Lisp (Monsta X Wonho)

A Place for Fluff
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was approaching six, past rush hour now and it hadn’t stopped raining all day so the shop was unusually quiet. Your only customers were a couple sitting by the window and one of your regulars, who was sitting at his favourite table in the corner. Wonho had been there for the last twenty minutes but his drink was sitting untouched in front of him as he read the papers he had in his hand. There was a crease between his eyebrows and occasionally you would catch him mouthing something to himself. Whatever he was doing he seemed to be concentrating hard and it had you curious. Sometimes when he came in he came in to work but usually he’d be wearing headphones and be plugged into his laptop. Today his laptop was nowhere in sight so it seemed he wasn’t here to work on his music. You found yourself tapping the counter with your fingernails as you continued to study him. The papers in his hand, they looked like a script. But he’d never mentioned he was interested in acting, whenever you talked to him about his job the only thing he talked about was wanting to improve his songwriting skills. He wanted to make music that was good enough to feature on an album, music his fans would like. Acting had never come up in conversation, so you wondered what it was he was doing.


“If you want to go and talk to him that much just go and talk to him.” Your supervisor said and you very nearly jumped out of your skin. You hadn’t heard him walk up behind you.


“I’ve had my break.” You reminded him, after catching your breath. What was he, part cat?


“We’re not exactly rushed off our feet.” He pointed out. “Take another.”


He was right. Wonho had been the last customer through the door and that had been almost half an hour ago. So you mumbled a thanks and headed for the shop floor. 


By the time you realised that sitting down unannounced would be a bit weird you were already standing by Wonho’s table. Wonho though didn’t seem to notice you hovering and continued what he’d been doing, which was reading aloud. 


You frowned as you listened to what he was saying. It wasn’t the words that were bothering you, it was the way he was saying them. He was saying each syllable slowly, clearly, crisply… if it was a script and he was practicing lines it seemed like a really odd way to do it. You cleared your throat, intending to say so and it was Wonho’s turn to jump out of his skin, his knee hitting the underside of the table as he did so. 


“Sorry,” you offered, wincing in sympathy, “I didn’t mean to startle you.”


“No, no, it’s okay.” Wonho said, rubbing at his knee. “Not your fault.”


It kind of was your fault but it had been a nice thing to say so you let it slide. “It’s just I’m on my break and I saw you were still here and…”


“Oh,” Wonho exclaimed, cutting you off, “you’re right, we haven’t talked properly in forever. Sit down.”


Not needing to be told twice you pulled out the chair opposite and sat down. “We haven’t,” you agreed, he’d been so busy lately, taking his order to go more often than not, you hadn’t really had a chance to speak. You should probably ask him how he was, that would be the polite thing to do when you hadn’t spoken in so long. But you were still curious and you found yourself putting your manners to the side. You’d known Wonho long enough now to know he wouldn’t mind. “So… what are you doing?” You asked.


“Practicing.” He said, waving the papers he was holding at you.


Well that hadn’t been very specific. “Practicing what?” You prodded.


“My diction.” Wonho said. “We’re shooting something for our fans soon, which you can’t tell anyone about by the way because it’s a surprise…”


You nodded, feeling touched. You’d talked enough to be more than just acquaintances but you were by no means super close but he was trusting you with something that was supposed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter