001

War of Lotuses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Father!”  Yan Hua happily yelled out as she enter the living room with her brother, Yan An, Zhang Cai Wei and Wang Jia Er. “Mother!”

 

Master Yan and his wife smiled at the kids. “Finally came back huh?” Master Yan asked.

 

The four took a seat on the two side; Yan An and Yan Hua on one side and Cai Wei and Jia Er on the other.

 

“Where did you guys go this time?” Madam Yan asked. She slowly sipped on her tea.

 

“Just around. The girls were bored so we them around town.” Yan An replied.

 

The female servants set down the teas and excused themselves.

 

“I’ll take that as Yan Hua and Cai Wei have finished the handkerchief design sewing then.” Madam Yan cheekily said.

 

Yan Hua and Cai Wei looked at each other nervously.

 

“We---“ Cai Wei begun to think of an excuse, as she know they barely touched the handkerchief. “We are almost finished, but because we our hands and minds were so tired, we decided to go get some fresh air.”

 

Yan Hua nodded in agreement.

 

Master Yan chuckled. He knows that the girls hate doing anything girly. Since young, they rather play with swords then deal with sewing and cooking. Madam Yan shook her head.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Nightfall came around and the four were sitting in the garden chatting away like when they were young.

 

“Ge!” Yan Hua looked at her brother. “Entertain me. I’m bored.”

 

Yan An looked at his sister. “When are you NOT bored?”

 

Yan Hua pouted and looked away.

 

Yan An slighty chuckled. “Okay okay. What do you want me to do?”

 

Yan Hua thought for a moment. She looked over at Cai Wei. “Sing!”

 

“How about me and Jia Er show you our new sword fighting techniques?” Yan An and Jia Er got up and began to show the girls.

 

Cai Wei happily smiled watching the show.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Soon, the four went to their individual room for the night.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter