005

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Fitting inside[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Present

Junhui looked at Wonwoo for any reaction. They’re sitting down after a supper and Junhui decided to tell him about Mingyu seeing him. “Are you okay?”

Wonwoo looked at him. “Do you think he will ask about me the next time you see him?” Junhui looked at Wonwoo for a while.

“I feel that will be one of the first questions he would ask.” Junhui exhaled. “Are you intended to hide? I- I think it will be safe if he saw you in the office because we are sure he didn’t possess Seven Heaven in the building. But I’m afraid of your safety.”

“I still need to meet him, don’t you think? My life- the kiss.” Junhui took a breath.

“But I don’t want you to get in danger.” Junhui said regretfully. He didn’t know what he should do. At times like this, he hated the deity for putting Wonwoo’s fate like this.

“I will be careful, only in the building I will allow him catch the sight of me and outside the building you can be with me 24/7, I won’t say anything.” Wonwoo said. “But can it be for later? I won’t show myself to Mingyu yet.” Junhui looked at Wonwoo. “Give me two weeks. I have something to do.”

“Without telling me what is it?” Wonwoo smiled and pulled Junhui for a hug. Junhui startled.

“Just this one time, I don’t want to rely on you. You have been helping me a lot. I feel bad.”

“Wonwoo, I have this life because-”

“I know. But as I said, I want you to do things for yourself too.” Junhui exhaled and patted Wonwoo’s back. “Give me some time to go alone, okay? I promise you if you found me in danger, you can just do whatever you wanted I will listen to everything. I will let you decide if I got myself in danger this time.” Junhui sighed as Wonwoo said his promise.

“Fine. That’s the deal. But be careful no matter what.” Wonwoo nodded. The two released the hug. Wonwoo smiled gratefully while Junhui smiled back, letting the other knew he understood.

 

 

Mingyu went to the work the second day same just like yesterday and he again met Jeonghan on the bus. They talked about random stuffs and works. Jeonghan shared the history of the rivalry between the two companies. The two parted ways when they got down the bus. Mingyu stepped inside the building and scanned his card. On the way to the elevator, he greeted by Jini. The two walked into the elevator together with the other staffs. Mingyu politely asked about Jini’s wellbeing and Jini was a cheerful type, they talked about many things. Mingyu could even know a little about Jini’s family background.

The two walked into their department, greeting few staffs that just came in. When the two approached their team, Jihyeong already arrived and greeted them. “Morning you two.”

“Morning. It’s rare having you come early than me.” Jihyeong chuckled to Jini’s words. Mingyu just chose to listen.

“My son stayed with my mom today, school holiday started and I sent him there.” Jini formed an O.

“No wonder. Oh, Mingyu. Jihyeong is a single father, so he will be a bit late than the rest as he needed to take care of his son first.” Jini easily explained to Mingyu. Mingyu blinked and nodded. Jihyeong gave a smile to Mingyu.

“Morning.” Junseok and Donghyun arrived. The three greeted back. Jini led the conversation teasing Jihyeong’s earliness and talked about her nephew before the conversation turned to Mingyu where Junseok asked him.

“Oh yeah, Mingyu. We didn’t get to know you more. So, do you have girlfriend?” Junseok grinned. Mingyu blinked and looked around when they’re waiting for his answer.

“Ah... no, single at the moment.”

“So you have dated?” Jihyeong asked this time. Mingyu nodded.

“During college... once.” Mingyu said with a sheepish smile, he was shy. Jini hummed.

“Once? Oh, oh. You’re so handsome, I can’t believe that. You could be a playboy.” Jini said. Donghyun gave her a look.

“I bet you like him too, Jini yah.” Jini startled before she laughed.

“If I don’t have fiancée, I would try my luck.” Jini said, making everybody laughed while Mingyu just smiled awkwardly. “Oh well, tell us. You date only once?”

Mingyu nodded lightly. “I don’t know... but it seems like I can’t find the right one? To be honest, many girls confess but I’m not the type to accept unless I do like her too. So... yeah.” The males nodded.

“Good thinking, even though I envy you. Like, hey girls are willing to give you herself. Who don’t want that?” Jini glared at Junseok.

“Hello, respect a lady here.” Junseok grinned.

“Anyway, where are you staying? I guess it will be good if we go for a dinner today, celebrating you into this team. Tomorrow is weekend. I think Mr Hwang would agree as he had been talking about welcoming party is a boost for teamwork.” Jihyeong said. Mingyu looked at them.

“Five bus stops from here. I don’t have my own transport... but I guess taxi can be done once in a while.” Mingyu said. Jihyeong nodded.

“Cool, once Mr Hwang came in, I will talk to him.”

“We can continue interrogate you at the dinner.” Junseok added and Mingyu just rubbed his nape with a smile. They went to their own desk, to start their day.

 

 

Wonwoo called out Mr Yu to know about Mingyu’s whereabouts, asking the man to report him when Mingyu left the office. He watched on Mingyu from far when he was told by Mr Yu that the team was out for a dinner today, as a welcoming party for Mingyu. Wonwoo followed them secretly; careful about his scent or anything that could make himself exposed to Mingyu. Perhaps Mingyu was occupied by his co-workers, he seemed like didn’t sense Wonwoo at all. Wonwoo was glad for that.

He lurked around when the team went to a small barbeque restaurant. Wonwoo opted not to enter the place as it was small and packed, he was afraid that Mingyu or maybe the other workers noticed him. Wonwoo was their chairman; of course the workers would make a fuss if they saw him.

Mingyu was having his fun with the workers. Mr Hwang asked few stuff to him and he answered, it was at the beginning. The leader stayed silent after that and let his subordinates enjoyed their time. Junseok and Jini asked many things to Mingyu and Mingyu wisely answered everything. Surely, the dinner brought them a little bit closer and Mingyu was comfortable and grateful that everyone accepted him into the team.

“I think it’s your luck that you came into this team. I can’t imagine how you would survive in Team S with you so kind like this.” Donghyun suddenly said. Jihyeong turned to Donghyun.

“Donghyun.” Donghyun just smiled lightly and turned to Mr Hwang, giving an apologizing look. Mingyu was curious but he felt like it wasn’t polite to ask. Noticing Mingyu’s expression, Mr Hwang looked at them all.

“It’s okay to tell him. I won’t say anything.” Mr Hwang said with a light smile. Jihyeong looked at their leader before turning to Donghyun. Donghyun cleared his throat.

“Team S was the first elite team in the sales department, they got so many achievements. No one could beat them. Their leader was the best and the team members are all experienced and experts. Two of them were the top in the department while the others are brought by their team leader to strengthen their team. So for the long run, they’re the best team in making profit.” Donghyun said. Junseok continued from where he stopped.

“But they’re all competitive with each other. So in another word, they have no team work because they think individually. Even their team leader also had the greed to be the best in the team.” Junseok sighed. “So the team was full of tension. They didn’t stay back in case anyone would see their work; they rather finish their ‘grand’ task at their home.” Mingyu blinked, started to relate of why he didn’t see anyone from the said team talking, socializing and even they go home early where he had perception that best teams always went home late.

“That’s what I mean from my word earlier.” Donghyun finished. Mingyu nodded.

“I think you left out something else.” Mr Hwang suddenly said. “Enough talking about another team. How about our team?” Mr Hwang said. They looked at Mr Hwang. “What? We should be proud.”

The others chuckled. “I can’t believe you, boss.” Jini said.

“Well, now you know that Team S was the best team. But that was before, now Team A also became the best team.” Mr Hwang said. “This team previously was an abandoned team. They dealt with the products that almost non-existed in the market, the obsolete products.” Mr Hwang smiled. “I came to this company and sent to lead the team, specifically it was the order from Mr Yu. Each of them had potential to be a great worker but they’re unmotivated as their effort was overshadowed by Team S.”

“Boss was scary at first. You couldn’t imagine what happen to us before.” Junseok said. Mr Hwang laughed.

“I’m still here, Junseok.” Junseok grinned. “Well, being lenient won’t shape you guys to the best. Did you forget my motto?”

“Of course we remember. ‘I will be hard for those who are soft and I will be soft to those who are hard and strong’.” Jihyeong added. Mr Hwang nodded.

“He meant that. For the first few months, he was so hard with us. Doing things and get scolded a lot, and there’s one time we even worked on weekends. And also a time we didn’t go home for two days just brainstorming for ideas.” Jini looked at Jihyeong. “But lucky Jihyeong who could avoid those because of his son.”

“But I didn’t get it easy too. Boss gives me tons of workload that I didn’t sleep when I’m home.”

“Well, a team should work as a team. Suffer and smile together.” Mr Hwang added. “With that, now you’re the elite team.” They smiled.

“Yeah, we’re thankful to that. You’re like the angel sent to our team. I couldn’t think if you didn’t come, we might already get laid off.” Donghyun said. Mr Hwang nodded.

“The fault in Team S was their team work. If they worked as a team, they could rise even higher. That’s why Mr Yu wanted to find another team that could surpass the faulty in that team. He regretted a little as he pampered that team too much and he couldn’t control them anymore. Mr Yu said he wanted to separate them but he found it will cost more damage as many of big amount contracts handled by them. So Mr Yu had to keep that team like that.” Mr Hwang said. “Anyway, I welcome you to the team but don’t expect me to be kind leader to you until I see you can stand on your own.” Mingyu quickly took his glass when Mr Hwang wanted a toast.

“Yes, sir.” The other smiled and they continued the dinner with other topics.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter