006

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]People of memory[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Present

Mingyu left his place a bit earlier that day. He didn’t know why but he couldn’t sleep well last night and he decided to get ready early. Eunwoo who dropped by for his breakfast like usual also shocked when she saw Mingyu was already at the door to go out. Mingyu just brought the bread from Eunwoo with him, decided to eat on the way.

As he got some time to spare for his usual bus – he didn’t want to get on the early bus as it will be so jam-packed, Mingyu stopped by a cafe to get coffee. When he was waiting for his turn, someone tapped his shoulder from behind. Mingyu turned and blinked. “Eh, Jeonghan ssi.”

“Morning, Mingyu. You’re early.”

“Ah, yeah. I can’t sleep yesterday so I’m early.” Jeonghan nodded. “Are you regular here?”

“Not really, but I will come here if I need coffee for a tired day. I stay up late last night for a proposal.” Mingyu formed an O before it’s his turn to order. Mingyu kindly asked Jeonghan to order with him and then they waited together. Jeonghan was asking about Mingyu’s experience at new place, they talked as they waited. After getting their drinks, both of them stepped out and walked together to the bus stop.

“Oh, you’re in Team A.” Mingyu looked at Jeonghan.

“You know them?” Jeonghan smiled.

“I’m a friend with Jihyeong, he’s my classmate back in college.” Mingyu blinked.

“Your classmate? You’re same age as him.” Jeonghan nodded. “Omo... I thought you’re just one year older than me...” Jeonghan laughed.

“It’s okay. Hey, you can call me hyung by the way.” Jeonghan smiled. Mingyu nodded.

“Okay... hyung.” Mingyu said. They carried on the conversation when Mingyu asked about Jeonghan’s workplace. Few moments later, their bus arrived and both of them rode it while still engaging in the conversation.

Wonwoo arrived at the company with a driver that had worked with them for some time already. The driver will drive Wonwoo around when Junhui was unable to do so. As Junhui needed to leave first this morning, the driver drove Wonwoo today. The driver dropped Wonwoo at the entrance like usual and one of the assistants, Yuna already waited for him. All the assistants slash secretaries that worked for the executives were well-trained and chosen under very strict interviews and requirements. And all of them received the order from Junhui that their top priority was Wonwoo’s safety. If Junhui can’t be around Wonwoo, then they should never leave Wonwoo to be alone. Yuna was the leader of the assistant’s team who worked directly for Wonwoo and Junhui.

“Morning, Mr Jeon.”

“Junhui is still in the meeting?” Yuna nodded. “Is there any work for me today?”

“Mr Wen will be attending meetings the whole day. There are some files need his attention and you will be reviewing it, sir.” Wonwoo nodded to Yuna’s explanation. He was about to walk to the building when he spotted Mingyu at the bus stop, talking to someone. Wonwoo turned abruptly and startled Yuna who was escorted him. Wonwoo didn’t like to have people lined up to greet him (like how usually movie portrayed) so he only allowed Yuna or one person to wait for him, even though he didn’t want anyone but Junhui never allow that in his absence.

“Yuna, can you help me?” Wonwoo said as he turned his back to Mingyu. Yuna quickly nodded. “Do you know the new worker, Mingyu in the sales department?” Yuna nodded again. “Let stood here until he got into the building.” Yuna looked over and saw Mingyu was standing there.

“But sir, he’s still there talking to someone.” Yuna said. Wonwoo frowned.

“Really? Maybe I should get inside first.” Yuna was clueless to this situation. The whole team wasn’t notified by Junhui anything about Mingyu because Junhui thought it won’t be necessary. Wonwoo glanced back to look at Mingyu. He saw Mingyu was still talking happily with a guy at the bust stop. He felt a dull ache in his heart. Yuna looked at Wonwoo.

“Sir?”

“Yuna, by chance... do you know the guy with him?” Yuna tried to look carefully.

“He’s familiar, sir, but I can’t remember. Do you want me to check on it?”

“Yes, please. And... keep this to yourself.” Yuna nodded. Wonwoo made a move into the building as Mingyu was still there. Yuna walked behind Wonwoo. The guards and few staffs that noticed Wonwoo quickly gave a bow and polite smile. Wonwoo just curtly smiled back and took the elevator with Yuna. They went up to the executives’ office level, the highest level of the building.

Mingyu said goodbyes to Jeonghan as he noticed it was about time to go. Jeonghan waved his hand and they separated. Mingyu met Mr Hwang who was just come out from a car. “Morning, boss.”

“Morning, Mingyu.” Mr Hwang smiled. Mingyu bowed a bit when he spotted someone stood beside Mr Hwang. “Oh, why you’re coming out? You will be late.” Mr Hwang said to the guy beside him in Chinese. The guy didn’t really listen as he looked at Mingyu. Mingyu smiled crookedly, Jihyeong’s words ran through his mind. Damn scary.

“You’re a new staff?” The guy asked in English and Mingyu nodded. Lucky Mingyu was good in English.

“I’m Kim Mingyu, the new member of Team A.” Mr Hwang hummed after Mingyu’s answer.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you, baobei.” Mr Hwang switched to Korean later. “We got new people and he’s a very good one.” Mr Hwang praised Mingyu. Mingyu just smiled awkwardly when he caught the stare from Mr Hwang’s fiancée was even sharper. Mingyu bowed again.

“Thank you.” Mingyu said and excused himself politely as he fled the scene. He couldn’t stand the glare.

Mr Hwang who just sensed the situation nudged his man. “Tch, Zhouzhou. Don’t scare my worker like that.” Mr Hwang said in Chinese. The guy turned to him.

“I need to make myself known beside you.” Mr Hwang chuckled.

“Xu Weizhou, this is South Korea. There weren’t much people that are open like us or even same like us. And some people still didn’t accept this kind of relationship even we’re living in such modern era. And why you’re so insecure when all I see is you?”

“Huang Jingyu, you need to know you’re a magnet. Any people, regardless male or female could just fell for you.” Mr Hwang grinned.

“Oh, I’m a charmer then?” Mr Hwang winced when he got pinch very hard on his arm. “Zhouzhou, that hurts.”

“Serve your right.” Mr Hwang pouted. They stared at each other for a while.

“You need to go now.” The other male sighed. Mr Hwang smiled and kissed the cheek. “I will call you when I’m going home. Gonna miss you.” Mr Hwang said and left slowly as he watched his man got into the car and left.

“Morning.” Everybody in Team A greeted Mr Hwang when he got into the office. Mr Hwang smiled and sat down at his place. He looked over Mingyu.

“Kim Mingyu.” Mingyu startled.

“Yes?” He stood facing Mr Hwang.

“Slightly sorry about Hwijoo, the guy earlier.” Mr Hwang said. Mingyu nodded. “I guess from your attitude, you already know who he is, hum?” Mingyu nodded again. “Let me guess, Jihyeong told you.” Jihyeong looked up from his work. He smiled to the boss.

“Well, I have to explain when Mr Seo was about to kill him few days ago.” Mr Hwang blinked.

“Now I remember... he picked me up that night?”

“Of course, boss. We all already know who to get whenever you’re like that. We don’t have a choice or we might lose our head.” Donghyun joked. Mr Hwang raised his brow.

“Donghyun.”

“Kidding, kidding.” Mr Hwang turned to Mingyu.

“Anyway. Don’t worry about Hwijoo.” Mingyu nodded again. He spotted Mr Hwang was lightly blushed after Donghyun’s teasing. He thought his boss would be mad but the blush was something else. He decided to stay silent and ask the rest later after Mr Hwang told him to continue his work. New day started for Mingyu.

On the other side of the building, Yuna knocked the door and Wonwoo called her in. He decided to work at his office that day as Junhui won’t be coming into the office at all. His lunch was already packed by Junhui beforehand. “Sir, I have the file about the guy you asked earlier.” Wonwoo nodded and took the file, setting aside the document in front of him. Yuna excused herself when Wonwoo dismissed her. Wonwoo looked at the paper. He furrowed his brow as the face caught his attention first. He read the name and gasped.

“Oh no...” Wonwoo read further down and realized the guy worked for his rival company. He read the name few times, can’t believe his eyes. “What the hell... I don’t know he- wait. Maybe it’s not him. He isn’t supposed to come back.” Wonwoo bit his lips. “Yoon Jeonghan, that Yoon Jeonghan won’t be reincarnated.”

The room turned white suddenly and Wonwoo looked around, not much surprised. Two white butterflies stopped on the table. “You promise me that guy won’t ever be alive again.”

“You, mortals always question me.”

“Because it’s what you promise me.” Wonwoo scoffed as he said to the deity wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter