4. King Protea

Withering Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana's movements were sporatic, her body moving frantically to break out from underneath Baekhyun's hold of her. It made Baekhyun feel proud of himself — he was able to surprise a cop. He resisted her movements by pushing her arms up against the brick wall, holding her wrists together tightly in one hand while getting the chloroformed cloth from his pocket with the other, but in his attempts to subdue her, he had forgotten one very important thing.

Her legs.

He felt the pain before he completely registered what had happened, and he immediately buckled over, dropping the cloth with chloroform. With the amount of time it had taken him, the chloroform wouldn’t be effective for long, anyway.

Baekhyun would have to just resort to a bit more...harsher methods. Hana pushed Baekhyun away from her, and he stumbled, still in pain from her sharp shoes hitting him in his shin after she had kneed him between the legs. He hissed in annoyance as Hana ran back into the club, but no matter, he’d get his revenge. No one got away from Baekhyun that easily. 

Baekhyun smirked as he straightened up and mentally compartmentalized the pain away. He brisk walked back inside the club and searched for Hana, trying to be as inconspicous as possible. There was a possiblity that she was already calling a fellow cop with his description, but he doubted she saw much in the dim lighting with his cap blocking most of his eyes. 

He noticed her frantically looking around for her friend, only to find her missing. Lucky for him, Subin’s bright yellow dress came directly into his line of sight a few feet from him. She had just come out of the bathroom, and  Baekhyun smiled at her when she looked at him. She smiled at him in return, and she turned his body towards him as she made his way over to him. He couldn't tell whether or not he had recognized him, but within a few moments, he had his answer.

“Hi,” she spoke in a quiet voice, yet he heard her loud and clear despite the club’s booming music. "How are you?" She was definitely tipsy, but not to the point of losing all sense of self. It was clear that she recognized him.

“Hello,” Baekhyun greeted in return, slowly snaking his arm around her waist. "I'm doing much better now that you're here." He made sure to hold on tightly, but not tight enough that she would be alarmed. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Hana coming back towards him, and so he moved his body closer to Subin’s blocking her from view. Her hands came up to rest on his chest, and he felt her slightly clench her hands around the fabric of his shirt.

“I've never seen you with that friend of yours. I saw you two walk in,” he stated, attempting to make small talk as he guided her towards the alley. 

“She was always busy," Subin replied. She didn't make a move to remove herself from Baekhyun's arms. He supposed that she felt comfortable.

“Oh, really? Then what made her come today?”

“The promise of tequila after a long week,” Subin laughed. Baekhyun laughed along with her. He just needed to keep her distracted for another minute. "Why are you here? And where are we going?" Baekhyun sighed. Nothing was going right today.

“Oh, just outside. You look like you could use some fresh air. And besides, I was dumped recently, and the promise of tequila was also too strong to resist.” He smiled down at the girl, and he felt her tense. Subin probably noticed that he wasn't acting as he normally would around her. He would've never brought up Subin breaking up with him, and it wasn't like he was particularly broken up about it, either.

“A-ah. Well, it’s okay. I should head hom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter