5. Rhododendron

Withering Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun stood up and left Subin on the bed, still begging for him to let her go, but those words simply brushed over him. At some point, he was sure that the words would turn into threats, but eventually she'd stop. They always did. As he walked up the stairs, he took her phone's case off, checking to see if he could pull out the battery, but he couldn't so he settled for grabbing a safety pin from his desk once he was back in his office. He popped open the storage for the SIM card and took it out before turning the mobile data and GPS location off on her phone, turning it back off, and then stowing it away in a drawer.

The events of the past hour had him hungry, and so with the thought of food,  he moved to pick up his own phone and called for a late night Chinese takeout. 

Bolin walked out of the office and decided that he should clean up and get the store ready for the next day while waiting for his delivery. The store was open six days a week —with Mondays being the only exception —, and while the store did fairly well, he refused to hire anyone else. He could manage the store alone perfectly fine; he didn’t need anyone else. 

He walked around the store, making sure the flowers were in peak condition, t some leaves here and there, plucking out wilting flowers, and giving them all enough water. Once he was satisfied, he moved to sweep the floor and check the cash register for money. By the time he was done with everything, twenty minutes had passed by, and just like clockwork, he heard the familiar sound of a motorcycle’s engine near the front entrance. He opened the blinds that were covering the doors, and then once he confirmed that it was the delivery, he made his way outside. Pulling out his wallet, he paid for the food. Going back into the store and locking the front door back up, he set the food down on his desk in the office. Bolin knew Subin was going to get quite bored sitting downstairs since she was all alone, but there was an extra TV in his office that he could hook up to Netflix that would solve that. He picked up the TV and made his way down to the basement.

The basement was a spacious area with a bathroom with a shower in the far left corner, a small window, and an area that was separated by a crosshatch patterned wall. The original builders of the store had intended the basement to be an area for extra living space, but he had other plans for it. Bolin carefully walked down the stairs, watching his steps to ensure that he wouldn’t drop the TV. Once he had set his feet on the flat ground, he sent a smile to Subin who had looked up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter