--Fourteen: To the Rescue

The Elyxion Academy

--Fourteen: To the Rescue

“The rests are waiting there” Suho informed them

Luhan raised on of his eyebrows “The rests? What? No one is following them?”

“Yes. I mean-“ Jongin answered but Suho lifted his hand, so he would be the one to be blame

“It is my fault. At first, we thought that we are safe, so we asked Sehun to blow some wind and help Luhan hyung lifted more students trapped in the ruins. But then, one of them- apparently stuck on the ruin. Luhan hyung volunteered to jump in, but he never came up, so Sehun- he is panicked immediately. Jongin teleported him to Luhan hyung but then-“

“I bet he is Red Forces. Luhan hyung knew him. The moment we are arrived there, Luhan hyung has that unknown look to us. Then, he blew up the scene. Ruins levitated everywhere, so Sehun shoved me to teleported back here and informed you” Jongin explained immediately “He trapped in the ruins in the underground”

            Luhan rose up one of his eyebrows and looked at nervous Jongin.

“The thing is- I don’t know where he is after he shoved me thus I could not teleported to him”

The future Luhan sighed, so that Sehun stupidly followed Luhan and Red Forces “Got it. Sent me there, I would be some help”

“But your injuries?”

            Luhan glared at Yixing, has enough with his constant reminder of his injuries. Suho frowned, didn’t like how his lover got the looks, but Kris pushed Suho aside. He mouthed something like everything will be okay. Kyungsoo looked down. He didn’t like this uneasy feeling that kept lingering on his heart.

***

Jongdae cursed at Chanyeol before pushed him hard to the ground “Gosh, Chanyeol! Can you think straight, please?! Baekhyun is going to be fine!” he shouted

            Minseok looked at the scene, immediately throw an ice on Jongdae’s burning hands when Tao tried his hard to carry the principal on his back.

“How could I? How could you?” Chanyeol hissed, looked desperately at his surroundings “I just throw fire to them! Baekhyun could be near, how if he- he-“

“He is with Phoenix! For God sake, please be sane!” Jongdae has enough

            He mouthed a thank you for Minseok before stomped his feet away to the fire head. He also is nervous, but he got the feeling that phoenix would be fine. In fact, he knew, Baekhyun would be. The question is would they?

            Before the sudden smokes, Minseok got the clue and threw himself in the huge fire ball Chanyeol made with ice wall surrounded him. The ices melted away by Chanyeol’s fire and the sudden smokes filled the room immediately. Tao grabbed Minseok’s hand, and they ran to the nearest room to hide.

            The room turned out to be the favorite place Jongdae used to be in the past weeks, the library. The racks and the books help them to hide well, but from the slashing sound of iron meet a stone, he knew the enemy is still near. Alas, Baekhyun could not be seen anywhere.

            Jongdae gulped, fisted his hands to suppress his nervous.

“One of them followed us” Tao whispered to them

“Who?” Minseok asked, glanced at Chanyeol and Jongdae before focused on the scene in front of him

“I think it is Yoochun. His sword is bigger” Tao said

“Then, where is Jae?” Jongdae asked immediately, join the duo

“Baekhyun! He must be with Baekhyun!” Chanyeol panicked

Minseok has enough so he threw an ice ball to Chanyeol’s head that change into smoke in seconds “Chill out, please. But one thing for sure, if you want to save Baek, get rid of that man” he pointed at clueless Yoochun

“But how?” is Tao question

            Minseok put his hand on his chin, thinking hard. He looked deliberately at panicked Chanyeol, almost powerless Jongdae, master of martial art Tao, and unconscious Principal. There are five of them against one enemy. If he wanted to get out from this mess, he should think like Luhan.

            -and what will Luhan think when he is faced with this situation?

            He would fight back until the enemy will not able to chase him. So, he looked at his companies once again. Despite being the gifted, Chanyeol and he could not fight the enemy because those certain runes that drew on the enemy’s claymore. The only one that able to fight back is Tao and he could help him with the weapon. Jongdae could carry the principal when they are on the fight. That sounded almost great. But then he looked at the claymore once again.

“Listen, I think I have plan. Promise me you would not do anything stupid, got it?” Minseok asked and looked at them seriously

***

            Baekhyun crawled between the ruins. He could not keep up with the others pace although he spotted Chanyeol’s red hair not long ago. They hide in the library, thus Baekhyun averted his gaze to the man with claymore that followed them silently. He knows, by now, the man with claymore did not know their position. He should distract him.

            Just before he wanted to show up, a constant dizziness came through his mind.

“Not you again” Baekhyun whispered

            He put his hand on his head, shut his eyes tightly before imagined the Phoenix in his head.

“What are you doing? Show yourself? Are you stupid? You are alone! You will be dead for sure!”

            He could hear the Phoenix protested.

“In case you forget, I will be dead if you are dead. And if we are dead, they all will be dead. Safe yourself, idiot”

            With the last strike, Baekhyun opened his eyes. He agreed with the Phoenix to take over his body just minutes ago, but because of the sudden powers collided, he lost the connection. Thus, the Phoenix got back inside his head and he got back his awareness.

“What should I do then?” he asked to nobody

            Before glanced at Chanyeol and friends for the last time, and ensured the others are doing fine, he scanned his surroundings. His eyes fell for a certain glowing thing trapped in the ruins. He felt tense, thus he slowly came closer to the glowing thing.

“That’s the gem!”

            The Phoenix shouted inside his head thus Baekhyun immediately snatched it. He looked bewildered to his surroundings, made sure no one in his sight before hide in the nearest objects. He widened his eyes when looked at the gem carefully.

“As I said, the gem split up. Let’s switch again Baek, please. We needed to find another gem”

“B-but the other-“

“They must be fine. For now on, just believe in me”

            Baekhyun gulped nervously before tightened the gem on his hand. He blinked for a moment, and a smirk plastered on his face. His eyes glowing red just like the gem on his hand.

“That is right. Now, need to find another one” the words slipped on Baekhyun’s lips and his gaze fell for a certain man who just slipped out of the room silently

***

            After trying to chase his princess, he lost the tracked and now he wandered in the underground. He knew he should just wait for the rescue, but he could not just stand there when Luhan is being manipulated by that sick organization. He could hear unceasing water dropped from somewhere, faint footsteps towards him, and continuous groaned of someone. Sehun stop and flinched. He lifted his hand on his chest, pointed at the nothingness behind him. A sudden wind blew from his hand thus he smirked at the result.

“Show yourself!” Sehun ordered

            Then, an injured man came with hand on surfaces tried so hard to hold his weight. Sehun has seen the man before. He furrowed his eyebrows when the man come closer and gaped when he noticed who is he. Sehun managed to run slowly to the injured man, help him hurriedly.

“I am sorry! I didn’t mean to attack you, Mr. Shim!”

The man groaned and put his hand immediately at Sehun “That is okay. I am glad that you can defend yourself. Where are the others? Are you coming alone?”

            Sehun bit his lips. He remembered the last time he met Mr. Choi and the man turned out to be one of the Red Forces. He could not just tell the man beside him that he came with the others, but-

            He is Changmin, the assistant, he is talking about-

“I am all alone, Mr. Shim. That is what I wanted to ask. What is happened with the Academy? Why-“

“Jae hyung” the man hissed “Please put me down there, I am tired of walking” he suddenly said thus Sehun agreed and help him to move when he continued to explain “There are false alarm about the Academy thus I asked the Principal to close the gate, but then Jae hyung suddenly came out. He came to the Principal’s office and they attacked us. The principal is an idiot. Red Forces took over the Academy in seconds. I saw Luhan coming but- I don’t know the rest. Suddenly water flooded everywhere and I am stuck here” Changmin let out a deep breath as he pressed his chest hard

            Sehun can barely see but he saw blood creeped from there. He flinched and looked at Changmin once again. Everything that he said is the exact same thing of what Suho explained to them. However, he stood up immediately, took a step back and pointed his hand to the said assistant. They glared at each other, although Changmin still in his sitting position.

“How come you didn’t assume me as one of them who are manipulated by Red Forces?” Sehun asked sternly when Changmin glared at him “Are you manipulated just like Mr. Choi?” he asked

Changmin flinched when he narrowed his eyes on Sehun “You seemed know about Red Forces more than it should be. You are not just a random boy invited by the Elyxion, right? Who are you?”

            There is a brief silence before Changmin dropped the question and sighed.

I sense the danger” he mouthed and looked at Sehun “-and I don’t find anything in you. You are as pure as a baby if I may say, so I trust you”

Sehun nodded, put down his hand and continued to help Changmin stood up “I came here with Luhan hyung but it is a long story, sir. And about the information, I thought that is another long story” he honestly said

Changmin sighed “I will understand if you mentioned Luhan-”

            Sehun waited until Mr. Shim finished his sentences, but he didn’t like to do it soon. So Sehun dropped the topic and continued to walk across the underground with a new company. He wishes that Luhan and the others are doing fine.

“Sehun-“ Changmin suddenly called so the other looked up at him “How far you know about the Red Forces?”

Sehun bited his lips, thinking hard whether he should answer the question or not “The organization used to be the orphanage Luhan hyung came from” he decided to play safe when Changmin sighed

“You must be confused why it suddenly attacked the Academy, right? I am sorry. That is our fault” Changmin said

“Your fault? Why, sir?” Sehun asked, tried to ask as innocent as he could when Changmin continued

“The organization is actually not as bad as that-“

            This reminded Sehun about the first purpose of the organization, to search the power for powerless and bring more justice to the others. Sehun nodded, waited for Changmin to continue the story which, he didn’t believe, Changmin is going to say. After what looks like endless coughs, Changmin opened his lips and continued.

“Jae hyung, the leader, and Yunho, I mean the Principal, used to be childhood friends. It is happened before the Elyxion invited Yunho as the student and left Jae hyung behind. They are still good friends actually, but you could not stop jealousy easily. And that is what happened”

“Jae hyung and his brain caught the researchers’s attention thus he got recruited soon. He told Yunho the news, who gladly appreciated it because he felt guilty to leave Jae hyung alone. But after his first mission, about- about something I don’t really get what it is-“

            Sehun thought he talked about the gem.

“Jae hyung slowly change. He started to hate us without any reason. The worst is when Yunho said that he is chosen as the new Principal and I got this position as his Assistant, Jae hyung stop talking with us”

“The next thing we knew that we got new student from what should be the organization that recruited Jae hyung long ago, Red Forces. That is Luhan. The Principal, could not move on from his broken friendship, is eager to accept the student. But you know what? I felt danger from the exact student”

            Sehun paused at his track when he could hear Changmin laughed a bit about his memory, the kind of laughter that send shiver up to his spine. Sehun gulped in nervous.

“That is Luhan, thus I compeled the Principal to get roommate for that new student. It is happened to be Minseok, and I am more than happy when I knew that Luhan slowly started to be more humane and that bad sense is slowly disappeared”

Sehun nodded, decided that this is the best time to put some reaction “That is good then, sir”

“Yeah, only to find out the danger move to another student on your class”

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows, did he talk about Baekhyun hyung “My class?”

“Park Chanyeol” Changmin said “He is not ordinary, right? He came one year later after the invitation, just like you, Sehun-ah” Changmin smiled at this “-but you got all information that I needed, when he- he is lack of everything. Not to mention his unstable power”

“But- I think Baekhyun hyung and Jongdae hyung are the one on question. I heard that they are not invited to the Elyxion at all. Why did you- accepted them? Don’t get me wrong, that is all around the news” Sehun immediately said as Changmin frowned deeply

“They actually got invited” Changmin shut his eyes tightly “-but we couldn’t bring the powerless to the Academy, right? Thus, I get rid of their invitation

“Pardon me?” Sehun got confused at the sudden fact so Changmin continued

“I don’t know why you put so much interest at this. Apparently, years ago I found out that the elders made mistake. I mean, how could they invite the powerless to the Academy? Thus, even before the invitation get through them, I get rid of them

            With that said, Sehun left dumbfounded.

***

“I will teleport you then hyung” Jongin immediately said

            He grabbed the older’s hand and vanished into thin air. Yixing seemed to protest but then he looked at Suho in the room, he averted his gaze at Kris and Kyungsoo, and he bit his lips. Kyungsoo glared at Kris, when glanced at Suho. Thus, Suho furrowed his eyebrows when he scanned the others.

“Anything you hide from me, babe?” he asked sternly and Yixing gulped

“Luhan is-“

            -dying, Yixing wanted to said but Kyungsoo pointed at Kris.

“They all planned to die. There is no way back to the future, hyung. They planned to die here, thus he prohibited Yixing hyung to heal Luhan hyung. He is dying” Kyungsoo explained

            At the explanation, both Suho and YIxing dropped his jaws. Kris felt betrayed by Kyungsoo but he knew sooner or later they will know. But once again, he didn’t imagine that he is the one that caught up.

“What. Do. You. Mean” Suho deadpanned, stomped the ground when he approached Kris and pointed his finger on his chest accusingly, eyes glared at him only “-to die?”

“You hear it right, well-“ Kris put his hands up but then straightened his position and towered Suho “That is not important, I mean- we need to save the others, fast! The mission is to put the red gem back to his place. We needed to do it fast” he shouted desperately

“By doing that, they planned to die in our time. Tao’s power only means to travel back to the past, not back to the future. They knew this all along but still came here to save us, and-“

“Kyungsoo, stop it!” Kris shouted, angered filled his head but nothing is compared Suho’s anger

“You, shut up!” Suho cursed at Kris and ordered Kyungsoo to continue the rest

            By now he already know the plan, they looked at Yixing in disbelief. Yixing, same as Suho, is as clueless as his lover, thus he threw a questioning look at Kris. The man crossed his hands on defense and looked betrayed at Kyungsoo.

“Who else know about this?” Suho asked

Before Kris could answer, Kyungsoo took the chance “I believe Jongin and Sehun awared of this”

“They both know but nobody told me?” Suho asked in annoyance

Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulder “That is the part of the plan, isn’t it? As I remember, I repeated, they didn’t want us to mourn over someone who should not come from this time

            Suho let another cursed to Kris before averted his gaze to Yixing.

“Fine. I got a plan. This is the time when I needed the healer to come into battlefield. You heard me right, Yixing. Let’s go to the others” he stomped the ground once again and let the other followed him

            Kris glared at proud Kyungsoo who raised his eyebrows as winning gesture, when Yixing made sure to leave the injured students on good condition before leaving them behind.

***

“Luhan, you came here?” the future Tao immediately ran to Luhan as he appeared with the teleporter on his hand

“You needed someone to open the way, right? I might be some help” Luhan said

Tao stopped him “-but your injuries?” he whispered for Luhan only

            At the question, Luhan unconsciously touch his chest. The pain is still there, but Yixing ensured to treat all the cut skin so he could stop bleeding. Yixing’s power also allowed him to move his hand freely and use less power with much effort. But for now, that is the best thing he could.

“Yixing healed me well”

“Good, we need your power by the way. So, please-“ Tao said

            He pointed at the huge rocks that blocked their way to another. He touched the rock, felt the weigh immediately on his hand. He could do it with both hands. Thus, he felt relieved and started to open the way for them.

            The way to the underground has opened now. Luhan encouraged the other to follow him behind. Tao followed closely with Kris and Jongin on his side. Soon, they confronted with looked like endless alley down in the underground that they didn’t know exist. Kris pulled Tao’s sleve immediately, ducked in closer.

Then he whispered “Years in the Academy, and I don’t know this kind of passage existed. Do you think it is safe to continue?”

“If we want to find Sehun and take Luhan back, it didn’t leave more options” Tao said, smiled warmly as he patted the other’s back “Let’s go. We didn’t want to lose track of the others- or not”

            Tao stopped and put his nunchaku casually on his shoulder. Luhan seemed awared of the danger thus he stretched out his hand to stop Jongin and Kris for stepping forwards. There are lines of enemies in front of them, those who tortured Luhan, Tao and Chanyeol back in the Red Forces, those white clothed women.

“I knew it won’t never this easy. Three men wouldn’t be able to take over this magnificent Academy” Tao mumbled, flicked his tongue in annoyance “Leave them to me, hyung. Just teleported to them” and Tao began to smirk

***

            Minseok could feel someone nudges on him, thus he frowned and looked at his back. Jongdae’s face startled him. He widened his eyes immediately but Jongdae managed to put his hand on his mouth, successfully muffled the older’s screaming with his other index finger on his own lips and signaled the older to keep quiet. Minseok nodded slowly as Jongdae put down both of his hands back to his lap, looked at unconscious principal nervously.

“You know, eh-“ Jongdae gulped, blinked rapidly as he tried to say what he wanted to say

“Bring it on, Chen. We don’t have all time, spill it” Minseok said patiently

Jongdae nodded, took a really deep sigh before continue with stuttered “T-The thing is-s, uhm, I- uhm-“

            Minseok has enough with Chanyeol’s untamed power, so before the other got more anxious of hurting his precious Baekhyun, he ordered him and Tao to scan the room and made sure he is not around. It left the three of them, Jongdae, the Principal and him, in the hidden place. He monitored Yoochun’s movement every second before the younger tried to say something. He waited patiently, thought that the younger got another panicked attack, he is ready to sooth him down, but it turned out to be him who got that panicked attack.

            Jongdae pecked him right on his lips thus he widened his eyes double sizes.

“What are-?!” Minseok high-pitched muffled by Jongdae’s palm thus he soon realized the other is burning red

            Minseok let out a really deep breath before put down Jongdae’s hand slowly on his lips. Jongdae bited his lips in nervouseness and averted his gaze to the ground immediately, as if the ground started to put the most eye-catching show ever. He put his hand gently on Jongdae’s chin so the eyes would fell on him.

“Say” he said

Jongdae gulped, closed his eyes tightly as he stuttered at his words “I- I know that this is not the best timing, I mean- I needed to sort it out. I like you hyung- NO, scratch that! I love you hyung, I really love you thus I could not stop thinking how I could manage to leave you here fight with that evil, I just- I don’t know- I- I am so sorry I-“

“You said that you love me, right?” Minseok asked

            Thus Jongdae nodded nervously, pouted a little.

“Then you kiss me because you thought that you will lose me?”

            That is the other reason, thus Jongdae bited his lips so hard.

“-and here I thought that Luhan is so stupid for complaining his first kiss like a baby boy” Jongdae lifted up his face as he could see Minseok giggled “If you want to kiss me, at least do it right. That is my first kiss you just stole. But let’s save that for next time, because, well- you are right. It is really not the best timing ever”

            Jongdae blinked rapidly, processed the words on his mind when Minseok punched Jongdae lightly on the shoulder.

“Don’t worry, we will win this battle. Just stay here and ensured this old-man is safe enough thus we could continue this thing properly” Minseok winked

            The man soon left him, crawled to where Chanyeol and Tao are, and started the plan to attack Yoochun. Jongdae didn’t know how to control his emotion anymore. His cheeks suddenly felt hotter and the corner of his lips started to lift upwards, showing the perfect graph of y equals to one of sixteen of x squared. He could not stop smiling.

***

            Baekhyun could not stop tapping his feet furiously as he witnessed the scene. He didn’t know where he at, but he knew he is alone, thus he knew no one is there to back him up. He has to be aware. Although he could not fight, at least Phoenix took over his body right now.

“God, you are worse. Stop feeling insecure”

            Phoenix whispered to himself. Baekhyun, who is trapped on his own body, hissed.

“I could not help it. You just decided to take over my body and you left my friends behind and-“

“God, they will be fine!” for the umpteenth time, Phoenix managed to say

            Baekhyun huffed and decided to drop the topic after that.

“Where are we going?”

“I don’t know. Probbaly where this Jae is-“

With that, Baekhyun gasped “We followed him alone?! Didn’t you said that we have to be alive in order to safe the others?!”

“-and here I thought that you want to keep them safe” phoenix hissed using Baekhyun’s mouth and continued to spy the scene in front of him

            Unlike Baekhyun who didn’t focus on what is happening in front of him, phoenix is well aware of this Jae’s doing. Dropping the red gem in front of the enemy is not the accidental thing. He knew very well that Jae is intentionally put the red gem near him thus he could follow the other gem on Red Forces.

            Despite being trapped in his mind, Phoenix didn’t bother to hear all the words Baekhyun tried to say. He narrowed his eyes and focused on Jae in front of him. A man with spiked hair came to him. But the man behind who followed him shocked Baekhyun as well as Phoenix.

“L-luhan hyung!” Baekhyun shouted his lungs out

“Geez, you startled me!”

“That is Luhan hyung with them! How come you could be this calm?”

“Chill out, I know. Didn’t you look at his eyes? They are glowing red, by now I thought that you are more than know what is the meaning of that glowing red eyes”

            Baekhyun actually didn’t know the answer. He first saw that glowing red eyes on Chanyeol, but now everyone seemed to have one. Moreover one that connected to the Red Forces. And Luhan is also connected to Red Forces, not to mention back at the room when all of this is not happened yet Baekhyun once saw red eyes on Luhan’s.

            Knowing the uneasy feeling on Baekhyun, Phoenix sighed.

“To put it simple, those who are affected by Red Gem share the same eye color as mine” he show him his red glowing eyes “That didn’t mean Chanyeol, Tao and Luhan back there are controlled by Red Forces. Don’t you ever question why Chanyeol’s power untamed?”

            With that, Baekhyun made an ‘O’ shaped with his lips, as if he understands what phoenix said. However, Phoenix knew Baekhyun ddin’t. But he didn’t have all time to explain the boy, so he decided to drop the topic and back to spy the enemy. It seems like this Luhan has being controlled with Red Forces, thus Phoenix deepened his pout and narrowed his eyes.

“Where is Yunho, I thought that you are with him?” the spiked man clearly asked

“He is not. They kidnapped him from me” Jae said, walked towards them and looked carefully at Luhan “You are back to me” he whispered gently and caressed Luhan’s cheek

            Something on Jae’s eyes caught Phoenix’s attention.

“Funny that we, actually the one, that kidnapped him from them” the spiked man scoffed and threw Luhan on Jae who caught him easily “I got your baby back. But we still need that lover of yours. Find him”

“But before that, I want to ask you something Junsu” Jae put Luhan gently on the floor before walked and towered the man named Junsu “Why does Yoochun attack me?”

            At that question, Junsu tensed a bit. He shrugged his shoulder and put his hand on his head, laughing evily. He looked at confused Jae and smirked.

“I thought that little sanity on his mind has been shot. Why didn’t he? His bestfriend here tried to kill each other in front of his eyes” he explained bit flatty “-and that started because of you. Ask me again why I agreed with this at the first time? I don’t even know myself”

            Junsu used to be a good boy and a good friend. Jae looked at the man suspiciously before looked at obedient Luhan. Jae scoffed, loud enough so Phoenix could hear him.

“My gem damaged their mind” Phoenix whispered

“Pardon me? What did you say?” Baekhyun asked, started to observe the scene in front of him

“My gem gave them the powers, but they are going to be insane. Just like you when you blew up. I gave you great power but take your sanity as the payment”

“How cruel you are” Baekhyun sniffed at the though but Phoenix smirked

“That is the payback of separating me from my soulmate”

            Although Baekhyun seemed to protest more, Phoenix didn’t hear him. He paid attention to the three men in front of him, and slowly glanced at the new sounds coming from across the room. He took a step back, let himself hid well in the darkness and warned Baekhyun not to stupidly light his own body. The latter nodded, thus he identified the new two men who just join them.

“It is Sehun -and Changmin, the Assistant!” Baekhyun shouted loud enough so Phoenix glad that he took over the body minutes ago

            Imagine how much trouble the boy would bring when he shouted every single time.

            Sehun is being bewildered when Changmin stood up abruptly from his side. His eyes widened when he looked at sitting Luhan, then back to unknown men beside him. Thanks to Changmin who started the conversation thus he knew who they are.

“Luhan hyung!” Phoenix could hear Sehun called the older name

            He foolishly ran to the older man, only to shoved forcefully back to the ground. Luhan has stood up, glanced at Jae for a second, before focused his eyes on Sehun and threw him hard on the ground. With a hard sound thump, Sehun groaned and disappeared into the darkness.

            Baekhyun flinched.

“Luhan is controlled by the Red Forces, Sehun didn’t know about this. We should go, save them!”

“Wait a minute”

“You always asked me to wait! I could not anymore!”

“Baekhyun, no!”

            But Baekhyun has already taken over the body.  Phoenix held him fast, before Baekhyun could run to the said place, he felt unbearable dizziness thus he fell to the ground and groaned loudly. Phoenix hurriedly took over the body and kept silent.

“You almost show the enemy where we are. Didn’t I tell you to hide?!” he whispered more like shouted at Baekhyun’s act

            Baekhyun silenced. He remembered Phoenix told him about the logic of their safety. But still, he could not just hide when there are Sehun and Luhan near Red Forces. He widened his eyes when Luhan stood up and started to attack Sehun. Baekhyun closed his eyes tightly, didn’t want to witness the scene in front of him. When he opened it again, he could not see where the others are. He looked up only to meet with a pair of glowing eyes.

“See, who is watching us from behind?” Jae smirked when he grabbed Baekhyun’s colar and shoved him to the corner

            Baekhyun felt his body tensed, and he knew, Phoenix who has been taken over the body is mad. He could hear Phoenix growled at Jae, who smirked evilly at them. Then seconds later, Phoenix let him witness the scene in front of him.

            Changmin fought with Junsu, although it is not necessary because the Assistant has been severly injured. Junsu would win in one strike but he seemed to enjoy the fight thus he played long with the injured Changmin.

            Then his gaze fell for another scene when Luhan attacked Sehun merciless. Telekinetic the younger’s body up and down to the surroundings. He could hear a broken sound. Baekhyun flinched everytime Sehun asked Luhan to stop but the other just laughing maniacally with glowing red eyes plastered on his eyes. By now Sehun has been a bloody mess and he could not see it anymore.

            A sharp, pointed thing, touch his under chin thus Baekhyun forced to look back at the pairing red glowing eyes.

“Are you the boy, or are you the gem?” Jae asked

            Upon the question, Phoenix smirked.

“Who do you think I am? The boy- or the gem you shamelessly use?”

“Oh, so you are the gem” Jae raised his eyebrows, swung back his sword back to his lids “Then, there is no need to hurt you. You are the source of my power anyway”

            Phoenix clenched hard at the gem in his pocket and looked at Jae like his prey. The other didn’t seem like care. He looked at his surroundings once again and scoffed.

“Where is the other gem?”

At the question, Phoenix smiled “What gem?”

“Your half, moron. I give you mine so you could detect the other. Stop test my limited patient” Jae hissed

            So he is right, Jae voluntarily gave the red gem so he could sense the other one. They lose the other half of the gem. Phoenix surpressed his smirking and looked up at Jae confidently.

“Oh, so you lost it? Good luck at finding it, then” he said

Jae hissed, pointed his sword once again to the other neck “Don’t try my patient, boy. I thought I made myself clear that you are not in the position to argue. So, behave and find the other gem for me”

***

            Sehun only saw red, his eyes are bloody shot, he couldn’t move any muscle, and he knew that his state is worse than ever. He has the urge to close his eyes that time, but by closing it, he knew he would not able to open it again. So, he took deep breath, tried his best to stand up even thought he miserably fell to the ground.

“Give up” he could hear his one and only mocked him

He shook his head, coughs some bloods, before turned his gazed over his lover “Nope until you got your sense back, hyung” he said, more like whispered because his voice became hoarse

            Luhan scoffed. He didn’t know why this stubborn prey still has the energy to stand up. He just threw him hard on the surfaces back to the ground, drew so much bloods, yet he still able to speak up. Luhan didn’t like how his prey still able to fight back. Thus, he glared at the boy and repeated the same thing again and again.

            Sehun finished his coughs just to meet with the cold surfaces right on his face again. He groaned, curled up against his own legs desperately as he hid face with his hands. He opened his palm to meet with the surfaces and blew some wind thus he could lessened the damaged of the crashing, yet Luhan’s power is too powerful thus it didn’t help much.

            At the last strike and he couldn’t maintain his heavy eyes anymore, he shut his eyes off. His body felt a lot lighter, no more pains, and all he could saw are white. He found himself at all-white scene and stepped on groundless ground thus he felt like levitating.

            There is no one beside him and something like mirror stood proudly at the center of the room. He lifted his hand upwards thus the mirror came to him, and he could saw himself in the reflection but with dark background and face decorated with bruises, mostly blood. He saw a glint of green on the eyes and he could hear a loud voice on his head.

“Get your sense back!”

            Sehun felt incredibly pain on his chest, he groaned, eyes widened in double sizes. He shut his eyes tightly and opened it abruptly to meet again with a hard-cold-surface. He shouted loudly but he stopped right in the middle. He felt like something pushed him to the ground, but other force pulled him back to the air.

            He looked up, eyes filled with horror as he knew what the meaning of this.

            Both Luhans are facing each other.

***

“You really want to kill yourself, huh, seriously?!”

            Seconds later, Sehun could hear a voice, and a splashing sound then he pulled back to the ground softly. Someone caught him and put him on the lap but he couldn’t tell who because of his blurry vision. Thanks to the voice, he knew that Suho is right there with them.

“Sehun, are you okay? Hold on, I will call Yixing” Kyungsoo softly said

            Sehun heard Kyungsoo stomped his feet to make the ground move a little then next second he felt something warm on his bruises. Yixing’s voices came to his senses so he felt a little relieve. But he kept chanting Luhan’s names like a mantra thus concerned the others badly.

“Luhan hyung, where are they? They shouldn’t meet, they-“ he kept groaning desperately, eyes shut tightly

            Yixing looked up at Kyungsoo who shook his head slowly, examined the scene clearly in front of them. Nobody knows what would be happened next, but saving both Luhans seems impossible. If only they came a little bit faster, they might or not prevent something like this. But the fate, certainly, couldn’t be changed.

***

“Are you an idiot?” Suho shouted, shoved the future Luhan away from the scene after splashing the present Luhan with amount of water thus the latter couldn’t see right at that time

The future Luhan scoffed “I am saving my boyfriend here, and you still called me an idiot?” he protested

Despite the difference of the height, Suho managed to tower the future Luhan and pointed harshly on his chest “You are injured. You planned to die. You nearly dead seconds later. And you proudly said that you are saving your boyfriend?!” Suho shouted angirily and turned his back only to splash the present Luhan with another amount of water who stumbled on his feet once again and groaned in annoyance “If you are not an idiot, who you are again? Here and now, come to Lay, let him heal you correctly”

“Not gonna do. Are you a moron? You wanted to overuse your boyfriend’s power? Are you insane?! I am not going to do that” the future Luhan shoves Suho harshly but the other remained on his position, once again, splashed the present Luhan with enough water before turned back on this stubborn Luhan

“He won’t. Not with the proper use of red gem. So, why all the futures are bunch of idiots again, I didn’t believe this!” Suho shouted angirily

The future Luhan gasped, he didn’t in the mood of argue anymore, the time when he argued a lot with this class representative has long gone “You don’t understand. Before calling someone an idiot, you should know his condition” Luhan explained

“What condition?” Suho asked, fisted his fist in annoyance as he glared at the future Luhan

“Once we travelled back to the past, our future has been disappeared. Because we change the past thus our time didn’t exist anymore. Yeah, you got it right. No place for us anymore. Now, leave me alone. I am going to do the talking and you do the rest” the future Luhan replaced his angered expression into a warm one and smiled genuinely “Thanks for being on my side even after the last time, class rep. I didn’t have the chance before, but now I have, I will say this well, you are the best class rep I ever had

            With that, the future Luhan shoved Suho harshly to the ground and put his power on the other thus Suho couldn’t move a muscle. He walked to his present-self who just woke up from continuously splash of water by Suho. This is the third attempts the future Luhan tried to face his present-self, Suho couldn’t witnessed this. He closed his eyes tightly, tears started form in the corner of his eyes, and when he opened his eyes again, there is only one Luhan in front of him.

***

            That has happened so fast. One moment, Jae threatened Baekhyun to tell him where the other red gem is. Next later his friends are coming to help them.

            The future Luhan came first with Jongin, teleported to the room exactly behind Changmin thus Jongin hurriedly move Changmin right before Junsu want to slash the assistant with his sword. The future Luhan disarmed Junsu, trapped him to the corner before disappeared to the other side of the room. Probably helping Sehun who fought with manipulated the present Luhan.

            Phoenix used this chance to slip out from Jae and move to safer place behind the rocks. He hid himself well when Baekhyun kept screaming on his mind to help his friends. They are undoubtedly short of people, but their power is imbalanced.

“What are you doing? Help them!” Baekhyun desperately shouted in his mind but Phoenix remained silent

            Just when he heard another footsteps coming over, Baekhyun looked up. There are Suho, Lay, Kyungsoo, and the future Kris coming for them. Baekhyun wanted to shout at them, but Phoenix has been controlling his body. He still remained silent and undetected behind the rock.

            Suho and Kyungsoo immediately ran to Luhans and Sehun when Yixing checked on Changmin and heal him on the spot. The future Kris fought againt Junsu who laugh maniacally at his future-self. At least they fight each other equally, Baekhyun has never know that the future Kris is a greatly warrior. But there is Jae who just as great as the future Kris, and Baekhyun knew two against one never ended good.

            Instead of helping the future Kris, Phoenix ran to Yixing and Changmin, startled Kyungsoo who held fainted Sehun and witnessed the scene.

“Go help Kris, he won’t long last” Phoenix said to Kyungsoo who nodded obediently and helped the future Kris immediately “Is he good?” he pointed at Sehun

Yixing nodded “He is, but he needed more treatments” a sweat on his nape and Baekhyun knew the healer could be fainted anytime soon

            Phoenix immediately took something in his pocket and gave it to Yixing. He ensured that Jae didn’t look at them before shoved the gem secretly to the healer. Yixing widened his eyes, looked at the glowing red gem once again before looked at Baekhyun.

“The pair didn’t match up, but it is what you needed right now. Use it properly” Phoenix said “once you thought you couldn’t handle it, just threw the gem away. Got it?” he glared at the healer who nodded obidiently

            Yixing held the gem in one hand when the other healed Sehun. Phoenix used this chance to look at his surroundings. He could not see where Suho and both Luhans are, but he could see clearly how the future Kris, Jongin and Kyungsoo fought Jae and Junsu well enough. Things will turn around to good side, Phoenix has the intuition.

            Thus, to complete his good feeling, he looked for certain someone. There is unconsciously, laid on the ground, is the Assistant, or who Baekhyun called Changmin. Phoenix kneeled near the person, knew very well that Yixing did a great job when the other’s awareness is back.

“Is that you?” he could hear a faint whisper

So Phoenix leaned closer “Yes. Where is it?” he asked

            Baekhyun felt dumbfounded when he looked Changmin reached out for something on his pocket. It turned out to be a thick chain necklace with a dull pendant hung on it. Once the pendant came to Baekhyun’s hands, it shone brightly. Baekhyun gasped at the glowing red of the stone.

“T-the gem” Baekhyun stuttered but phoenix remained silent “How did Changmin has this?”

As if Changmin could hear his question, he grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and said “I st-stole it from hyung. Years ago, when I know something bad is gonna be happened. Please- Baek- I know you could save all of us” he pleaded

Baekhyun nodded desperately but Phoenix stood up, looked down at Changmin and smirked evilly“Now, we only needed to finish this mess and met Chanyeol. Where is he again?”

***

            Chanyeol couldn’t think straight, his mind wandered around where Baekhyun is. He didn’t know about the uneasy feeling that kept lingering on his heart, thus he almost got slashed by the claymore in front of him. Thanks to a certain senior that pushed him hard on the ground thus he could be safe from unavoidable attack. Yoochun is right in front of them, fighting against three, yet still stood up incredibly strong.

“Keep your mind staright!” Minseok shouted from behind

            Chanyeol nodded, looking straight at his opponent as he tried his best to concentrate. This is the plan. Tao and Minseok tried their best to disarm Yoochun, when Chanyeol produced his best fire to attack him.

            That is happened around thirty minutes later when Tao finally success to disarm Yoochun and Minseok immediately made ice wall on them. Chanyeol clapped his hand together, produced the biggest fire ball he could ever made. His nape began to sweat a lot when he aimlessly shot his fire to the opponent site.

            It didn’t matter where the fire shot, his fire born to destruct and his power is untamed anyway. The fire dances in the room, burned everything that touched it. Chanyeol made sure the other are safely around before he slipped to the nearest hidden place, away from the fire. The scorching smell filled the room, but Chanyeol awared that Yoochun is not easily defeated like that. Thus, he stood by, readied to attack anything once the fire has been shut off by Minseok’s ice.

“We did it!” he could hear Tao screaming across the room

            Chanyeol narrowed his eyes, looked at a certain tall man in the room that easily got caught by his eyes. He slowly ran to their position, found Tao and Minseok who breathed hardly and Jongdae who hold the principal tightly. He scanned the room and found Yoochun is sprawled unconsciously on the ground, seemingly burned to death.

            Chanyeol let out a relief sigh.

“Now, I demanded my present!” Minseok chirped, jumped to startled Jongdae who released the Principal soon

            Tao screamed at the scene when Minseok suddenly kiss Jongdae passionately. Chanyeol could not help but blushed hardly. He closed his eyes with both of his palms, silently peeked from the gap on his finger and giggled at their chemistry when Tao, both eyes shot opened, clapped proudly. But he stop when he felt shivered around his neck thus he glanced once again at Yoochun.

            Although he is ten meter around, he could saw Yoochun’s finger slowly move and healed himself, regeneration. Chanyeol gasped when he remembered what Yoochun’s power is. He lifted his hand desperately to produce more fire but ended up with nothing. The room filled with screaming and bloods splattered at the scene.