Ringing in my ears.. is someone badmouthing me?!

Against The Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun didn’t realize how much he missed his family until Minseok and Luhan went back.

[How did I leave in the first place?... I remember Kyungsoo hyung going berserk. But why did I leave? Ah, right. I didn’t want to see them fighting against each other. Then the war happened. I wonder what they’re doing right now.]

Vampires have a strong bond between family. Through that bond, Sehun could feel that all of them were safe and sound. So he didn’t worry that much. But now, he wanted to see all of his brothers in one place. Like old times.

 

The memories kept flooding his mind. 

 

He was a bratty kid. He took everything he wanted. Luhan used to keep his telepathy open for him. And if Sehun wanted to see them, he just had to think one word. 'Come’. But that was when he was very little.

After they separated, as their distance kept increasing, the telepathy gradually stopped working. [Should I go look for them?]

 

It’s been three days since Minseok and Luhan went back. Just when he thought everything went back to normal, Anir stopped coming. She actually disappeared from the village. 

[Where did she go?]

He wasn’t worried about her safety. Because he would know if something happened. The thing he worried about the most was her not coming back to him.

[Where’s she? Why isn’t she coming back? Did I do something wrong? Perhaps... does she hate me?]

Sehun sat motionless for a while.

[Nah. She wouldn’t hate me... unless?]

 

Day 4. 

Another one day missing her. 

Sehun was waiting for her to come back. As usual. 

 

Day 5. 

He was never apart from her this long. He started fidgeting.

It was too boring. For me. Yes, the author.

 

Day 6.

He couldn’t sit still. 

[I guess I need to go find her.]


He went to Smallville. 

[Were there always these many humans? Or is it just me?]
Sehun started walking through the village. Here and there some curious eyes followed him. Well, it was to be expected. Since he is famous for being introverted but handsome. Handsome introvert! 

While he was aimlessly wandering around, he met Joy who was leading a hiking group that consisted of kindergarten children. 

"Oh, hello. I wasn’t expecting to see you here,” she nervously greeted. Who can blame her? Being nervous around vampires is an instinctual response. Even if they didn’t know.

"Yeah...”

Awkward... Not only to Joy. Even though Sehun knows he’s superior to humans, he was too distant from them and couldn’t remember how to engage in normal conversation. And Joy was Anir’s friend. If being indebted to lifetime slavery could be called that.

She asked about Anir’s whereabouts, thankfully. Or not...

"What? You don’t know? I came to ask you that,” replied Sehun.

"We don’t know. She just suddenly left the village. I thought she was with you.”

“...”

"...”

“Maybe we should ask Soogeun ajussi,” Joy suggested.

[We?]
“Yeah... We should” came Sehun’s awkward reply.

 

After taking the k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter