015

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]With you[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Present

“Jaehyeon?” Junhui saw the guy was still standing in front of the house. “Why are you here? I thought you already…”

“Erk, Mr Jeon drove by himself again.” Jaehyeon said with a crooked smile. Junhui sighed.

“That guy.” Junhui shook his head. “Never mind, you can drive me to the company then.” Jaehyeon nodded. Junhui gave his keys to Jaehyeon and the two walked towards Junhui’s car. Usually, Jaehyeon would act as Wonwoo’s driver more because Junhui prefer to drive on his own. Just lately, Wonwoo would go out early and took his car. Junhui already figured where that fox went to and he opted not to stop Wonwoo this time.

“Jaehyeon.” The guy startled when his name was called suddenly. Junhui chuckled while Jaehyeon blushed to it. “I think from now on, you should just drive for me. It’s hard for you to always get up early for him. Too early to be honest.” Junhui said. Jaehyeon glanced over the mirror.

“Is it okay? I’m-”

“Don’t worry. Wonwoo is fine. You know right that even though you’re serving us like how your ancestors had been doing, you still have your own life. Don’t worry, okay?” Jaehyeon nodded. “Have you visited your mother this month?” Junhui asked after a moment of silence. Jaehyeon nodded again.

“I did. But yeah, she couldn’t remember me like usual.” Junhui nodded. Jaehyeon’s mother had Alzheimer and had been hospitalized since three years ago, for her own good. Jaehyeon was the only child in his family. Of course, there were other extended family members but as Wonwoo didn’t want to burden anyone, the Choi family was scattered since two generations ago and the one that carried on Hansol’s will was Jaehyeon’s father. Some of the families kept their contacts with Wonwoo and Junhui, some didn’t. The closest one they had was Jaehyeon’s uncle, the father’s younger brother, Seungcheol.

“It has been a while since last I see her. I should go later.” Jaehyeon nodded. “Did you keep in touch with your uncle?”

“Yes, I did. Last week, I remember he told me he’s in Taiwan for business.” Junhui hummed.

“I bet he’s killing two birds with one stone.” Jaehyeon chuckled.

“Can’t deny.”

“When will he ever stop and get rid of his player side?” Jaehyeon shrugged. They soon arrived at the company while talking about the uncle.

 

 

“Hey.” Mingyu frowned and palmed his face. He walked quickly towards the person who called him.

“Why you’re here again, Wonwoo ssi?” Mingyu groaned and glared at the guy.

“Pick you up?” Wonwoo smiled innocently.

“Is that even an answer?” Mingyu said rolling his eyes. Wonwoo nodded. Mingyu scoffed. “Really, why you’re doing this?” Wonwoo just smiled.

“I just feel like to do so. Plus, you got free ride.” Wonwoo grinned. Mingyu huffed.

“I can’t believe you.” Wonwoo opened the car door and signaled Mingyu to get inside. Mingyu shook his head. “No.”

“Aw, come on.”

“No.” Mingyu stepped back. Wonwoo stepped forward.

“I want to drive you, come on.”

“No, thanks.” Mingyu just smiled and tried to walk away but Wonwoo was faster to catch him, trapping him next to the door. Mingyu startled. Their body was really super close. Mingyu felt his heart jumping. Wonwoo stared at him.

“Why you can’t accept my kind gesture for you?”

Mingyu looked away when he felt his cheeks got hotter because of the stare. “It’s weird. People are talking.” Mingyu said slowly.

“Weird? I found nothing weird. You’re my friend. Well, I can’t shut people’s mouth.” Mingyu turned.

“Friend, yeah I know that. But this…” Mingyu paused because he felt weird to say his next word. Wonwoo was waiting. Mingyu cleared his throat. “This is inappropriate. I don’t want people to say I have my position now because of your favor.” Mingyu smiled awkwardly. Wonwoo stared at Mingyu before humming.

“You can throw those rumors into a pit hole by proving your quality in your job. So what’s the problem?” Mingyu groaned to Wonwoo’s answer. He looked at his watch.

“Uh, because of you I miss my bus already. Again.” Mingyu stretched his last word. He pushed Wonwoo a bit and got inside the car. Wonwoo smiled as he watched Mingyu inside. He closed the door for Mingyu before walking to the driver’s seat, smiling. The drive was silence but Wonwoo just couldn’t keep his smile away. He figured that Mingyu wanted to say something more than that and Wonwoo felt it’s cute that Mingyu refused to say it. It’s not that he didn’t hear the rumor around the company, since he started to fetch Mingyu every morning to the company few days ago. If he’s lucky, he could even drop off Mingyu after work.

People were gossiping that they’re in relationship, not just friends or senior-junior as he stated before. And Wonwoo didn’t really mind, because he likes it. How he wanted that to be a truth not rumor.

Mingyu got out from the car when Wonwoo stopped at the front. He didn’t say a thing and left as he didn’t want to be seen longer with Wonwoo. Inward he was cursing the boss for always dropping him at the front. It’s not that Mingyu didn’t protest about it, but that fox just won’t listen. Even though he was grumbling about it, there’s a part of him warmed to each stuff Wonwoo did for him but Mingyu kept that to himself. Wonwoo watched Mingyu got into the building and he smiled. His eyes moved forward and just to see a guy stood at the bus stop looking at the direction he was looking earlier.

As if there’s a force, the guy turned to his car. Perhaps it’s a bit stretchy but Wonwoo felt their eyes met even though his car was quite tinted. And he took a deep breath after the guy looked away and left.

‘I won’t let you come in between us again, Yoon.’

 

 

“I see you often, Wonwoo ssi.” Wonwoo looked up after a sip of his coffee. He smiled to see Eunwoo.

“Hi, Eunwoo.” Eunwoo smiled. “Well, I like the café and the coffee.” Wonwoo raised his cup with a smile. Eunwoo looked at him before smiling meaningfully.

“Or you’re coming to see your guy there?” Wonwoo chuckled when Eunwoo pointed to Mingyu who took care of the counter today.

Wonwoo looked at Eunwoo as he leaned closer. “It’s a plus.” Wonwoo playfully whispered. Eunwoo laughed.

“You lovesick guy.” Wonwoo just smiled. Eunwoo hummed. “Did he already know you like him?” Eunwoo asked straightforwardly. Mingyu had revealed to him about whom Wonwoo actually is and she honestly thought her friend’s fate in love was something amusing. From family enemy to love interest, Eunwoo saw that as a cute destiny.

Wonwoo shook his head. “I didn’t tell him directly, yet.” Eunwoo nodded. “Um… Eunwoo.”

“Yes?” Eunwoo looked at Wonwoo.

“You don’t mind about me… liking Mingyu?” Wonwoo asked. Eunwoo raised her brow.

“Why would I? I’m happy as long as he is. I don’t mind if he… got a boyfriend.” Eunwoo smiled.

“Uh, well. I don’t know… perhaps, what if you like him?” Wonwoo asked. He didn’t know why he brought up that topic but he felt restless when there’s possibility of the past reoccurring. Eunwoo frowned after the question before chuckling. Wonwoo frowned this time. “Eunwoo?”

“Mr Jeon, don’t worry. You have my word that I’m only a distant family to him, best friend and also a sister. I don’t like him more than a sister. Trust me. He also feels the same towards me. We’re impossible to happen.” Eunwoo said seriously as she looked at Wonwoo. Wonwoo stared at her before nodding slowly. “Good, you have my green light to hit on him. You can ask any help from me too if you need it anytime.” Wonwoo thanked her. “But remember, if you ever hurt him, I have the talent to hurt you ten times more.”

“I won’t hurt him, I will try my best for that.” Wonwoo said with a smile. Eunwoo nodded and extended her hand out. Wonwoo looked at the hand then Eunwoo. Eunwoo smiled.

“Deal?” Wonwoo smiled and accepted the hand. They shook hand with a smile. Eunwoo walked away to clean another table. Wonwoo just watched her before his eyes fell on Mingyu. Mingyu who was looking that way slightly flustered when their eyes met. The male quickly looked away. Wonwoo just smiled to that.

 

 

“It’s hard to see you around now.” Mingyu startled when someone talked to him. He turned and noticed Jeonghan stood beside him.

“Hyung.”

“Hey.” Mingyu smiled slightly. “It has been so long since last I talk to you.” Mingyu felt awkward suddenly. Jeonghan just looked normal.

“Uh, yeah. I didn’t board the same bus…” Mingyu didn’t know what to say. Jeonghan hummed.

“I see you came with Wonwoo ssi last time.” Mingyu gulped.

“Uh…”

Jeonghan chuckled. “Why you’re so speechless?”

Mingyu rubbed his nape. “It’s not like I want to come with him. He’s just… paying me over something, yeah. So he drove me these days…” Mingyu said with a crooked smile. He didn’t know why he felt lying to Jeonghan about Wonwoo. Jeonghan nodded.

“Oh, I wonder what you did for him.” Jeonghan said with a chuckle. “Anyway, today you’re going home with bus?” Mingyu nodded. He left the work quite early today and Wonwoo was in the meeting so he decided to go home by bus. He didn’t expect to see Jeonghan today as they rarely met after work. Jeonghan brought in some random topic. They’re talking while waiting for the bus. Mingyu tried as much as possible not to show his discomfort. He didn’t know why he felt like that towards Jeonghan now, after Wonwoo’s warning. He didn’t see anything bad on Jeonghan up until today but his instinct told him to be careful with this guy. Maybe he felt awkward after a long time talking to Jeonghan, the last time was the lunch and they didn’t meet around anymore. Mingyu also didn’t remember if Jeonghan had contacted him through text.

They boarded the bus and sat together. Jeonghan was typing something on his phone while Mingyu was feeling awkward. “So, Mingyu.” Mingyu blinked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter