Sweet lies

Against The Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a roller coaster-like week for Xiumin. He found his lover’s reincarnation. It was painful yet wonderful. 
He was happy for Sehun for finding his special one. He really does. But he couldn’t help but feel sad. Oh, God! How much he missed her! 

Exactly 400 years, 2 months, and 16 days ago he first saw her. The Goddess. The flower which was never meant to wither away in mortality. At first sight, he knew he had to protect that flower. 

They were in love. 

She was the first one to look at him. Like, really look at him. For who he is. Not some royalty, not some monster. 

When he announced their marriage, everyone said what he was feeling was just shallow interest that would fade out within time. But they were wrong.  He worshipped her. He wanted to give her everything. Minseok loved her. 

They said the relationship between a human and a vampire would never work out. One was prey and the other was the hunter. 

When Irene died, she was only 21 years old. And Minseok couldn’t save her.

 

While walking deep in his thoughts, he didn’t realize he came to Luhan’s mansion until someone called out to him. 

"What a coincidence!! I was just thinking about meeting you!” came Anir’s cheerful greeting. He guessed he followed the pull unconsciously.

When they first met, the pull stopped briefly. But it was still there. Just enough to give him butterflies when he was close to her.

Xiumin smiled and asked, “It’s nice seeing you here. Did you meet Luhan?” 

She nodded with a smile. 

[She seems nervous... Why?]


Anir took a deep breath and started talking about the mansion’s beauty and its comfortable lifestyle. How it has a beautiful flower garden, enormous labyrinth, big pool, many rooms to choose from and friendly(?) workers. 

[It’s... her first time here,  right?..]

“So what I am trying to say is, this mansion is an ideal place for living and working. Don’t you agree?” she looked at him expectantly.

Xiumin got lost in her eyes. [Irene...]

"Hey, are you here?” Anir waved her hands in front of him. Startled Xiumin just said “Yeah.”

“Excellent! Today is Saturday, so you can work here from next Monday. I’m looking forward to working with you,” she smiled sweetly.

[Yeah.. smile... Wait. What?]

"If you’ll excuse me, I have someone to propose.” After muttering these bomb-like words, she went her way as if nothing happened.


Xiumin stood there for a while. To process her words. Or maybe look at his beloved just a little longer.

Suddenly Luhan appeared beside him. From his smirk, it was obvious that he witnessed everything. 

"So you’re gonna work for me, huh?” 

“What? What’re you talking about?” confused Xiumin asked him.

"You agreed to her 'proposal' to work here. I recorded it,” Luhan replied with a  eating grin and pen recorder.

"I.. what?” 

“And a spoiler, just for you. Sehun will live here too.”

This news excited him. “Really?! Like old times?”

"Yeah... So you’ll come here, right?”

"Yes, I will.”


Actually, he’s been thinking about moving on. The journey made him realize many things. Like how peaceful this Empire is, how trained his knights are, and more importantly how much he missed his brothers. 400 years... Yes, it was time to move on. He’ll never forget Irene. He won’t be able to. But for her, he’ll live. Not as someone who’s dead inside and trapped in the past. But as Xiumin. 

He changed his name when Irene died. For a fresh start. Every time someone called him by his real name, it made him miss her even more. 

'Minseok-ah'

Sadly he couldn’t do it then. But now, he was ready.

 

It’s been eight days since Sehun last saw her. 

Anothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter