Football (NCT Yuta)

A Place for Fluff
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I keep finding old scenarios in random folders... so here's another...

 

“I don’t understand why football players get paid as much as they do.” That's what you'd said. You'd been watching a football match with your boyfriend and had been bored out of your mind. When it came down to it football was just twenty-two grown men kicking a ball around aimlessly. You didn’t get why people enjoyed playing it, why people enoyed watching it but most of all you didn't get why footballers were on the wages that they were on. They made millions and it beggared belief. “All they have to do is get the ball in the back of the net. It’s not that difficult.”

Your boyfriend, being a football fan had understandably disagreed with you. No... it was more than that. He'd taken it as a personal insult. And as soon as the match had finished he'd dragged you outside to make you pay for it. Or as he'd worded it to show you there was 'more to football than just kicking a ball around', making out it was meant to be some kind of learning experience but you were pretty sure he mostly just wanted to see you suffer.

Beause the learning experience could totally have waited until another day. It was winter and it was freezing. “You didn't even let me pick up my gloves.” You complained with a huff, sticking your hands into your pockets and stamping your feet in a bid to keep warm.

“You’ll soon warm up.” Yuta assured you, dropping the football in his hands to his feet, disregarding the glare you were sending his way. He put one foot on top of it to keep it still and looked up at you, all business. “We’re going to start simple.” He told you. “I’m going to pass you the ball and you’re going to receive it, stop for a second, then pass it back. Okay?”

 “I have kicked a ball before.” You grumbled, not any happier at being ignored.

“But did anyone teach you how to do it properly?” he asked, again not at all phased by your attitude.

“No one had to. I managed to work it out for myself.” You weren’t totally incompetent. You could kick a ball without falling over your own feet.

Shaking his head sadly Yuta stepped back from the ball. “There’s more to it than you might think, there’s a technique to it.” He told you. “Now take your hands out of your pockets, you’re not going to be able to stop the ball  if you’re standing like that.”

With a sigh, you did as you were told. There was no point arguing with him, not when he had that look on his face. It was one of focus and determination, it was a look he wore a lot when he was performing and seeing it usually gave you butterflies. Right now though you kind of wanted to hit him. You’d alread

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter