6. Corianders

Withering Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Bolin found himself as one of the many onlookers standing near the CAUTION tape that was surrounding Club Mystic from where he had plucked Subin the night before. The entire place was full of cops — detectives and police officers asking staff questions while the CSI sweeped the area for evidence. He assumed they were going to go look at the CCTV cameras first, but part of the reason he liked this particular club was the lack of working cameras in the alley behind the club since it tended to be a shady area of sorts. The club couldn't afford getting mixed up in all the happenings, so they tended to pretend as though they had no knowledge that the cameras had been out of commission for nearly as long as they actually were. It was simply a work in progress to get them fixed. 

There was a moment when Baekhyun thought he’d get caught faster than expected when he heard someone exclaim from a police van that they saw Subin’s yellow dress in the CCTV leaving the club with a man, but the happy exclaimations quickly turned into those of frowns and anger to which he figured that they couldn’t see his face, nor could they see where the two had gone after they left the club.

Now they’d be forced to fix the CCTV cameras, and he’d have to go to a different club, but no matter. There were plenty of clubs he could go to enjoy himself.

He just did that a few months later.

Every day he brought food for Subin — sometimes homecooked, other times takeout along with whatever she needed to live properly. He’d often watch her mindlessly watching Netflix or sleeping. Subin would taunt him often, trying to bait him into letting her go, but it always went in from one ear and went out from the other. She had tried to break out once, but all he had heard was banging on the bookshelf. It was a good thing that there was no one in the store except for him, but he made sure to add a padding to the back of the bookshelf that would block as much sound as possible. He also made sure to leave the radio on in the store, but otherwise, the days went by normally, except he felt as though Subin was lonely, and it was time to add another flower to the bouquet.

Baekhyun also watched Hana quite a bit. She would pass by the same streets that she would with Subin during her lunch break, and he would see the pain in her eyes, the darkness in her expression.

If only she had came with him that day. 

Baekhyun found himself wading through the crowd of people at a different club on one Friday night. He made his way over to the bar, and he sat down to order just a soda. He pulled the baseball cap further down, just enough that he could see. He was wearing black head to toe, so that he would blend into the rest of the club, and it was often easier to blend into the background when no one remembered a man who was wearing all black. While he clutched the glass of soda in one hand, the other hand rested on the countertop. He swiveled in his chair back and forth as his eyes swept the floor of the club, resting at each flower for a moment before moving to the next, looking for one to catch his eye. If he was able to move on from looking at each one so quickly, there was nothing of that flower that made it memorable. 

Apparently, luck was on his side because his flower sat down in the chair next to him without him having to do anything.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter