Self-preservation (Got7 Mark)

A Place for Fluff
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You couldn’t believe you’d been so stupid. You’d stormed out of your apartment without even picking up your jacket and it was cold enough outside to have you shivering. But worse than that you were lost and again you had no one to blame but yourself. While it was true that you weren’t all that familiar with Seoul yet if you’d been paying attention to where you were going you’d probably have been able to retrace your steps. You hadn’t been paying attention though, you’d been too busy thinking up creative and unflattering names to call your boyfriend the next time you saw him. But it was okay, you knew your address, all you had to do was find a main road and hail a taxi. Yes, you could fix this.

And then you realised that not only had you left your jacket behind but you’d also left your purse which meant no money and no travel card.

.

But there was no need to panic. You had your phone, you’d noticed it on the side table as you’d been angrily shoving your feet into your shoes and you’d picked it up before heading out the door, slamming it behind you. So yes you had your phone which meant you had access to the internet. The internet was a magical thing, it would tell you where you were and how to get home again. Feeling a little better about things now you unlocked your phone. And then immediately started to panic again as you noticed how little battery you had left. You didn’t know how long you’d been walking for exactly but the bar was in the red meaning there was every chance your phone would cut out on you before you made it even halfway home.

That wouldn’t be so bad if you could count on there being plenty of people around to ask for directions. It was dark though as well cold and you were surrounded by shops and office blocks that were locked up for the night, there were no houses or restaurants or bars in sight. It was incredibly quiet and that scared you. Not only did it mean there was no one to ask for directions it also meant that if something bad happened to you there was nowhere you could run to for help.

But no, you shouldn’t think like that. If you wanted to get home in one piece you needed to stop imagining the worst and think logically. And the most logical thing you could do would be… um… hmm…

Thinking logically was hard to do when you were freezing cold and petrified.

This was all Mark’s fault you thought bitterly. If hadn’t been so dead set on starting an argument earlier then you wouldn’t be out here in the first place. And just thinking about the way he’d spoken to you back at your apartment was enough to push the panic you’d been feeling to the back of your mind, anger rolling over you instead. Yeah his day had been crappy but so had yours, you hadn’t used it as an excuse to snap at him over nothing. He could be such an sometimes.  

But or not you couldn’t help wishing he was there.

With a sigh you unlocked your phone and pulled up your recent contacts list. You paused for a second, your thumb hovering over Mark’s name. He never stayed mad for long, he was probably feeling guilty already. If you did call he’d no doubt apologise and if he apologised then you’d have to apologise too. Just because the argument hadn’t been your fault that didn’t mean you hadn’t overreacted. If getting snappy with you when he was stressed was Mark’s thing overreacting when people snapped at you was yours. You just weren’t sure you were ready to admit that yet.

Your gaze was soon drawn to the red bar in the corner of the screen though and you were reminded that your phone might die on you any minute and self-preservation won out over pride. Taking a deep breath you hit call and brought your phone up to your ear.

Mark picked up almost immediately. “Where the hell are you?” he barked before you could say a word.

This h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter