Oppa (Got7 Yugyeom)

A Place for Fluff
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time you caught Yugyeom scowling at you from across the table you’d been confused. All you’d done was ask Jaebum to pass the rice, you had no idea why he looked so annoyed.


The second time you caught him scowling was right after you’d thanked Youngjae for pouring you some water. Again, you were confused. Did he find good manners offensive for some reason? His increasingly sulky attitude just didn’t make sense.


The third time you caught him with a scowl on his face you’d been in the middle of a conversation with Jackson. And that was when you worked it out. He hadn’t batted an eyelid when you’d said ‘Oh, I like your jacket.’ He hadn’t seemed to care when Jackson had started telling you about the designer and the other pieces of their clothing that he owned. But when you’d said the words ‘Well it really suits you Oppa.’ Yugyeom’s expression had immediately darkened.


Just as it had when you’d asked the question ‘Jaebum Oppa, can you pass the rice?’


Just as it had when Youngjae had refilled your water cup and you’d responded with a ‘Thank you Oppa’.


It was the Oppa. That had to be it. Apparently Yugyeom didn’t like you calling the rest of his group members Oppa. It was almost as cute as it was ridiculous you thought as you watched him shake his head and turn his attention back to his food, faint scowl still on his face. You didn’t know why he was getting so worked up about it. You’d known the rest of Got7 for as long as you’d known him, you’d known Jaebum even longer than that, he was the one who’d introduced you to Yugyeom and the others to begin with so it wasn’t as if you were overstepping your boundaries or being rude. You thought about telling him so but you stopped yourself. What if you were wrong? What if it wasn’t the Oppa that was bothering him at all, but something else. If you didn’t want to embarrass yourself you should probably test out your theory.


You turned to Bambam. “Oppa…” you said, watching Yugyeom out of the corner of your eye, “… could you pass me a napkin?”


“Of course,” Bambam said absently, handing a napkin over before continuing the conversation he’d been having with Mark.


And yes, the scowl was back. He was sulking over you calling other people Oppa. Well wasn’t that just adorable.


……. ……

So you might have spent the rest of dinner calling Yugyeom’s group members Oppa at any given opportunity, after realising that it bothered him you hadn’t been ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter