Cute (BtoB Changsub)

A Place for Fluff
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You’d never officially worked with BtoB before but you had had bumped into them backstage at various music shows and they’d always come done their best to make you and all of your members feel welcome and put you at ease, they were nice people. And they’d guested on variety shows so often that it shouldn’t matter that you and your group members were new to it, if you started to struggle they would surely help you out. So really, when you thought about it, you had nothing to be nervous about.

Or at least the rest of your group had nothing to be nervous about.

None of them had implied that they liked a certain BtoB member on television this time last week, that had been you.

“If you could get to know one other idol better who would it be?” the interviewer had asked. It wasn’t an unexpected question, your latest single was about having a crush on someone you didn’t know and a variation of the same question had come up in every interview you’d had this comeback but it was the first time it had been directed you.

And like an amateur you’d said the first name that came into your head “BtoB’s Changsub.” You’d had a run in with him that morning, he’d been special MC on the show you were performing on and he’d come up to you and your members after your rehearsal to tell you how much he liked your new single. It been such a lovely thing to say and he hadn’t had to do it. You’d been a fan of BtoB since before your debut and Changsub had always been your favourite so his simple act of kindness had left you feeling giddy for the rest of the day. It was no wonder really that his name had been the first one to spring to mind.

The girl interviewing you had raised an eyebrow. “Oh really,” she’d said, surprised by your answer, “and why is that?”

As you looked back at your group members you noticed mild horror in your leader’s eyes and it was then that you’d realised you’d made a mistake. That had been one of those questions you were meant to skirt around or deflect, it wasn’t one you were supposed to answer honestly. “Um… well… he’s always been very kind to us?” You’d ventured, hoping that would salvage the situation. That couldn’t be taken the wrong way, could it? It’s not like you had a crush on everyone who’d ever been kind to you. “And um… he has an amazing voice.” The interviewer was looking at you like she was expecting you to say more and you weren’t someone who coped well with pressure. “And he’s really cool… and funny… and stuff... so yeah.”

It wasn’t the most coherent or concise answer you could have given. In fact you were pretty sure you’d sounded like an idiot. But being ‘the weird one’ was kind of your thing, hopefully that’s what people would put the stuttering down to, you being weird.

Only they hadn’t. Your answer to that one question had somehow become a thing. Articles with headlines like ‘Y/N Gets Flustered Talking about BtoB’s Changsub’ had sprung up on the internet. A video of you watching BtoB perform at an awards show, wide-eyed and open-mouthed was being shared all over social media. Fans had even come up with a couple name for you, you knew this because your sister had taken great delight in telling you so, there was nothing she loved more than seeing you embarrassed.

But that was the internet you told yourself. The internet wasn’t real life. Changsub probably didn’t know anything about it. There was no reason for you to worry.  

W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter