015

You're The Reason Why.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The parents took it upon themselves to handle the rest of this matter, and find a solution of their own. Warning their kids not to let Seul or Jungkook know the truth, which the boys were reluctant to accept, but gave in to later.

After checking up on their sick friend, sister and daughter, and filling in Mrs. Jung, they decided to leave Seul in her mother’s and Jungkook’s care as each left for their work, house, or in the youngest ones’ case, to hang out in one of the local barbeque restaurants, away from the eyes of the media, and the highest society.

The six childhood friends, along with Minhee, Mark, and Yugyeom took a table for themselves, farther from the entrance and well hidden, quietly playing with their drinks, or gazing at the meat grilling in front of their eyes. None of them had the appetite, but neither felt like going home, to order as much as they can was the best solution to remain seated.

“So… what do you think your parents’ decision will be?” Taking her chance, Minhee was the first to utter a word, catching the rest’s attention in the process.

“Well, honestly, I would normally say they’ll choose a solution which would fix the situation, but at the same time, it’ll have a moral lesson which will torment us and teach us a lesson for not reaching out to them first.” Namjoon explained and the boys nodded along.

“But now, it’s hard to predict. The news already reached the public, so they’ll have to think from businessmen and women perspectives. If they accuse Sungkyung with no proof, it’ll cost a huge loss to each of our companies.” Jin continued.

“Currently in the public’s eyes Sungkyung is this vulnerable female, her dad turned out to be a felon and left her with nothing to support herself and on top of that, she’s pregnant. As for Seul, she’s this successful designer who can support herself, let along nobody knows of her pregnancy. Meaning if they don’t find any proof, they’ll most likely end up having Jungkook marry Sungkyung.” Yoongi finished.

“… But how come nobody knows of Seul’s pregnancy? Wouldn’t someone snatch some news out of the nurses or the ball already by now? I mean we publicly mentioned the baby.” Minhee asked once more.

“Our parents made sure that none of that came out, they can play their ‘powerful businessmen’ cards right when they want to.” Taehyung added and reached for a piece of meat.

“Well on the bright side… your parents teach you lessons simply by forcing something on you and watch how it affects all of you, in the end you get to be happy. My dad disowns me, cuts me off, and takes all my belongings for months, making me live like a homeless person before he’d forgive me.” Yugyeom stated earning a few chuckles from everyone at the table, lifting up their mood a bit, for which they were glad. Taehyung turned to the male, putting a hand over his shoulder and a smile on his face.

“I know it took us long to tell you this with all the commotion, but… It’s good to see you again Yugyeom.”

“You must be kidding right? If I didn’t come back none of this would have happened… I practically caused this, if only I kept my mouth shut.” Said Yugyeom as he hung his head low, before a wince escaped his lips as a smack landed on the back of his head.

“Are you serious? Dude, if it wasn’t for you we’d still be stuck trying to get Seul to tell Jungkook the truth. And he’d have to end up marrying that girl, and we’d definitely end up losing Seul for another five years, or even forever.” Hoseok said sternly, before a small smile formed on his lips. “So thank you.”

“And I can vouch for the last part, Seul was thinking about leaving once again…” Mark stated, causing the boys to widen their eyes in shock.

“W-what?” stuttered Yoongi as he gazed at the two foreign best friends by the end of the table.

“Yeah… but it was a mere thought, I forbade her, told her if she leaves without fixing her relationship I’d break our partnership as well as our friendship, and work elsewhere.” Minhee reassured them, sending a wave of relief as each of their shoulders dropped. “So yeah, Yugyeom, you pretty much saved the day, I swear.” She continued while giving the male thumbs up.

“I just can’t believe Seul had to go through all of that, I’ve seen her that day… she was so happy. Even excited for the fact that she was going to be a mother, I can’t even imagine the agony she had to go through…” Yugyeom stated apologetically, as he looked at the boys who hung their heads low in sadness, as thoughts of how you must have suffered clouded their minds.

“I can… I’ve seen it.” Taehyung whispered in a pained voice, fist tightening and a frown on his face. “And believe me; none of you would have handled it. It’s like… watching someone important to you die right in front of your eyes. She died at that moment; at least, she no longer was the Seul we all used to know.” Tears started filling his eyes, as he found himself blinking them away, trying his best not to give in to the memory.

“And while you had to endure keeping a secret, you had to endure us turning our backs on her as well.” Namjoon added, ashamed of his doings.

“Out of curiosity, how was Seul before all of this happened?” Minhee asked as she gazed at the seven males related to her best friend’s past.

“She was weird.” Yoongi stated causing everyone to chuckle. “What? She was; I mean you should never wear flip flops and jeans around her. She’d nag at you all day long.”

“Oh god, I remember that! She said that she’d like to break up after you wore them once.” Jimin laughed as he held his stomach at the memory.

“Yeah laugh all you want, you were wearing the same but she actually thought it looked good on you. Seriously?” The oldest male whined as his friends kept laughing and teasing him about it.

“Wait break up?” Mark was the first to ask as confusion took over him.

“Oh Seul and Yoongi hyung dated for a while, though he broke up with her.” Hoseok said “And I don’t get what she saw in you?” He cringed at the memory of his best friend and his sister.

“Two words-”

“Min Yoongi genius we know” The boys cut him off, finishing his statement as he shrugged.

“Oh, she’d also rather call us Hyung that Oppa.” Taehyung listed another reason.

“Yet she still addresses us by our names.” Jin sighed at the thought.

“I don’t think she ever called any of us Oppa.” Namjoon stated the obvious, as the rest’s minds went through a memory lane.

“She called me Oppa once, just the other day.” Hoseok grinned proudly causing the rest to groan.

“She’s picky and at dancing.” Jin stated causing his friends to look at him with raised brows.

“Eum… You sure you’re not talking about you?” Jimin chuckled and the rest cracked up at the remark.

“Hyung, Seul used to be the top student in her class, whether it was dancing, singing, or arts.” Stated Yugyeom with an arched brow.

“She’s Jung Hoseok’s little sister, and Jung Yunho’s cousin how can she at dancing?” Hoseok laughed while Jin turned all red from embarrassment.

“I MEANT ACTING, ACTING!”

“Ooh acting~” Namjoon teased and they all laughed at the embarrassed old man.

“Though when it comes to drinking… no one tops her weirdness.” Jimin stated.

“Oh my god, don’t say…” Said the female as she hung her head low, and covered her face.

“, you too?” Asked Taehyung as he pointed at the female sitting ahead of him.

“What? What?” Mark who was clearly unaware of what’s happening asked for curiosity started taking over him.

Taehyung on the other hand just smiled and gazed at the rest of his friends before asking a question related to the memory they probably wanted to forget about. “Who here, got molested by a drunken Seul?” He raised his hand, and almost everyone on the table followed, except for Mark.

“Minhee? Even you Hoseok?”He asked, grimacing at the thought of two siblings kissing.

“Oh believe me; it took us six months to finally be able to talk normally to each other.” Hoseok explained “And in my defense she took me by surprise.”

“She took us all by surprise.” Jimin chuckled before shifting his gaze to Minhee. “How did it happen with you though?”

“Well Seul had to get back here two years ago for the one who owned the fabrics she wanted for her new line was in Korea, and he arranged for the meeting to be here, he was quite hard to please. Anyways so they had a dinner meeting and apparently, she saw you guys… at the same restaurant, you were happy and everything, and she was happy for you. But seeing all of you, Jungkook, kind of drove her to the edge.” She looked at the boys who seemed to wear a baffled, and quiet confused expression.

“I think I know when that happened…” Jin started. “Remember it was New Year’s Eve, and we decided to have dinner together, Yoongi swore that he saw Seul, but we just thought he had too much to drink?” he continued as ‘aah’s and ‘ooh’s echoed around them.

“Yeah well anyways, the thing is that after she came back, she wasn’t herself, so to cheer her up I took her out, but god if only I sent her home and watched something instead. The moment the alcohol took over she smashed her lips against mine, though the next day she was acting as if nothing happened.”

Chuckles went through the room while Namjoon kept on staring at Minhee with mischievous look, before stating something causing the whole table to fall quiet. “That’s hot.”

“OH NO!”

“Man you’re disgusting” everyone at the table snapped as they grimaced at their friend’s erted thoughts.

“What? Come on! It’s not like you’ve never thought about it.” He chuckled.

“Oh really, honey?” A feminine voice stated from behind causing the male to grow stiff before he turned to gaze at the female standing behind him, hands crossed over her belly bump and feet tapping along with her cocked brows.

“Heeeeey baby.” He stuttered with an awkward smile on his face, and beads of sweat started showing on his temple.

“Thank you Taehyung for texting me to come, otherwise I would have missed this revelation about my dear husband’s kinks.” The female stated firmly, her eyes never leaving the male.

“Always at your service Sooyeon noona.” Taehyung grinned widely, ignoring Namjoon’s death glare.

“Didn’t Jeongha come with you?” Hoseok asked as the female pointed behind her.

“I left her parking outside.” Sooyeon stated before shifting her attention back to Namjoon. “Move.” She snapped and he did as told immediately, providing a place for her right away.

A few coughs could be heard from the end of the table as everyone diverted their gazes to the two best friends who were awkwardly staring at one another.

“Oh sorry, we got so distracted that we forgot to introduce you guys.” Smiled Taehyung as he pointed to the new female, only to be interrupted by another presence.

“Sorry I’m late, hey honey.” Jeongha smiled as she leaned, planting a soft peck on Hoseok’s cheek.

“Anyways, as I was saying Minhee, Mark.” Taehyung ignoring the other female shifted his attention to the two. “The pregnant lady near Namjoon is Kim Sooyeon, a childhood friend and Namjoon hyung’s wife. As for the one near Hoseok hyung that’s Byeon Jeongha, another childhood friend and Hoseok hyung’s fiancée, you can say that she’s Seul’s sister-in-law.” He shifted his gaze back to the new females. “Noonas these are Mark and Minhee, Seul’s best friend and one time date from Paris.” He finished earning a groan from Mark and laughs from the rest.

“Pleasure to meet you!” Minhee stated with a smile and the girls smiled back.

“The pleasure is all ours, thank you for taking care of Seul.” Jeongha stated with a polite smile.

“That’s what friends are for.” Mark added, causing the girls to shift uncomfortably before Sooyeon jumped into their conversation.

“Yeah… So what were you guys talking about?”

“About how many people did drunken Seul molest” Jin said with wiggled brows.

“Oooooh, include me in that list.” Sooyeon said and Jeongha chuckled.

“Count me in as well.”

“By the way, how did it happen with you Yugyeom?” Yoongi asked.

“Me? It was more like getting used by drunken Seul than getting molested. Plus I got a bonus.” He chuckled and ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter