Departure

Heartbreak

A MONTH LATER

It had now been a month. Everything had been great for all the girls. The six girls practiced everyday after school and Dahyun was able to gel really well with all the others. Chaeyoung felt comfortable with the six of them. However, she had mixed feelings around Mina, she could be shy, open, emotional and even teasing around her. Mina had the same feeling too.
It was now time for the journey. Their school would be taking them to Japan.
All the girls met up at the airport and left with two teachers as company.
Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu sat together in one row. Behind them were their two teachers and Jihyo. Behind them were Jeongyeon, Mina and a random stranger.
During the flight, Dahyun asked Chaeyoung, "I've always wondered... Do you... like Mina??"
Chaeyoung was yawning and suddenly choked on air and started coughing. Tzuyu slapped her forehead in a frustrated manner.
"What? Did i say something wrong??" Dahyun wondered.
Tzuyu rolled her eyes. 
Well you see," Tzuyu started, "chaeyoung had liked Mina since her first day-"
Chaeyoung covered Tzuyu's mouth hurriedly.
"I'm sleepy so let's not talk about this right now", she said and pretended to close her eyes. Jihyo could hear their conversation. She chuckled to herself.
 
On the other hand, Mina and Jeongyeon sat with an elderly woman who had dosed off in the beginning of the flight. They were undisturbed; and so was the elderly woman because Jeongyeon, the talkative one, had fallen asleep on Mina's shoulder. Mina sat near the window and stared at the white cloud-filled sky and all she could think of was her parents.
Mina had not met her parents for about 6 years now. She lived with her uncle and aunt but the love of one's parents have always been on an entirely different level.
While she was thinking about her hometown, Jeongyeon clutched Mina's arm, still asleep, and muttered a few words like a small kid. Mina smiled and looked at Jeongyeon. She was almost lost for a split second until she heard Jihyo calling from the front, "Mina! Are you excited?"
"Obviously, I am," she smiled at Jihyo.