8. Yellow Rose

Withering Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun resumed his work when he ran into another one of his ex-girlfriends in the club.

He was sitting at the bar, sipping at his soda like he did every time he stepped foot inside, when his eyes landed on a girl that he hadn't seen in so very long.

Nari. A lily.

Sure, he was attracted to her because of her name, but she was the first woman since his adoptive mother that he felt real affection towards. 

That changed four years ago when she dumped him because he was a florist.

Because he wasn’t making enough money to make her happy.

Because all he did was obsess over flowers.

She didn’t understand that flowers were his source of happiness — that flowers were the last piece of connection to the woman that made him the way that he was.

They never understood. No one understood.

Baekhyun put his drink down and confidently stode over to Nari. Her back was facing him, and all he saw was her smooth back through the backless red dress she was wearing. Fitting her name, her hair was a blonde color with pink streaks running through it, and it fell softly against her back. She was talking to her friends, and he tapped her on her shoulder. She spun around to look at him, and she stumbled back a step.

“Hey,” he spoke in a hushed tone, knowing that she wouldn’t be able to hear him, but she’d be able to read his lips.

She looked back at her friends, said something and turned back to Baekhyun, grabbing his hand and dragging him outside. She probably intended to talk to him and give him a piece of her mind for approaching her at a club of all places after all these years. Baekhyun had other thoughts, however.

Her friends never saw him.

Perfect.

Nari didn’t even put up a fight. 

She didn’t understand why Baekhyun ended up taking control of her and dragged her away from the street camera near the door.

She didn’t comprehend that Baekhyun was pushing her up against the wall with a hand pressing against her neck until it was much too late. Baekhyun saw her try to speak just as her muscles loosened, and her eyes began to droop. 

Knowing that her friends were close by, and that they would most definitely notice if she was out with a man they had never met for a long time, Baekhyun wrapped an arm around her waist and pretended to be holding her up. People walking by would just assume she was passed out drunk. He was used to this now. It was the third girl. 

Nothing new. 

Just like plucking Jangmi was nothing new. He’d done it all befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter