It's a sin to break apart a 'ship'

Against The Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anir looked back and saw the girl. She faintly remembered… actually, no. She remembered exactly how she looked at her with so much jealousy and venom ever since she arrived. Anir holds her grudge, you know.

That girl was the only daughter of the Minister of Education, Chanmi.

Aisha rolled her eyes at her. She never had a good impression of her. She was too conceited and arrogant to her liking. “Some people need to be aware of their position.”

Anir calmly looked at Chanmi like she was looking at the world’s worst idiot. Well, she can’t be blamed. After all, Anir was someone who was personally escorted here by the future Duke of West and was invited inside by Lord Hakyeon himself. By insulting Anir, she was insulting two great personages. And her background wasn’t even worth mentioning. The position of minister of any department was chosen through votes from nobles that could be changed at any moment. After all, the minister of education was just an honorable position that couldn’t earn real power or wealth.

Of all guests, Chanmi was the only one who couldn’t understand the situation. She didn’t even notice people around her slowly getting away from her, not wanting to get implicated by her idiocy. They were not going to make enemies of Luhan and Hakyeon. No chance. Their icy gazes behind their gentle smile were just too frightening to look at.

“I knew she was just an unlucky low-born. She should have known her place and not come here. So shameless!” she continued as if she finally found a chance to ridicule Anir. Ever since Anir stepped a foot inside the ballroom, she had been in the spotlight, making her extremely jealous.

Luhan’s smile slowly stiffened. When matched with his cold eyes, it was a deadly combination. [Unlucky low-born? Hahahaha… Whatever her status was, just by getting familiar with Sehun, Minseok-hyung, and I makes her better than anyone in this Hall.]

“I had thought the daughter of such an educated man would be at least someone with manners,” he said with a cold smile.

With Luhan’s reprimand, Chanmi finally realized she was too rushed and rude. Her father hurried to come to the scene and apologized to Luhan and Anir. “Pardon my daughter. It was all because I couldn’t teach her properly. I apologize, Lady Anir. I hope you’ll overlook her mistake just this one time.”

Anir smiled, “I understand your wish to protect your daughter. Just be careful next time.”

Chanmi’s felt her face burn. She bit her lips and hurried to apologize. “I apologize for my rude behavior.” After that, she could only leave the party with her father in disgrace.

After the whole commotion was over, Lord Hakyeon pacified the guests to continue the event. The Summer Ball was an important national event. With this disruption, Lord Hakyeon’s aura had become noticeably sharp. He still had a slight smile on his face, but on the inside, he was itching to punish those who dared assassination attempts.

He had conflicting feelings towards Anir. If she wasn’t here, there wouldn’t have been such ruckus in the first place. But he couldn’t dare to blame her. Behind Anir, there was the giant of the criminal world.

He could only bite his tongue and apologize. “Lady Anir, I’m really sorry for the danger you faced in this event. I should have been more attentive to safety. It was my fault. I hope you would forgive me,” he said after bringing Anir and Luhan with their attendants to the resting room.

Anir was not affected by this attempt on her life. But seeing this excellent man being humble and asking for forgiveness with his deep and affectionate eyes made Anir almost impossible to remain calm. “Lord Hakyeon, you don’t have to be sorry. It’s not your fault,” she comforted him. She knew the importance this event had for Hakyeon. She was even feeling a little guilty. Fortunately, S.Coups cleared his throat, bringing her thoughts to the present. “It’s alright. Really. You probably should go and deal with Crown Prince and Princess.”

In the end, to compensate her, Hakyeon invited her to his mansion at later date before leaving to attend to the guests.

After Hakyeon left, Luhan finally exploded. “That insignificant human! How dare she!!! Should I go and destroy her for you?”

(At SVT’s lounge.

“Don’t you think Young master’s choice of word is a little strange?” Vernon asked.

This question got them thinking.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter