Gray Diamonds

❊ Visual Illusions ❊ ║ Layouts Archive ║ New - Wish On The Same Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]1[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]as a gentleman, he protects[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]That afternoon, a two-horse drawn carriage entered a vast estate right near the borders of England, silently following the only path in front of them. The trees lining the pathway of the entrance swayed majestically with the guidance of the soft wind. Outside, the mansion definitely stood out amongst the nearby houses as it was decorated with grandiose architecture, which probably dated back more than centuries ago. That, of course, is possible, considering the familial heritage the estate belonged to.

Just then, two men both elegantly dressed in white stepped out of the carriage, overlooking the estate. Standing tall like soldiers, both of them had on unreadable expressions as they finally arrived their destination.

"Whoa!" The shorter man of the two beamed with one hand placed on his forehead – as if saluting – while his eyes were energetically scanning his surroundings. "It's my first time personally delivering a letter to this household, but wow, it's definitely more than I could have ever imagined it to look like!"

The other man sighed in reply, “Please stop doing that every time we go to someone’s house to deliver something,” he placed a hand on his head and continued to sigh, “it’s very unsightly.”

The shorter man pouted as both of them headed towards the staircase with the taller hitting the golden carved lion knocker against the door as they waited for a reply. Soon after, the door was opened by a footman, bowing as he saw the two men and led them inside the mansion. He led them down the hall and finally stopped outside a large door. “Please, enter,” he gestured to the door in front of them, “Marquis Midford is inside his study.” After another bow, he left them.

“Excuse us,” the tall man knocked and entered after a few seconds he heard a reply from the inside. There, in the opposite side of the room, sat the head of the household, Marquis Alexis Leon Midford, leader of the British Knights. “We were sent by the queen to give you a letter.”

“Well, it’s more for your son though,” the shorter one added.

Marquis Midford stood up from his seat and headed over to the two men, greeting them warmly. “Ah, welcome, Charles,” the Marquis shook the tall man’s hand with a smile then he did the same to the other man, “and Charles.”

“It would be better for you to just call us Phipps and Grey, Marquis Midford,” the tall man replied.

Then, a knock came from the door, followed by the entrance of a young blond man. “Father?” he curiously said as he moved closer towards the Marquis. “Ah, Earl Grey and Sir Phipps. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” The man shook both of their hands with a smile.

“Well, now that all of us are here, let’s talk this matter over some tea,” the Marquis gleamed.

 

“Lord Edward Midford,” Phipps began as all four of them finally sat down after their introductions, “I have a letter from the queen addressed to you.” With this, he took out a letter from his double- jacket and handed it to the young lord sitting across from him.

Edward took a quick look on the back of the letter, the queen’s seal clearly visible on the candle wax marking. He opened the letter and enclosed, read the letter to himself.

 

My Dear Young Lord Edward,

It would seem that I have a task for you as a knight of the Midford household. Please keep this a secret from anyone until the mission is cleared. I cannot leave this mission to the Earl of Phantomhive since he is busy with other work as well as your father as he is the head of the Knights, therefore I ask this favor of you.

There is not much, but please protect Lady Annalise Harrietson. I have already asked Earl Phantomhive to accommodate as to where you will be staying to keep a close eye on her. I sincerely wish you the best of luck and that harm wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter