002

War of Lotuses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Father.” Yan An said as they ran towards him. Master Yan’s face was as pale as a paper and his energy was slowly leaving. “Mother, how is father?”

 

Madam Yan shook her head. “I can’t figure what this poison is.”

 

“Let me try.” Jia Er requested as he moved to Master Yan in order to examine him.

 

Using his might, he asked where Yan Hua was. Before anyone could answer, she showed up in front of them.

 

“Father!” She ran to him and looked at Jia Er. “Ge, you have to save him.”

 

Jia Er pressed his lips together. Yan An knew something was wrong.

 

“Jia Er, just say it.” Yan An said.

 

“This poison, if I am not mistaken, belongs to the Blood Pearl Sect.”

 

Madam Yan’s eyes widen. “There is no cure then.”

 

Yan An, Yan Hua, and Cai Wei looked at her with tearful eyes.

 

Jia Er nodded in agreement. “There is no cure for this. I've only heard of this from Grand Master.”

 

Master Yan smiled. “I’ve lived a full life. Don’t cry. Don’t be sad.”

 

“How long do we have?” Yan An asked Jia Er.

 

“At most, 30 more minutes.”

 

Yan Hua shook her head. “No. There is no way there is no cure for this. Er Ge, you must have some way to save father. You must.” She grabbed onto his sleeve.

 

JIa Er grabbed her hand and shook his head.

 

“My daughter.” Master Yan said. “Sometimes in life, you can’t have it your way. The Gods have their plan.”

 

Yan Hua continued to cries and shake her head.

 

“My wife, I entrust that you will take care of the kids.”

 

Madam Yan held onto her husband tightly as she nodded and tears rolled down her cheeks.

 

“An, Hua, listen to your mother. Remember to live a kind life.” He continues to said. The energy in his voice was now weaker. “Er, Wei, in my eyes, you were also my kids. I want you to to live a good life. I apologize for not doing enough for you.”

 

Cai Wei shook her head. “You gave me everything. More than I can afford.” Her cries continued.

 

Master Yan gave a few cough. “The Blood Pearl Sect...they must...be...destroyed before...mankind is...doomed.” He gave his last wording and spat out his blood; his eyes closed as he laid in his wife’s arm.

 

Tears and cries surrounded the chamber.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When morning came around, they buried Master Yan and gave their respect to him. Yan An held his sister and mother hand.

 

“Let’s go.” Madam Yan said. “There is a secret house that master and I have. We can stay there.”

 

The four followed Madam Yan to the place.

 

Finally, they arrived the house. It was on the outskirt of town. The house wasn’t big, but enough place for five people. No neighbor in sight. They cleaned up a bit and helped Mistress Yan sit down on the chair before sitting down with her. The mood was still down and no one had the energy to talk much.

 

“We must continue to live on.” Madam Yan began. “We have to destroy the Blood Pearl Sect before anything bad happen.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter