professional at work

lee jihoon: swimming fool
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soonyoung’s sitting at the kitchen island, his laptop propped up in front of him. He’d just gotten off a phone call with Seungcheol, having the sudden urge to find out the progress of the surfer’s ‘date’ with Jihoon. Late last night, Seungcheol had asked him for Jihoon’s number, and he’d replied, half asleep. Soonyoung barely remembered the conversation until he spied Seungcheol’s car by the sidewalk that morning, and quickly bounded over to meet the surfer to find out what’s going on.

Jihoon had quickly left with Seungcheol right after that, giving no indication of being sad like he’d been last night.

Soonyoung’s brain had quickly concluded the whole thing as a date since the both of them were being secretive about it. Glad that his best friend is socialising, he skips inside, opening up his laptop to get some work done as Jihoon had reminded him earlier.

As usual, Soonyoung reaches a dead end once he starts, surfing the internet for useless things, then calls Seungcheol out of curiosity. Apparently Jihoon’s fine, and Seungcheol’s going to teach him how to swim. Soonyoung’s a bit peeved that he wasn’t invited along; but just then, his phone vibrates, notifying him of an incoming message.

Seungcheol’s sent him a couple of photos; and Soonyoung quickly taps on them, then waits for them to load. The vlogger squeals when the photo fills the entire screen of his phone: it’s Jihoon in his wetsuit, complete with white floaties attached to his arms, looking awkward with a little uncertain smile; and a smirking Seungcheol, posing with his fingers curled up into a V sign, added with an arm comfortably nestled around Jihoon’s shoulders. Seungcheol had been right when he’d said that Jihoon looked cute; and he hopes that the surfer is still alive because no one gets away with calling Jihoon cute.  

Soonyoung peeks another look at the photo and grins from ear to ear, knowing that he has more content to use against his best friend; added with the baby photo of a Jihoon that he keeps in his wallet (which he’d shown to tons of strangers around the world).  Anyway, Soonyoung thinks that the pair look really adorable, too; and Jihoon doesn’t look murderous in a photo for once. Soonyoung’s definitely saving it into his phone, and he makes a mental note to make several copies later, and maybe post it on his social media because why not?

The doorbell rings, and Soonyoung quickly runs to the front door, with no qualms about leaving his work.

It’s Wonwoo, who stares blankly at him. He’d promised Soonyoung that he’d come over again that morning so that they can get some more work done. Of course, Wonwoo looks like he’d rather watch paint dry than spend the morning reviewing Soonyoung’s endless footage, but he’d never go back on a promise; and it had taken him an hour to convince himself to turn up at Soonyoung’s – it takes a great deal of patience to tolerate the vlogger; so he takes a deep breath -

“LOOK AT HOONIE AND CHEOL-HYUNG!” Soonyoung practically shoves his phone into Wonwoo’s face in all of the sudden; knocking the device onto Wonwoo’s nose, making his glasses crooked.

Hurricane Soonyoung is here.

Wonwoo can’t even see what Soonyoung is trying to show him, so he pastes a thin smile onto his lips. “There’s no need to shout,” The lanky guy quips, wiping some of Soonyoung’s saliva off his cheek; then corrects the position of his glasses. “I can hear you just fine.”

“Look at them! Hoonie is c-u-t-e, and only I can say that because I’m his best friend since forever, and Cheol-hyung looks so happy; I’m gonna die.” Soonyoung bounces.

“Please do.” Wonwoo mutters, hoping that if Soonyoung does drop dead, he doesn’t have to go through this anymore; but then it’d be a hassle trying to explain to the cops that he’s innocent…

 Soonyoung is still waving his phone in his face, and he manages to catch a glimpse of the photograph that Soonyoung is screaming about. So Jihoon and Seungcheol the surfer are together in one photo, what’s the big deal? Wonwoo isn’t terribly close with either of them, so it doesn’t really matter to him, if they’re happy, good for them.

“I’m so happy for Hoonie!” Soonyoung practically twirls in the hallway, and Wonwoo lets himself in.

“So I’m assuming that Jihoon is fine.” Wonwoo settles down in the living room as Soonyoung stares at his phone again, giggling. The bespectacled man vividly remembers yesterday’s episode – he’d even caught it on film. Surprisingly, he’d stayed calm throughout, and he’d transferred the footage into his laptop last night. He’s not sure whether to delete it; just in case it triggers anyone involved, especially Jihoon, so he’d saved it into a folder in his computer.

Wonwoo quickly sets up his equipment, preparing himself for a few more hours with Soonyoung. He’d pulled his weight and done his part, eager to spend less time with energetic Soonyoung – sure, the guy may be fun, but he’s not really Wonwoo’s preferred type of passive fun; and Wonwoo drains a lot of energy trying to keep up with the vlogger.

“Hey, Soonyoung. I’ve edited some of the footage from the first two days.” Wonwoo calls out.

In an instant, Soonyoung’s already seated right by his side, a little too close for comfort.

“The first two days of ‘Soonie and Hoonie’s LA adventure’, compressed into eight and a half minutes.” Wonwoo announces, with a slight proudness in his chest. Truth be told, even though it had been a taxing job reviewing the footage, Wonwoo had been amused, watching Soonyoung and Jihoon’s antics around Los Angeles. Wonwoo presses play on his laptop, and the two of them are transported back to the moment Jihoon had landed at LAX a while ago.  <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter