2. Black Pine

Withering Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twenty minutes after he became a single man, Bolin was walking back to his flower shop when he decided to get a quick sandwich lunch. Instead of going the normal route back to work, he decided to take the longer way back. He still had about 40 minutes to waste until his lunch break was over, and he didn’t want to just go back and code. He figured that he make his way towards the police station, and then loop around the park to head back to the store in essentially one big circle.

He took out his headphones and connected them to his phone to block out the rest of the world with some classical music while he went on his little walk. Bolin gazed around him lazily all the while looking out for anyone he might know. He had recently heard that his childhood friend was starring in a drama that was becoming quite popular on T.V. It was interesting how far they had come from their humble beginnings as kids back in China. Maybe he’d run into that friend again.

The reminder of his childhood friend brought about the memories of his adopted parents, the ones that kicked him out as soon as he was of legal age, and he idly thought that he should visit them.

Last time they called the cops on him, but honestly, it wasn't like he cared.

He just shrugged off the thought and continued his peaceful walk. As he got closer to the police station, he noticed a bouquet that a lady was holding, and from a distance, he recognized it as one of his own from the style of ribbon tying.

In fact, it was the one he made earlier in the day. It was the one the twin brother got for his sister.

Hana.

Intrigued, Bolin casually made his way closer to the female, all the while making sure that she wouldn’t spot him. He looked around the area to see if her brother was there, but it didn’t seem as if he was, which was good because he didn’t want to be recognized by anyone. He’d rather be a silent observer.

Except for the moments when Baekhyun came out to play.

As Baekhyun, he was bolder and straightforward. He could say and do things that he couldn’t when he was just Lu Bolin. People knew Lu Bolin. No one knew Byun Baekhyun.

He watched Hana smell the bouquet as she happily walked into the police station. Considering she was quite excited to be entering the station, Bolin figured she wasn’t going there because she was in any legal trouble but rather because she worked there. Or she was going to visit a loved one. Her bright expression and spring in her step reminded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter