3. Four Leaf Clover

Withering Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come on, Hana!" Subin whined, loud enough that her voice reached his ears even though he was walking at a far distance behind the two girls with earphones in that had no music playing. Subin pulled at Hana's arm as she continued speaking. "It's not like dad will care that you were out clubbing for one night! You aren't even on the clock tomorrow."

Bolin slowed down his steps slightly to increase the distance between as the girls did as well. He didn’t want Hana to pick up on someone following them. It was something that would be far too easy for a police officer to detect.

Bolin picked up the habit of following the two girls out of the police station to where ever they would head to during the two’s lunch break. It wasn’t an everyday occurrence, but after a few weeks of going to find them (he supposed his action would be called ‘stalking,’ but he would rather call it ‘observing’), he picked up on a pattern. Hana would only be able to leave the station for a 1PM lunch break three days of the week — Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. Wednesdays and Thursdays were the days that Hana wouldn’t show up for work until towards the latter hours of day — presumably for a night shift. Saturdays were her days off, and he hadn’t figured out her schedule on Sundays because he closed the flower shop on those days. One of these days, though, he'd get away from his coding to see what she was up to out of curiousity. 

Bolin liked to stay home and just work on his freelance coding on those days. It was nice to be away from the bustling life of Seoul and to be secluded, and besides, coding made him more money than his flower shop business. Coding was his skilled work, but being a florist was his passion.

But then again, that seclusion just led to him doing more and more thinking. It was both good and bad. Good in that he was able to sort his life out, and but in that he was starting to get new ideas for things that he had to wait to start.

It was especially bad this time around. He had wanted to get a chance to get closer to Hana for weeks and finally, he might just get a chance to do so. It was all resting on Subin to convince her friend to go to the club this Friday night.

“I don’t know Subin…” Hana replied. Subin gestured wildly with her arms as if to say ‘oh come on already!’ Bolin couldn’t see her face, but it was a gesture she had done often when the two were dating. He would always refuse to do things that involved being out in the public too much, and she would get exasperated, throwing her arms up in the air.

“Hana. Seriously. Loosen up. You need a break once in a while, and besides, you can invite those new colleagues of yours,” Subin laughed a bit, poking Hana in the arm.

“You know very well that I can’t date anyone I work with,” Hana replied as she retaliated by poking Subin in the arm.

“Oh whatever. You are coming with your colleagues, and that’s final. I will drag you all if I have to.”

It clearly didn't take much from Subin to convince Hana because the girl finally relented, and the balloon in Bolin's chest burst, giving him some relief. 

And with that, it was a done deal that the Bolin would finally m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter