016

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Inside of your heart[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Present

Jeonghan paused for a while after he saw the person inside the elevator. He gave a bow before stepping inside. The elevator closed its door. “You didn’t come home at all this weekend. Where were you, Hannie?” Jeonghan put down his guards and slightly faced the lady.

“I have matters to do, mom.” Jiyoon stared at her son.

“Are you okay?” Jeonghan gave a smile.

“Of course I am. Don’t worry about me at all.” Jiyoon nodded.

“Fine, I trust my son.” They shared a smile. Her secretary gave a signal that they’re closing to the level they’re headed. Jiyoon reached to pat her son’s back. “It’s okay if you want to take longer time before you come in as the CEO.”

Jeonghan smiled. “Don’t worry mom. I will not disappoint you. While I prove myself to the directors through the annual innovation competition, I will make sure that my current plan also worked.” Jiyoon hummed.

“Don’t pressure yourself, okay?” Jeonghan nodded. The elevator door opened and Jeonghan gave a bow to her as the CEO and her secretary walked out from the elevator. Jeonghan watched her leaving.

‘I have found Jeon Wonwoo’s weakness somehow.’ Jeonghan smirked as he thought.

 

 

“Yo, guess what?” Donghyun gave a grin after he said that while glancing at Mingyu who just arrived. Jini and him were standing near Junseok’s desk, talking earlier on.

“Don’t delay. You give suspense.” Jini grumbled as she hit his arm. Donghyun just chuckled as he walked to Mingyu and hugged Mingyu by shoulder. Mingyu startled. Jini and Junseok frowned. Donghyun beamed.

“Guess who is on date last weekend.” Donghyun said in sing-song tone. Mingyu frowned as he looked at Donghyun. Donghyun just gave him an eating grin while Jini and Junseok looked at each other.

“What you’re trying to say, Donghyun?” Junseok asked.

“I saw Mingyu at the park, on date.” Mingyu flustered.

“Date? What, no! No date.” Mingyu stuttered. Jini raised her brow while Donghyun guffawed.

“Don’t deny. I even have a picture.” Donghyun pulled out his phone from his pocket.

“Let me see!” Jini said quickly and reached for Donghyun’s phone. Mingyu widened his eyes, tried to snatch it but Jini was faster. Donghyun even helped by holding Mingyu down on his seat. Junseok leaned closer to Jini to see the picture. Jini was opening the gallery as instructed by Donghyun.

“Wow.” Junseok had an amaze face. Jini squealed, only to be shushed by the people from Team S. They minded their voice and apologized silently before the attention was back at Mingyu. Mingyu struggled to be released and tried to snatch the phone. Donghyun told Jini to show it to Mingyu.

Mingyu widened his eyes. The picture was him and Wonwoo from side, on the bench. Mingyu remembered that time Eunwoo went to the restroom leaving them together. “What the hell? No, my best friend also came with us. She went to the toilet that time, we went as trio.” Mingyu explained. Jini gave her smirk while Junseok looked at Donghyun, exchanging look.

“Aw, don’t give lame excuse.”

“It’s not excuse but truth.” Mingyu said quickly. But the three didn’t mind it at all.

Jini leaned closer to Mingyu with a playful grin. “So tell me how was a date with Mr We-should-not-name-him like?” Jini said, didn’t want people to know the person in discussion. Mingyu tried to control his embarrassment. Junseok just chuckled to the torture he saw while Donghyun just laughed.

“What are you doing to the poor guy?” They turned and saw Mr Hwang came into the office, walking to his seat. Jini skipped away to him with Donghyun’s phone. Mingyu widened his eyes and tried to show his protest but he was shut by Donghyun, telling him not to speak too loud. Junseok chuckled in amusement.

Mr Hwang saw the picture and raised his brow. He looked at Mingyu. Mingyu couldn’t help but felt embarrassed. His cheeks heated up a bit. Mr Hwang chuckled to see the expression. Jini grinned. “Aww, boss also likes the juicy gossip.” Mr Hwang looked at Jini.

“I don’t but it’s funny to see Mingyu like that.” The rest giggled. Mr Hwang cleared his throat. “Okay, that’s it. Poor him, you all teamed up on him.”

“Aww, but boss he denied it. We need to hear the full story.” Donghyun said. Mingyu gave a look at the male. Mr Hwang gave a meaningful smile.

“Working hour is on, no more gossip.” They exhaled and started to dismiss. Mr Hwang coughed a little. “And I didn’t mind if you continue the investigation over the lunch. Invite me.” They looked at each other and grinned. Mingyu frowned.

“Boss!” Mr Hwang shrugged. The rest chuckled while Mingyu bit his inner cheeks. He was cursing inside but didn’t know who he should curse.

 

 

Wonwoo smiled as he watched Soonyoung and Junhui in front of him. It may not be obvious, but the subtle cares and looks shared between the two didn’t slip from his eyes. Junhui noticed Wonwoo was staring at them and quickly cleared his throat. “What are you staring? Eat.” Junhui said with faint blush decorated his cheeks. Soonyoung turned to Wonwoo with a look. Wonwoo just chuckled.

“Well, I’m just happy to see whatever I saw just now.” Junhui rolled his eyes while Soonyoung just chuckled bashfully. They continued to eat their lunch. It was silence, a comfortable one before Soonyoung broke it.

“Wonwoo.” Wonwoo looked at Soonyoung. Soonyoung was contemplating to ask. Junhui looked at him.

“Soonyoung?” Soonyoung just smiled to Junhui.

“It’s nothing much…” Soonyoung exhaled. “It’s just I have questions that kept lingering in my head.” Wonwoo looked at the CMO.

“Spit it out, Soonyoung.” Soonyoung looked at him for a while before nodded.

“It didn’t mean anything other than my worry. It’s about MoZ.” Both Wonwoo and Junhui looked at Soonyoung. Soonyoung glanced at them simultaneously before continuing his words. “After… um, well, after you guys went back to afterlife… what will happen with MoZ? And all the assets that Wonwoo possessed?”

Junhui turned to Wonwoo. To be honest, they didn’t discuss about it thoroughly yet. Previously, Junhui had ideas that Wonwoo probably will distribute the assets he had among the Choi’s family. But that’s long ago, Junhui didn’t know if Wonwoo changed his mind. The only person who probably knew about this was Jaehyeon.

Wonwoo smiled as he put down his spoon. He looked at Soonyoung. “I actually waited for you to voice out that question.” Soonyoung rubbed his nape.

“I hope you don’t get me wrong as I ask.” Wonwoo shook his head.

“I don’t.” Wonwoo turned to Junhui. “And Jun was probably curious about it as well.” Soonyoung turned to Junhui. Junhui nodded.

“I don’t know what Wonwoo wished for the wealth he had.”

Wonwoo hummed. “For now, I have decided 80% of my savings will be distributed to the Choi’s. Jaehyeon will be given a building for him to start his own life.” Wonwoo said. “About the rest of the wealth, including MoZ, I have not decided on it.”

Soonyoung looked at Wonwoo. “I hope anything you decide for MoZ will be the best for everyone, moreover the workers in this building.” Soonyoung said. Wonwoo smiled.

“Don’t worry. I will not overlook that.” Soonyoung nodded.

Junhui looked at Wonwoo. “Will… you leave something for Kim Mingyu?” Junhui asked out of curiosity. Wonwoo exhaled.

“I don’t know. Maybe… or perhaps it’s not good if I leave something. I don’t know what will happen to him, if he happens to love me and was left by someone he loves.”

The topic was left untouched as the mood turned a bit sour to the fact. Soonyoung reached to hold Junhui’s hand under the table, feeling emotional to the fact he will lose Junhui too. He, for sure, could relate to Mingyu when it happened.

On the other side of places, Team A was having a lunch together nearby the company. What made it special today; their boss also came with them. “Come on, tell us the truth. You’re on date with Mr We-should-not-mention-his-name, right?” Donghyun again asked Mingyu. Mingyu shook his head.

“No. I’m not on date. My friend comes with me. It’s not a date. Why would I go a date with him?” Mingyu said for nth times. Jini shook her head.

“I can’t believe your words.” Mingyu rolled his eyes to Jini’s words.

“Whatever.” Mingyu grumbled and ate his food in annoyance. Jihyeong looked at them.

“You guys really want him to spill, oh?” Jihyeong asked.

“Of course, it’s the biggest scandal right now.” Junseok said. “How did Mingyu often come with him every morning if it’s not in a relationship?”

Mingyu groaned. “We’re not dating. And yet, I don’t have a choice as he practically made me miss my bus every morning.” Mingyu whined. “And that picture, it’s not a date. It happened that my friend became close to him after he helped me to the hospital last time-” Mingyu’s words cut off by Junseok.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter