It's you and me

Where He Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Junmyeon," a hoarse and exhausted voice calls out his name, "look." Junmyeon turns his attention to the source of the voice, his gaze landing on his black haired member. He smiles fondly when Baekhyun walks up to him, his chest puffed out in a proud manner. "Look what I made." Junmyeon watches the other with a raised eyebrow, his hands sliding down into the pockets of his pants. Junmyeon briefly takes in the disheveled and tired state of Baekhyun before glancing down at the watch on his wrist. It's a quarter past four in the morning. 

"Why are you up so late? We have a variety show tomorrow afternoon." He mumbles, though Baekhyun just dismisses the question. "I've been working on something." He mumbles as he pulls out his phone from his jean pocket. He opens an app before handing the phone to his leader. Puzzled, Junmyeon glances back over at Baekhyun after he takes the phone. 

"You've made a SoundCloud?" 

"Chanyeol helped me." He responds with a simple shrug of his shoulders. "But," he quickly moves to Junmyeon's side and clicks his account profile, "I made a song. I've made a few songs. Just me. I wrote the lyrics, I produced it, I recorded it, and I'm the only vocals in there." He's beaming as he talks, his eyes filled with a light that Junmyeon's seen whenever Baekhyun talks about something he's passionate about. He was extremely proud of himself and Junmyeon's heart felt full just from being able to witness it. 

"Wow, Baekhyun." He was speechless for a moment when Baekhyun started to play one of the songs recorded. There was only a total of three songs, all of them fairly short in length, but he was still proud of himself nonetheless. He wasn't sure what the song was actually named; it was only titled as "Track A." The harmony was beautiful falling nothing short of Baekhyun's style. His voices harmonized well together and at first he thought Baekhyun was singing with someone else, or at least someone singing the back up vocals but it was all him. He could tell that Chanyeol had assisted him in utilizing the studio, but there was no doubt that this was all Baekhyun. "It's beautiful." He says when the song ends after only a minute and a half. 

"You think so?" He asks, fingers nervously fiddling with the phone that Junmyeon handed back to him.

"Of course. Why would I lie about something like that?" Baekhyun's cheeks are turning a light shade of red, a shy and timid smile spreading across his lips. "Have you shown it to anyone else?" 

"Just you." He says a little too quickly, his cheeks now reddening in a form of embarrassment. "I wanted you to hear it first before I had the others listen to it. Your input is the most important one, so, you know..." His voice trails off as he rocks nervously on the heels of his feet. Baekhyun always struggled when talking to Junmyeon; it's just that he admired their leader so much and always sought after his approval for the smallest things. The other members would sometimes about this, but it never bothered him too much. He just admired the other and cared about his opinions. If Junmyeon didn't like his songs he'd be crushed. Sure, he'd be a little bothered if say Kyungsoo or Jongdae didn't like his music (though he doubted Jongdae would ever dislike his music considering they shared a similar style), but he would manage just fine. After all, all the members had different tastes in music (take Chanyeol and Jongin for example). But Junmyeon, he always wanted to impress him or make him proud, even if the style of music wasn't Junmyeon's taste. 

"Well, I think the other members will all love it." He adds gently when taking in the anxious appearance of the shorter male. Baekhyun can't help but shoot a beaming smile his way.

 

"What about that?" Sehun asks as he points to the glowing computer screen. 

"What about what?" Yixing asks before his eyes land on a chat box that stands out against the other conversations. A collective "oh" goes around the room when Yixing clicks on the link to the chat box. Chanyeol's chewing on his bottom lip anxiously as his eyes scan over the contents on the screen, his stomach churning uncomfortably. 

"What the is this?" Jongdae asks as he hunches over to get a better look at the screen. The messages were from an "unknown," probably someone who wished to keep their identity a secret from Baekhyun. The person left him hateful messages, which wasn't something Baekhyun hadn't received before, but he normally didn't get them sent directly to his private chats. Unlike LINE, Baekhyun's KakaoTalk was set up so he could only speak with people whom he knew personally. LINE was for fans and friends, but KakaoTalk was strictly friends and family. "How the were they able to message him?" Jongdae asks again, his eyes wide and moves to push an empty chair next to Yixing, plopping himself down in it afterwards. 

"They must have known him beforehand. Or they were able to find out his account information." Yixing mumbles as he scrolls through the endless messages. They were pretty much one sided, Baekhyun leaving the person on read while they sent him threatening and hateful messages every day. 

"Jesus. Persistent, aren't they?" Sehun mumbles as Yixing continues to scroll through the endless messages. 

"That's how hate messages typically seem to go." Chanyeol mumbles while keeping his unwavering gaze on the computer. "Oh, wait! Yixing, stop." He quickly says and startles Yixing in the process. "Sorry," he mumbles when glancing at the other, "but I saw that Baekhyun responded to one of the messages." At Chanyeol's words everyone creeps closer to the laptop, peering over Yixing curiously. 

 

Baekhyun
16:04 01/1/18

Leave me alone.

I've done nothing wrong.

You're not secretive. I know when you're watching me and I know when you're following me.

16:06 01/1/18

Don't make me start the New Year like this. Please.

Unknown
16:07 01/1/18

I'm never going to leave you alone.

Don't act like you've done nothing wrong. Why are you always playing the victim card?

Maybe because I'm not trying to be secretive.

I've got some bad news for you; you're going to be starting the new year a lot worse than this.

 

The members stare at the messages in horror, Junmyeon's face a lot paler than it was only moments ago. "This was only two days before he went missing." He whispers, his foot tapping against the wooden floor due to nerves. "What he's saying..."

"It's very cryptic." Kyungsoo finishes for their leader. "What's the message after say? There's more messages, right?" Yixing nods his head and scrolls down until he's reached the bottom of the page. "Only two more; one from Baekhyun and one from the other person." 

"What do they say?" Sehun asks as he leans over Yixing's shoulder.

 

Unknown
3:45 03/1/18

I'm here.

Baekhyun
3:45 03/1/18

I'll be there in five.

Remember our deal: you said you'd leave me and my friends alone.

 

"I don't like how that sounds." Minseok sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "So now we know that Baekhyun was meeting with someone the night he went missing." He says after a few minutes of silence; mostly everyone taking in the information they just read and coming up with different scenarios of what they could mean. "That's already more information than the police gave us."

"We just need to figure out where they met. It sounds like it wasn't at the dorms or around here since Baekhyun said he'd see them in a few minutes." Jongin states in a matter-of-fact tone. 

"What was the date?" Junmyeon asks Yixing.

"The third of January." He responds and turns in his chair to look at him. 

"You said we found a planner of his, right?" Junmyeon asks, his attention turning onto Minseok, Chanyeol, Jongdae, and Kyungsoo. "Look for the date of the third. Maybe he wrote down where he was going." 

"Is no one going to talk about what Baekhyun said?" Chanyeol asks with wide eyes. "Their deal? He said that the person had to leave him and his friends alone. That could mean us, right? Did any of you notice anything weird before then? Like someone watching you?" 

"Someone was always watching us, Chanyeol." Kyungsoo mumbles as he places a 2018 calendar onto the table. "We're idols. We don't exactly get privacy." 

"You know what I meant." He responds sternly. "He sounded distressed. Someone was following him around and they even made a deal. It's not crazy to think that someone was following and watching us, too." 

"He's not wrong." Junmyeon sighs. "We need to start thinking carefully; anything can help us. If we were being followed or watched then we would have had an odd feeling at least once or twice. One of us. We'll look through the planner and then try and think back to those last few months leading up to Baekhyun disappearing." Everyone nods their heads in agreement before Kyungsoo finally opens the calendar, skipping to the third of January. A long sigh leaves Kyungsoo's lips when seeing the slot for the third empty. "There's nothing there." He says in a defeated tone.

"I mean, if he's going to be doing something shady," Yixing starts and pushes his chair away from the table and laptop, "why would he so blatantly write it down for anyone to see? Today at three in the morning I'm going to meet so and so who's been stalking me the last few months so he can finally leave me and my friends alone on the third of January by a gas station." Yixing says in a mocking tone. "We can't give up because it's not right in front of our eyes."

"What are you suggesting then?" Kyungsoo snaps.

"He might have written it down; just in-between the lines."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter