Shoes (BTS J-Hope)

A Place for Fluff
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The room was still dark when you woke up and you yawned and attempted to stretch. Attempted being the operative word because as you came to further you realised you were lying on your front and there was a leg and an arm thrown over you meaning you were effectively pinned to the bed.

You weren’t particularly surprised, you’d both gone to bed late and the more tired Hoseok was the more likely it was you’d wake up to find him attached to you like some kind of limpet, he was very much a sleep cuddler. But while you weren’t particularly surprised you also weren’t particularly comfortable either. Hoseok was heavier than he looked and he didn’t have much padding, he’d been preparing for his group’s upcoming tour and as a result was currently all lean muscle. But he was warm at least and he smelled good so you figured you could endure being his teddy bear a little longer. And hey, it was Christmas, waking him up with a shove to the chest would be mean.

He looked younger when he was sleeping you decided as you made yourself more comfortable, baby-faced. And thinking the word baby automatically made you frown. Baby… today you’d be telling him about yours. You’d wanted to tell him as soon as you’d had the positive test result in front of you but you’d found yourself frozen with your phone in your hand, Hoseok’s number on the screen. As happy as he’d be he was at work you’d told yourself, he was busy, he might not be able to come to the phone. And even if he did come to the phone is that really how you wanted to tell him? It was a big deal, something you should tell him in person. And as you’d gone back to your phone menu you’d caught sight of the date. December the eleventh. You were two weeks away from Christmas. Wouldn’t it be kind of special, finding out you were going to be a father on Christmas day?

So you’d decided to wait. But the longer you’d waited the more you’d started to second-guess yourself. What if this wasn’t going to make him as happy as you thought it would? You’d talked about kids before you’d gotten married and you’d both agreed they were in your future. But neither of you had specified how far in the future. What if this was too soon? You were both young and he had his career to think about. He had a tour coming up after Christmas, BTS were releasing new material later in the year. He was busy now and would be busier soon. Maybe this wasn’t the right time for you to be having a baby. 

You sighed. Right time or not there wasn’t much you could do about it now. You just hoped he could muster up at least a small smile when you told him. If not, you would probably cry.

“That’s a serious face.”

You blinked, surprised. You’d been so wrapped up in your thoughts you hadn’t noticed your husband was awake. “I was just thinking,” you told him, a little embarrassed at being caught.

“About what?” Hoseok asked, voice hoarse from sleep. 

“Nothing bad.” You assured him, taking in the slight crease between his eyebrows. “I was just thinking that this is the first Christmas we’ll be spending together as husband and wife. That makes today sort of special, don’t you think?”

“Very special.” Hoseok agreed, a sleepy smile replacing the frown. You were lying so close together that it didn’t take much effort for him to lean forward and press a kiss to your forehead. With a smile of your own you returned the favour, bringing a hand up to cup his jaw and tilting your head so you could bring your lips up to meet his.

You could feel stubble growing in even if you couldn’t see it yet you realised as you ran your thumb across his cheek. You liked the contrast, the roughness under your hand compared the softness of his lips. You deepened the kiss. 

And then Hoseok was pulling away and you were the one frowning.

“It’s Christmas.” Hoseok informed you, voice full of excitement, his eyes lighting up. It was as though the thought had just occurred to him.

“It is.” You confirmed, frown fading. He was just too cute.

“What do you want to do first?” he asked, no longer half-asleep but wide awake. “Breakfast or presents?”

“Um…” it was a difficult decision to make. Breakfast first would mean you’d have to wait longer to tell him about the baby. On the plus side that would give you more time to prepare. On the downside, you probably wouldn’t be able to enjoy the food, you’d be so busy worrying about what his reaction was going to be. “Presents.” You decided at last. If you did presents first and he wasn’t as happy as you were hoping he was going to be then at least you’d have an excuse to escape to the kitchen.

“Okay.” Hoseok said. He was so excited by the thought of it being Christmas that he hadn’t noticed your hesitation, and with that he disentangled himself from both you and he blankets and scrambled out of bed, turning the light on as he went. 

You sat up, watching as he rummaged through his underwear drawer and brought out a small gift box. “Your gift is at the bottom of the wardrobe.” You told him. The floor was probably cold and Hoseok was out of bed already. There was no point freezing your own feet off if you didn’t have to.

Ever obedient Hoseok opened the wardrobe and picked up the gift bag sitting on top of your shoes, then he made his way back to the bed and hopped up to sit beside you, laying the both the box and the bag on the quilt between you. “You first.” He said. He had such an aura of nervous anticipation about him that you were surprised at wasn’t fidgeting or bouncing, he was just looking at you, waiting patiently for you to pick up the box. So you did.

It was white, held shut with a gold ribbon. You tugged on the end of the ribbon, watching it unravel and fall to the bedspread and lifted the lid of the box. “Oh…” you said as your eyes landed on what was inside. It was a silver locket on a thin silver chain. It was oval shaped, daisies engraved around the edge, your initials and Hoseok’s engraved in the middle. “…it’s so pretty.” You breathed, lifting it carefully from the box and holding it up to the light. 

“Open it.” Hoseok told you, actually bouncing this time, not just looking like he wanted to and with a grin you did as he asked, setting the locket in the palm of your hand and opening it up. 

As you saw the picture inside your grin widened. It was picture of the two of you on your wedding day. Not one taken by the photographer you’d hired but one taken by Taehyung, who’d brought his own camera along. It was one of your favourite photographs that had been taken that day, one of you laughing at something Hoseok had just murmured in your ear. When you’d seen it you’d made Taehyung send it to you and it was still set as your phone’s lockscreen. Not so you could see your own face whenever you picked it up but so you could see Hoseok’s. He looked so proud of himself at having made you laugh that it made you want to step into the picture and squish him. “I love it.” You told him and you clicked the locket closed again, holding it out to him. “Help me?” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter