Mannequins

Against The Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy couldn’t even imagine what would have happened to them if Anir hadn't called her on time. Just know this. Villagers were ready to see some blood...

 

Smallville town. Wednesday. 19:25.

 

Black Mercedes came into town. 
“Bullet-proof, obviously,” said Hodong.
“How do you know?” asked Soogeun.
“Years of practice and knowledge,” he proudly replied.

Two old men were watching the black car with mild interest. It’s been... how long? Anyway, it’s been a while since the last time an expensive car like this came to Smallville which should be called "forgotten village".

“Did you see it’s number?”
“Yeah... They’re from West city. What’re they even doing in the North?”

As time passes, they realized something was wrong. 

Hodong brought out his walkie-talkie and ordered a few instructions and went with Soogeun to inspect them. 

 

The black car came to halt in front of one of the villagers. Probably to ask for direction. During that, they managed to get close enough to hear their talking.

“... take clothes or something?”
“Ah, yes. If you turn left there, you’ll see the tailor shop. Joy should be there at this hour.”
“Thank you.”

 

Soogeun whispered to Hodong “What business do they have with our Joy?”
“I don’t like them.” He looked at Soogeun and ordered dramatically, “Summon the others. We’re going to teach them a lesson.”

 

After the news which said ‘two suspicious-looking guys came looking for Joy’, town’s people armed themselves with a spear, bat, broom, and torch and came for their head. 
Joy admits that was a little... too much,  even if those two guys looked like... bad guys.

 

Mansion. Wednesday. 13:20

 

“My name is Seungcheol. But call me S.Coups. I’m the leader of the top-level assassins group, SVT. But no one knows that. Except for Jaejoong. After all, we are from a different country, Crescent Kingdom-”
“What? We can say ‘a’ word now?” Seungkwan came crushing into him.
“Ouch. Get off me! And stop interrupting my narration. Go play somewhere else!” He threw him out of the control room while shaking his head.

He had more important things to do than hurting his head and eyes with colorful flower patterns. 

After making sure that he locked the door, he heavily sat in front of the camera to make a video report which his superior had been waiting for.

 

“The government took us in when we were kids. Orphans with no one to care for us. We only had each other. 
We started with seventeen members. We only knew how to kill... or so I thought. But four of us found a way to live without killing. 
I thought we only had each other. Sometimes I wonder if we’re being overly dependent on each other... Maybe is it just me?”

His ‘hobby’ is to talk about his life when no one’s around. He believes that doing so makes things easier for him to remember.

“When Princess Jessica first came here after marriage, a group of ‘bodygruards’ accompanied her, NUEST. They were our seniors and Princess’s loyal followers. Of course, they left with her seven years ago. After that, our group came to protect her sons, Hwanhee and Xiao. Not an imposter named Luhan!” he took a deep breath to calm himself down.

"Yes, we know that he is fake. But we went along with Jaejoong. Because he thought Luhan can protect the Little Prince. Unfortunately, threats come in many forms. If only we could just go and kill everyone...”

S.Coups was clearly stressed out. But he had to do his report. He pressed the recording button.

"When we first came here, we decided on ‘disguises’. Suddenly having 13 guards is too suspicious, right? So Jeonghan and Mingyu became cooks, Joshua as Lord’s assistant, Dino as the Little Prince’s playmate, Woozi as the Little Prince’s tutor, Jun as Luhan’s assistant and the rest of us have been working as guards. Everything is fine,” his eyes twitched.

“Mostly...” 

He stopped trying to act like there’s no problem.

“No! I can’t lie any longer! Seungkwan and DK insist on wearing loose pants with flower pattern, pink top, and straw hats! They claim that it helps them to baffle any intruders. “It’s a psychological attack,” they said... I don’t know where I went wrong with them,” he wiped his face roughly. 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter