I’m Fine (BTS Suga)

A Place for Fluff
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junk food, new pyjamas and Christmas films, that was what Christmas Eve always was to you and this year would be no exception. The only difference was who you were going to be spending it with. You weren’t spending it with your family like you had when you were a kid, you weren’t spending it alone like you had the last two years running, no, this year you were spending it with your boyfriend. Your boyfriend who you hadn’t seen enough of over the last month or so. He’d been constantly holed up in the studio working on his group’s upcoming album. But he’d promised you that morning that he’d be home in time for dinner and that you could watch Christmas films together on the sofa until you both fell asleep.

So when Yoongi made it home around dinner time like he’d promised you he would, you already had everything set up. There were plates piled high with food on the coffee table, a pile of Christmas DVDs in the middle of it all and your favourite blanket was folded up on the arm of the sofa just in case you needed it. 

“Hi!” You’d chirped excitedly and leaving him to take his coat and shoes off you’d run for your room to grab the pyjamas you’d bought him. Flannel bottoms with a tartan print, a long-sleeved red shirt sporting a picture of a happy looking dog in a Santa hat. They weren’t really Yoongi’s style but you’d thought they were cute. And hey, it was Christmas, it was about time he got into the spirit of things.

“Here.” You’d said when you returned to the living room, shoving the pyjamas into his arms. “Wash up and put those on. Then we’ll eat.”

Yoongi had looked at the pyjamas in his arms and then back up at you. “Sure.” He’d said, flashing you a wan looking smile and he’d headed for the bathroom.

You should have known right then that something was up you decided as you looked over at Yoongi who was now pyjama clad and curled up in the corner of the sofa, your favourite Pokemon blanket wrapped around him. You’d been expecting him to argue with you some before giving in and wearing them but he hadn’t even rolled his eyes at your choice of sleepwear. 

He’d been incredibly quiet too. He’d barely said a word to you since he’d come home. He’d agreed with you that you should watch The Polar Express first and that was about it. At first you’d put it down to him being tired, he’d been working incredibly hard lately and he got quiet when he was tired but then you realised he wasn’t eating either. Tired or not Yoongi usually had an impressive appetite, that’s why you’d prepared so much food. But he’d barely touched what was in front of him. When he’d first sat down he’d helped himself to a slice of pizza but half an hour later and that was sitting half eaten on his plate and he hadn’t reached for anything else.

Unless he was just so into the film he’d forgotten about the food. You didn’t think it was very likely, but you guessed anything was possible. You picked up a cookie and held it out to him. 

It took Yoongi a moment or two to notice that you were offering him dessert but when he did he shook his head. “You eat it.” He told you, pulling his blanket more tightly around him.

“Okay.” You said, but you didn’t eat it, you put it back on the table instead. You weren’t a fan of them, you’d only bought them because Yoongi liked them and now he was refusing to eat them, it was weird. The blanket thing was a little weird too. You didn’t think it was that cold. And if he was feeling cold then why wasn’t he sitting closer to you so he could share your body heat? Why had he made himself some sort of cocoon in the corner of the sofa?

Unless…

“Are you feeling okay?” you asked. 

“Um…” Yoongi said, looking slightly startled, “… yeah. I feel fine.”

“Are you sure?” He didn’t sound sure.

“I’m sure.” He confirmed. 

He was keeping his answers short you noticed. He’d said enough though for you to realise his voice sounded hoarse. Add that to his lack of appetite and his need to keep warm and it didn’t take a genius to work out that he wasn’t feeling fine at all. And you were about to tell him so.

But before you could he sneezed so loudly and so violently that the sofa shook. “Yeah…” you said slowly, “… you sound fine.”

“Allergies.” He immediately argued.

“What allergies?” Sometimes he got a little sneezy in the summer but it definitely wasn’t summer.

Yoongi thought about it for a second before sett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter