palm.

            His nape started to get sore, but he needs to concentrate thus his light stay on his palm. The power is too overwhelming and he started to feel panic, the foccus is long gone, and the light became a laser on his hand. He closes his eyes in panic, gasped at the process, and when he opens his eyes again, the laser is already vanished.

           It was happened to hit the standing mirror in front of him, by now has been shattered all around the ground. He sighed, cleaning all the mess and hope his roommate slash his crush will not mind this mess. But for now he will not let the smile broke from his face. He stops glowing, and that is the goal.

***

“You really think that you are hidden well, hyung?” Jongin asked, passed the ice cream from the counter to the older

Kyungsoo took that gladly, still fluttered at the idea of his stalking time that turned out to be unplanned date “Do I?” he asked

“You may be small and cute” Kyungsoo blushed at the words “-but you definitely could not be un-noticed” Jongin said

“I am sorry if I am that bad” Kyungsoo apologized although he did not know why, but the smiling Jongin is contagious that even smartass student like Kyungsoo could not think straight

“Ugh, for what? Stalking me outside the Academy?” Jongin asked, not even giving Kyungsoo the chance to respond and continued “Is that vanilla or caramel?” he asked again, leaning closer and tasted Kyungsoo’s ice cream before back to his position “Oh, vanilla. I like it”

            Kyungsoo hopes that the boy could not see his tomato face. However, by the grinning the younger has, he knew that he is being too obvious. The younger threw another question to him that made Kyungsoo’s brain totally malfunction.

“Do you like me, hyung?” Jongin randomly asked, making Kyungsoo stumbled on his feet and nearly fell to the ground if only Jongin did not catch him “Sorry, I did not mean to- It’s just that, you are being too adorable and I could not stop myself to fall more deeply on you. Well, I am sorry for this sudden confession but you did not think that I will ask you out if you are a random guy for me, right?”

“No, Kyungsoo hyung. I really like you and I got the feeling that you feel the same-“ Jongin placed his hand on the older’s chest and hummed slowly “-here. So, now I want to make it clear. Will you be my boyfriend, hyung?”

Kyungsoo could not stop himself to stare at the younger in front of him, but before the younger could say anything, he asked “Say, are you the same Jongin in the class? Y-you act different” Kyungsoo whispered the last sentence that made Jongin frowned

“Can we focus here? I need an answer, hyung” Jongin asked sternly

“Th-this is too sudden, you just said it”

“You need time?” Jongin asked disappointedly

            He did not. Kyungsoo knew it from the bottom of his heart that he did not need more time to think. He really likes, scratch that, he really loves this adorable puppy. He meant it when he said that he has a crush on Jongin for years. But at the sudden question posted to him, he is just Kyungsoo being Kyungsoo.

            Kyungsoo stop his train of thought, looking directly at Jongin’s eyes and nodded slightly.

“Alright then, I will not force you. At least I already confessed my feeling towards you, so I guess that it will affect you a bit?” Jongin chuckled at his own question but the other seems not to give any answer soon so he shrugged his shoulder “It is a little bit awkward. Do you mind if I go to the toilet, hyung?” he asked excused himself for the awkwardness as he left and gave the other a personal time before returned

***

“Even after I told you the truth, you still make a confession, huh?”

            A man in black hooded stood behind Jongin, making the latter startled at the scene. Not a minute ago that he could not stop grinning happily but then that man appeared and reminded him about the truth. He clenched his jaw, not satisfied with anything on his mind right now.

“You do realize that I am still cold-blooded killer, right? Behave man” that man stated again before continued “I am not here to spoil your little sugary life, I am not babysitting you like someone in the group. I am here to spill other information”

“I thought that we are decided not to meet today” Jongin found his own voice and whispered sternly

“Well, I do also have an appointment after this. I do not like it either. I am going to be late to my-”

At the statement, Jongin mocked “Appointment, with your soon-to-be-boyfriend?”

“Shut up. You are not in the position to lecture me” the man glared

           Even behind his hoodie, Jongin could see the killer gaze of the man and it made him shivered at the thought. But Jongin knew that the man would not do anything dangerous towards him. They need a teleporter anyway.

“You wanna hear the news or not? In case you forget that you have soon-to-be-boyfriend waiting you outside?” the man hissed

“Spill it” Jongin said

“Suho and friends already break the code. I sent a letter to them so they would find Kris instead and hopefully it misleads them. Your job is to make sure they do not find out yet, got it?”

            Jongin nodded, the job is hard actually, being a double agent.

“Anything else?” he asked

“Glad you asked. Keep an eye on the new students, informs us anything you know from them. We do not have much time, make sure you do not do any mistake”

“Alright boss, anything else?” he rolled his eyes and asked

“Stop being a child, you are no longer child, Kai” at that, the man hissed and dismissed himself

***

            Baekhyun was waiting in the backyard even before eleven in the morning. He knew that by the time Chanyeol asked him out for lunch, it means twelve or past, he still has one hour though. But never mind, he would wait all day for Chanyeol.

            To say that Baekhyun is not nervous at all would be a lie. Although Baekhyun is the only one that considered it as a date, he felt groggy. He knew that the other only meant to have lunch, but what else could an outcast like him thought.

            Yes, even before Baekhyun found his power, he is an outcast. Being powerless is something taboo in his family, thus he started to live in his own apartment and work hard to pay the bills. Jongdae’s family supported him on his every breakdown thus he felt like a burdened for them, but being Jongdae, he shooed the feeling away and embraced Baekhyun tightly so the feeling is already long gone. But that is the truth only both of them knew. And he hopes that it remains like that.

            He decided to wait Chanyeol under the biggest tree at the backyard. The Academy is must be something, to have such an enormous backyard like this one. The Academy itself is magnificent. Months ago, he would not never think to step on something luxury like this, but now he felt like all his fortunes are stored up until now, he could not stop himself for humming out his fortunes. He felt blessed, and his roommate is one of the reasons why he felt that.

            Probably because of the fatigues he is having the night before, or simply the fact that the yard is really calming, he felt his eyelid slowly closed as the bird start to chirping melodiously. He did not know when that is happened, but he laid his body to the ground and closed his eyes. He is too tired after overwhelming himself with such a power so he gave up at the condition, and sleep.

            Baekhyun did not know what is happening, but he felt very hot. So he shot his eyes open and looked around. The sun was invisible because the twilight covering it. He cursed himself for sleeping and probably missed his first date ever, but the silhouette on the other side of the tree make he realized that he is not the only one there.

“Chanyeol?” he asked, mostly to himself as he saw a ball of red wine hair

            The other did not reply immediately, he could hear a yawning and some stretching, and the next moment a train of swearing words. Soon, the pair of red eyes meet him, it widen and full of surprised. At the sight, Baekhyun chuckled, happily thought that he is not the only one who overslept.

“Tired?” Baekhyun asked

“, we missed all the lunch time, Baek” Chanyeol groaned but move closer to the boy

            Not that closer so the other boy would not feel that hot near him.

“I thought that I overslept here, why don’t you wake me up?” Baekhyun asked, actually could not focused on the other’s messy hair that screamed iness

“Well, I came late actually. Around two? I don’t know, I thought you would not be here, but then you are, sleeping tightly. I could not touch you, remember? Not like I want to wake you up, you seem so tired” he muttered to himself and added “-but here I am, overslept next to you. Don’t you think it is funny? We has our own bed up there but we slept on this damned grass” he chuckled at the thought, un-noticed a slight blushed on Baekhyun cheeks when he mentioned their room “It is already five and we do not get our lunch yet, let’s go”

At that, Chanyeol stood up, patting on his pants and turn back to frown at un-moved Baekhyun “Baek?” he called

            Baekhyun literally could not move from his position, he is fascinated with the sight in front of him. The sun started to appear and it happened to be behind that beautiful creature in front of him. It shone on him so he looks dazzling with yellowish sky as the background. Not to mention the red wine hair that looks perfect on him.

            Chanyeol is a gift for his suffering days.

“Baek, you do notice that I could not grab you because of this stupid power of mine, right? Let’s go, I am really hungry” he cried

            Smiling, Baekhyun nodded at the man and followed him behind.

***

“You got the emblem, right?” Chanyeol asked

Baekhyun nodded, pulled his arm to the other man “This morning, why?”

“In case I could not come back with you, at least you can open the gate for yourselves” he mumbled more for himself

            Baekhyun did not get the chance to ask as the man has already far in front of him. With his longest step his leg could give him, he followed his roommate’s long one. That is when he realized that the other is hobbling.

“Are you hurt?” Baekhyun asked

“Pardon me?” Chanyeol did not turn back as he is busying himself with the bushes in front of him

“Your ankles, seems like that is hurt. You are hobbling” he said

Chanyeol realized his mistake so he did not give a quick replied “I- sprained it”

“Sprained it? How?”

“It is okay, not that hurt actually. I went to the infirmary before I met you. That is why I got a little late, sorry” Chanyeol drop the topic at slightly confused Baekhyun, he added “We are arrived at the gate. Here, let me tell you, because the Academy won’t”

“The Academy is surrounded by some magic that prevent it from un-wanted creature, and rebel like us. But actually, here, you could feel the magic stop from here, so it means, the gate near here” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun to feel the air with his hand

            The other is gasped, certainly not expected that he could felt the different.

“The emblem will notice the gate right away, so it will start blinking, and-“ with a motion of his hand, he let his emblem blinking and Baekhyun awed himself with sudden change of the background “you see the gate is opened” he finished his lecture

“You do the same when you back here, feel the magic, some motion, and the gate is opened. Got it?” Chanyeol added again and proud when Baekhyun nodded his head

“Are you sure it is okay? I mean, knowing the gate is okay, but- it means breaking the rules. I kind of self-reminded myself that it is not okay” Baekhyun muttered to himself

Chanyeol gave him a small laugh, crisp and clear on Baekhyun’s ears “if you are as upright as Kyungsoo, I would give you a second thought. But I know that you are as rebel as I am, so the question is, why not?” he asked

            Baekhyun grinned, knowing that the man guesses him right so he followed him behind.

***

“We should part here” Jongin said

            Kyungsoo nodded, knowing that the younger has other appointment after this. He did not hope that much actually. He successfully followed him here, knowing the younger’s hobby, his other life than in the Academy, and his confession towards him. He blushed at the thought but Jongin is too busy to realize that.

“You promise me you will not tell the others about this hyung, remember?” Jongin asked, mentioned about him breaking the rules once a week

            Kyungsoo nodded, he did not have anyone to tell anyway.

“-and you do realize that you have not answering to my-“ Jongin stopped, furrowed his eyebrows “-my question, right?”

            -his confession.

            Kyungsoo corrected himself and another blushed, he nodded.

“Never mind, it is okay. We still have one long term anyway, same class. What a luck” Jongin smiled at the thought and gently pushed the other so he could speak more “Have a safe trip, please. See you later, hyung”

            With a smile, Jongin waved his hand before disappeared in a blink of eyes. He teleported himself to the said appointment so Kyungsoo could not follows him. Kyungsoo felt stupid already, it reminded himself why he has such a small brain to think that the younger actually could just teleport himself anywhere he want. He definitely knew if someone stalked him.

            But that is not fully right. Kyungsoo did not regret anything that happened today, even breaking the rules never through his mind, and it did not bother him that much after all. He felt stupid, but he felt more fortunate at the fact that his crush shares the same feeling with him. Most importantly, Kyungsoo does not have small brain, he is a smartass.

***

“So, where are we going?” Baekhyun asked

            By the time they are out from the forest, it is already dark outside. Baekhyun sure there will be not much option at that time. He did not want to be fussy but the weather started to feel cold and he did not like the dark aura either.

“I thought that we are agreed to have lunch?” Chanyeol asked eventually

Baekhyun rolled his eyes “That is exactly five hours ago. Well, I am not familiar with this place. You should be the one that lead us. You came one year earlier”

“I am not from here either. For your information, we practically live in the academy and the rules make us stay in”

At this, Baekhyun raised one of his eyebrows “-but I thought that you often leave the academy?”

Chanyeol stop at the question, he frowned “Well, you have got the point but that is not the case. If you insist, we will visit my usual place to hang out”

“Is that a challenge?” Baekhyun asked but the grinning of Chanyeol has answered it

“Depends on how you take it” he muttered

            That is not a long walk actually. But being Baekhyun, he never remembered the street they are on. So, when Chanyeol abruptly stop in front of what looks like a big mansion to Baekhyun. Baekhyun looked at the other man in awe.

“Your house?” he mouthed

“Kind of” the other answered with the hand rubbing his nape

            Then, Baekhyun cursed himself for not remembering the street.

“Wait here, I need to confirm something inside” Chanyeol said, holding both of his hand in front of the boy

            As Baekhyun nodded obediently, Chanyeol smiled. Excused himself to his supposed to be own house before leaving Baekhyun outside the house. The boy certainly did not know what Chanyeol was doing in his own house but decided that as something private. So, he let himself wandering at the front door.

            The house, he will said mansion, is great. Baekhyun is fascinated with the statue at the front gate, a dragon with his eyes widened. But minutes later, he is drawn by the statue and took a look closer. He saw something familiar, the same code that has been given to him yesterday. He is not sure actually, the sky is too dark and he could not see clearly. Why this is connected though, he never knew, because that time when his brain tried to click everything, a certain giant inside the mansion called him to come in.

“I guess that we are alone here, hyung are nowhere to be seen” Chanyeol said, smiled at the though

“Is that good news?” Baekhyun confused and felt a little lost but the other nodded continuously

“Yes. He never like me being with anyone” he muttered something like ‘too protective’ and continued with a grin plastered on his face “The fact that I just asked someone to visit the house is thrilled me. I wonder what face he would make”

“For someone as un-social like you, you are a bit rebel” Baekhyun concluded, earning a frown from the other

“I am not un-social! Who told you that? I just-” he furrowed his eyebrows and Baekhyun found it cute “-don’t like the fact that hyung does not like the Academy. So, I don’t fit them, just as simple as that-“

“Aw, so here I know that you have a brother complex here inside you”

            That supposed to be some jokes, but the smile on Chanyeol’s face made Baekhyun felt bad. He seems so serious. Baekhyun started to regret it.

“Hey, I am sorry. I don’t mean that. If you love your brother that much, what is wrong with that? I would do the same if I were you. And I mean what I said. So, don’t worry. I am not here to judge you” Baekhyun come in conclusion before smiled sheepishly “Now, we are in your house, assuming that you have something to eat?”

            At the idea, the grinning on Chanyeol’s face comeback and he nodded. He rushed to his supposed to be kitchen and Baekhyun followed him quietly from behind. Baekhyun’s eyes never leave Chanyeol when the latter start to busying himself with ingredients. He did not know that the said man could cook. Now he knew, it added another charm on his full list.

            A half of an hour and medium-rare steak with side dishes come to his face.

“You cooked this all?” Baekhyun dropped his jaw as the other started to cut his meat

Chanyeol nodded, proud of his outcome and teased “I do not know if you like it rare or medium, so I just cooked it medium-rare”

“You could just feed me anything, I will gladly eat that” Baekhyun mumbled

“No when I want to impress you. Well, back to topic. How about-“

            Then, they started to chat. The conversation went smoothly that none of them want to end it. By now they knew their hobby, favorite, and traits. Baekhyun deliberately passed the question related to the past and he knew Chanyeol did the same. But the time is ticking and Baekhyun could feel the breeze outside, he sighed.

“I think it is time to comeback, Yeol” he suggested

            Chanyeol grinned at the nickname and found how cute it was when he realized the boy in front of him is actually freezing. How could he forget that the night here is really cold? Of course, he did not feel the breeze because he produces his own heat on his body.

“Wait a minute, come with me” he said, earning a confused looks from the other

            Shrugging his shoulder, Baekhyun followed Chanyeol behind.

            They stop at fourth door in the corridor. Something is engraved on the surface, but Baekhyun could not really get the chance to take a look because someone is pulling him inside. He widened his eyes, as the material slowly got burned and the other panicked, so he looks up.

            Chanyeol is just few centimeters from him as he could feel Chanyeol’s breaths.  His hand was gripping something that looks like a burned clothe around Baekhyun’s back. Baekhyun flinched as he realized that Chanyeol just pulled him into his supposed to be room with maybe a scarf which accidentally got burned on the other’s hand.

“Hide well” Chanyeol mouthed, panic dominated his face

            Then he heard someone’s footsteps came near. He heard Chanyeol closed the door, someone yelled at him, long silenced, after finally Chanyeol comeback with big smile plastered on his face. Someone is beside him, did not look as happy as Chanyeol.

“Urm, hello?” Baekhyun greeted

            The man beside Chanyeol is definitely older than them. He is tall, but Chanyeol is taller, with short messy black hair and creepy looks. Baekhyun noticed the eye bags below the other’s eyes, made him looks scarier. He did not look like Chanyeol at all.

“Introducing one of my hyung, Tao” Chanyeol smiled

Baekhyun nodded, wondering if he is the one that yell at Chanyeol before, he is giving his hand as the other just look at the other hand with looks so he awkwardly put down his hands and said “Nice to meet you, my name is Baekhyun”

The so-called Tao totally scanned him from head to toe that give the other goosebumps but then he said “It is late. I will take you to the Academy”

Chanyeol, who was standing behind Tao quietly, suddenly felt the urge to explain “He means that it is already late, it is too dangerous for both of us. So, he kindly offer himself to accompany us back to the Academy”

Baekhyun swears that he saw Tao rolled his eyes, but the other just shrugged his shoulders and said “You know what I mean. The sooner the better” and he left the room

            Baekhyun blinked his eyes twice, processing the scene. He followed the older seconds later with Chanyeol behind was grabbing something before he left. He could see two silhouettes behind them. Both are as tall as Chanyeol before leaving the mansion. He is clearly dumbfounded with the sudden events. That is not a good first date ever.

“Here, wear it”

            He looked up to see the taller is grinning. When they reached the front gate, Chanyeol is already beside him, giving him a scarf. Then he explained.

“I asked you to my room so I could get a scarf for you, but you know what is happened next. I panicked so I accidentally burned that one. Here, I took another” he said but frowned when Baekhyun did not react “I thought you were cold, you are always rubbing your hands” he added with a shy as he put the scarf on Baekhyun’s shoulder

He made sure the scarf is tied perfectly before turning his gaze to unmoved Baekhyun, smiling brightly “Relax, I will not burn you as long as we are not touching”

            Little did Chanyeol knew, unmoved Baekhyun is caused by the non-stop beat on his heart and the redness on his cheeks.

***

“Don’t go outside at night. Dangerous” Tao warned firmly

            They nodded together, followed by Baekhyun gulped and Chanyeol grinned.

“See ya later, hyung. Bye!” Chanyeol waved his hand happily as the other turn his back and vanished in the dark without saying anything

“Are you sure you are brothers?” Baekhyun could not stop himself to ask as the other do something with his hand and the gate is open

Chanyeol asked Baekhyun to enter first and followed him next “Not really actually”

“I knew that” Baekhyun said “So, what are you actually?”

“Me, am a fire guardian from another planet?” Chanyeol teased

“Yeol-“ Baekhyun asked seriously, but the other change the subject continuously

“Keep going. I like the name” Chanyeol grinned at the name

Baekhyun actually want to blushed but he hold it “Seriously, Yeol-“

“Try with a pout. That is better” this time Chanyeol hummed and Baekhyun gave up, drop the topic immediately

“It is okay if you did not want to tell me though” he muttered more for himself

            Actually Chanyeol heard that. His ears are sensitive and he felt bad for concealing the truth like that. But the burning tattoo on his back kept reminded him so he took out another deep sigh.

“I am adopted” he finally said

            Baekhyun stop walking. Did he just hear that right?

“I am-“

“Do not sorry me. I am happy” Chanyeol interrupted him “They are so kind to me, I could not ask more”

            No wonder Chanyeol love them so much, another charm check.

“Okay-“ Baekhyun sighed “God, I really want to hug you!” he shout, blushed at the sudden thought that accidentally slipped from his mouth

            Chanyeol immediately chuckled at Baekhyun’s cuteness. His ears became so red, thanks to his hair that hid it well. Whether Baekhyun saying it intentionally or not

“Say, is Chanyeol really your name then?” Baekhyun asked, finally arrived in front of their room

            Chanyeol did not reply soon as he tried to open the door.

“N-not really” he said

“Can I know? I mean, the name. Can you tell me? I do not force you of course”

“I will tell you no matter what actually”

            Seriously, how many times Chanyeol make him blushed today?

            But Chanyeol means that. Baekhyun is really special for him, his only roommate, his only friend in the Academy, his only probably soon-to-be-boyfriend. And the fact that one of his hyung stand up for this boy is actually held his hope up. He is not allowed to have friend actually.

“Well, who is it?”

“Loey” he said, with a smile plastered on his face