Pretty good disguise

Against The Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Royal Palace

 


It's been three days since the pull intensified and Luhan wasn't about to sit still. Even though Xiumin said he'd go find its source, he couldn't just leave the Emperor's side. 

[I can't believe it. Is he being paranoid now?] thought Luhan as he headed to Xiumin's office.  

The Royal Palace is a baroque styled huge building with a length of 250 m and a width of 130 m. The Emperor's office located on its 4th floor along with Xiumin's secret chamber. In other words, the 4th floor is a forbidden zone to low-ranking officials and servants. 

Even though, as tradition, Luhan will inherit Jaejoong's noble rank, Duke of West, he's not allowed in here, yet. 

But who dares to stop him? 

Luhan checked around for people and opened the secret door beside the lounge on the left-wing of the first floor. 

[He became so soft. Ugh! What happened to Ice Prince?! More like a babysitter!] he was grumbling to himself along the whole way.

Luhan went through a brightly lit maze of corridors.

[What does he think would happen? Assassination attempt? There wasn't, at least, one in the last 400 years. Of course, I know. I've been keeping eye on him-]

As he turned around the corner, he ran into a young girl.

He couldn't remember ever being in a more awkward situation than this. Beautifully styled brunette hair and the dress with the royal crest. There's no doubt. In front of him was Princess Yeri. 

"Who are you? What are you doing here?!" Princess demanded with a glare. "It's not a place where anyone can wander around!"

Luhan smirked as he thought [Oh, little girl. If you weren't so nervous yourself, you could have gotten me.]

He said, "So, here's the deal. We didn't see each other here. I know you aren't allowed to be here. And I have an important appointment. So if you'll excuse me," and side-stepped her to continue on his way.

Visibly flustered Yeri stopped him by hand, "Do you know who I am? And you didn't answer my first question!"

"I am Luhan... Princess~"

In the end, she had no choice but to let him go. Who knows? Maybe he is someone who works for his father.


Two hours later.


“Hey, are you going to come out?” asked amused Xiumin. 

Luhan’s been in the shower ever since he came into his room. 

"I don't like her. Filthy little peasant! How dare she touch me with her dirty hand!!!" came his mumbling. 

Xiumin rolled his eyes with a tired sigh. [I guess time does change people.]

He's been in his office for three days. Since he's never left the Emperor's side, it was very strange. As he was reviewing the instructions for Royal Knights, Luhan finally came out.

"We'll never leave at this rate, you know."

"Like you are the one to say... No, you don't understand. What if assassins come?... I should've increased the training of Knights. Maybe I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter