Why? (Infinite Woohyun)

A Place for Fluff
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re an idiot.” You muttered, dropping your pen onto your notepad with a sigh. 

Woohyun, who was sitting at the desk across from you gave a noncommittal grunt in response and continued doodling on his own paper. He was supposed to be writing a sincere apology to your teacher for his behaviour but from what you could see he’d yet to write a single word. You hadn’t written anything down either but in your defence you didn’t see why you had to say sorry in the first place. Unlike Woohyun, you had nothing to apologise for. Okay you may have used a swear word or two in your teacher’s hearing but you hadn’t hit anyone. 

“I mean why?” you asked. Woohyun had always been a little unpredictable. He was the kind of kid that most teachers would label a ‘distraction’. He was brash and obnoxious and seemed to thrive on being the centre of attention. He and his group of friends were a terrible influence on each other, if Woohyun wasn’t egging one of them on to do something stupid they were encouraging him to do something ridiculous, not that he needed much convincing, he was pretty good at coming up with ridiculous things to do on his own. And they were just as bad out of school, they were those kids that loitered around the neighbourhood trying to look tough with varying levels of success. But hitting people… as much as Woohyun liked to play the bad boy he’d never struck you as a violent person. “Why would you hit him?” You just couldn’t understand it.

And it was Woohyun’s turn to drop his pen. “Are you serious?” he asked, turning to look at you.

“Yes.” You hissed, trying to keep your voice down so weren’t overheard. You weren’t the only two people in detention and other people were chatting amongst themselves as they worked but the teacher supervising seemed to have a real problem with Woohyun. She’d already asked to him to pipe down once and all he’d done was ask you for a pen. You weren’t sure why she disliked him so much, maybe it had something to do with how often he and his friends ended up in detention but whatever the reason he was in enough trouble already. So were you. The last thing you wanted was to make it worse. “I’m serious.” You said when you were sure she wasn’t looking your way. “I was dealing with it, you didn’t have to give him a black eye.”

Woohyun snorted. “Right… you were dealing with it.”

“I was!” you snapped, hackles rising. You could look after yourself, you didn’t appreciate him insinuating that you couldn’t.

“You told him to back off.” Woohyun reminded you. “And he didn’t listen.”

“I’m always t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter