Princess of the Underworld

Against The Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday morning. At the mansion of the Duke of the West.

10 o’clock. It was the time when everyone usually worked their asses off. But today was different.

After the excitement of their young master’s debut in high society last night, workers of the castle were extra quiet while doing their job. As Luhan and Anir came home almost at dawn, they were still in a deep sleep. Even S.Coups, who practically had permanent insomnia was sleeping soundly in his OWN room.
 

In the kitchen.


DK ran in like he was being chased by something while whisper-screaming, "Jeonghan hyung~, check if the sun has risen from the west!"

Jeonghan who was cleaning the kitchen stopped his job and asked with a gentle smile. "What happened?". Inside, like a doting parent that he is, he wondered with so much affection and a slight worry, [Why does he keep becoming even cuter as he grows?... OMG! What if someone realized he’s so adorable and decided to kidnap him?!!]

"S.Coups hyung is sleeping in his room! He is RESTING!!! I think I’m going to cry," said DK. To prove his point, he wiped his non-existent tears from his eyes.

Jeonghan’s smile became wider. "Right? I wonder if something good happened last night. He was even smiling when he came home."

The topic of S.Coups successfully diverted his attention from his unnecessary worry. For God’s sake, DK is a freaking assassin!

"I’m curious, too. Most of the time, he was away with Anir from Jun hyung and the young master to see through the hidden camera. Anyway, my impression of Anir became even more positive."

The older guy nodded in agreement. "Me, too. Ever since Anir came and S.Coups became her guard, he’s been showing many emotions. I was a little worried that she’d tire him out, but in the end, she loosened some of his tensions. It’s like… he became more like a human."

"I like it when hyung rests." DK told him seriously. He was so emotional that he didn’t know how to express that. S.Coups was like a father figure to him ever since they were young. Even though, there was not much of an age difference between them, as the oldest one of them, S.Coups took the responsibility of taking care of them when he was only seven years old himself. DK considers himself lucky to have a leader like him. For the group of orphans who were being trained to become assassins, it was rare to have a bond strong like them.

The six years of working and living in Jaejoong’s castle was like a healing time for them. Slowly but continuously their traumas and scars were healing.

While they were feeling emotional, Vernon came running into the kitchen, trying to conceal his panic. "What should we do? The Crown Prince is here!"

"Shouldn’t he be resting now? The Ball ended late. Not to mention, today is Sunday," Sehun grumbled beside them.

With that, everyone in the kitchen froze in alarm. The same thought kept appearing in their mind. [Where did he come from? How did he come here without being noticed?!] The most heart-dropping thing was, he was just sitting behind the kitchen counter, drinking a coffee. Two steps behind Jeonghan who had the best alertness in the team.

"Today is Mingyu’s day-off right?" Sehun asked no one. "You, bring the Crown Prince to the guest lounge," he told Vernon who nodded and left immediately after casting a suspicious glance towards him. "Jeonghan, you prepare tea and delicacies and send it to the guest lounge. DK, you tighten the protection around the castle. We don’t want to let any harm done to the Crown Prince while he is visiting us," he continued his instruction. Before walking out the door, he turned around and added, "Ah, you don’t have to wake up S.Coups."

Jeonghan and DK looked at each other briefly before splitting up to do their jobs.

***

Sehun went to Luhan’s room. As Jaejoong was not in the castle, Luhan was to entertain their guest. After all, who told him to pose as his son. To be honest, the evil part of Sehun couldn’t wait to see Luhan bowing to the "mere human" as he always said. 

On the way, he was whistling to a song in a very good mood. He didn’t even knock on the door, telling himself that he won’t be scolded because he was gosh darn cute. Just like how none of his brothers ever gotten angry with him.

It was as he imagined. Luhan only rolled his eyes at his rudeness. He was laying on his side while sipping on blood, totally relaxing. Sunday was his relaxing day. It was always like this. He wouldn’t get up from his bed while rotating between drinking and sleeping. He wouldn’t even plan a prank. That’s why not only Sehun, his other brothers, too, went to him on Sundays if they had a favor to ask, making use of his most harmless state.

"Why are you here?" Luhan asked while humming a song.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter