i don't kiss, and i don't tell

lee jihoon: swimming fool
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“HOONIE!” Soonyoung’s waiting on the front porch, fiddling with some knitwork in his lap. Once the vlogpacker sees Seungcheol’s Jeep pulling up by the roadside, he abandons his craft and rushes over to the vehicle with the brightest smile on his face that could rival the sun.

“Cheol-hyung! Thanks for saving Hoonie!” Soonyoung tugs the passenger’s seat open, promptly pulling his best friend into a suffocating hug.

Seungcheol simply laughs heartily at Soonyoung’s antics, while Jihoon hopes to die on the spot because of all the unnecessary fuss. The smaller blond easily loops himself out of Soonyoung’s embrace, and mutters a quick thank you to Seungcheol, not really meeting the surfer’s eyes.

“I thought you were arrested or something! I called you but you didn’t pick up; so I was thinking of making a police report.” Soonyoung affectionately squishes Jihoon’s cheeks together. Jihoon quickly slaps Soonyoung’s hands away.

“Don’t worry, Soonyoung.” Seungcheol has the most blasé expression on his handsome face, like he’d sent hungover kids back to their home every other day. The older guy starts explaining the whole situation calmly to Soonyoung, who listens intently, forgetting about his best friend, making himself comfortable in the passenger seat.

Jihoon wanders over to the porch, eyeing Soonyoung’s knitwork – he’s trying to make a quilt – hoping that his best friend wouldn’t bombard Seungcheol with odd questions. Everything seems like a grey area now, full of social uncertainties. Jihoon doesn’t know if he can face Seungcheol for another surfing lesson; and he’s already getting the hang of the sport (even if he can barely swim). And now Soonyoung would probably make things weirder, knowing him.

The drive over had been wrapped with awkward silence – Jihoon couldn’t muster enough courage to ask for last night’s events. He tried remembering, but nothing came to mind; just hazy images of a potted plant, and the heavy beats of EDM. Nothing too helpful – was he really wasted last night? He’s never been drunk enough to forget things.

What a new record. A new high (or low?) for Jihoon.

Jihoon glances over to Seungcheol’s Jeep, and it seems like the two men are having a cozy bonding time, laughing and talking – about Jihoon, probably. He feels hot all over, feeling conscious that those two might just be gossiping about him. Soonyoung knows all of his darkest secrets, and has no qualms about telling them to the world, unless Jihoon’s there to make him swear not to tell over both of their dead bodies. The blond has half a mind to march over to the Jeep and pull Soonyoung out so that he doesn’t say anything he shouldn’t, but he stops himself because he doesn’t want to make himself look like an in front of Seungcheol.

With one final fleeting look at his surf instructor, Jihoon picks up Soonyoung’s abandoned knitting and enters the house. He chucks Soonyoung’s handiwork onto the table in the hallway then flops onto the couch, flicking the television on to keep himself occupied.

Forty minutes and thirty-seven seconds later (not that Jihoon’s counting), Soonyoung finally enters the house, humming. Jihoon keeps his eyes trained on the television, where an apocalyptic movie’s playing, and everyone’s dying from a tsunami. He hasn’t been focusing on it anyway, so he has absolutely no clue what’s happening. Some lady on the screen screams as Soonyoung bounces onto the couch, right next to Jihoon.

“So. Are you best friends with Seungcheol now?” Jihoon’s half-annoyed, and (maybe) jealous, too. He mutes the television, as a cue for Soonyoung to talk (because once he starts, there’s no stopping him).

“He’s fun to talk to! I told him about Bobby G’s class, and he was really excited about it! Did you know that Cheol-hyung’s a dancer, too?” Soonyoung grins. “He told me that you guys went to a party last night! Oooh, Hoonie, you’re a social butterfly now!”

Soonyoung then goes on a tangent on Bobby G’s class, but Jihoon’s zoned onto the fact that Seungcheol’s a dancer. Seungcheol pulling off some cool street dancing moves, fluidly and full of flair. But who knows that he could even be a ballet dancer? Jihoon’s already imagining the muscular surfer all clad in leggings and a tutu, pirouetting all over the place.

Possible, but highly unlikely.

“Cheol-hyung was kinda jealous that I got into Bobby G’s class. I told him that maybe we could all go next time, but Cheol-hyung says that he’s not a really good dancer himself to join Bobby G.” Soonyoung’s saying. “Then he said something about me eating paper?”

Jihoon’s obviously not listening to the chatterbox he calls his best friend, but he’s pulled back to reality when Soonyoung hits him with a cushion several times.

“I leave you for one day, and so many things happen to you! You’ve got to tell me everything, Hoonie!” Soonyoung grabs Jihoon’s shoulders and shakes him violently.

“Didn’t Seungcheol tell you everything?”

“I wanna hear it from you.” Soonyoung pouts.

Jihoon sighs. “Get me food, then I’ll talk.”

Soonyoung relentlessly begs for Jihoon to tell him all the details, but the blond keeps his mouth shut, refusing to say a word as he locks himself in the bathroom for a much-needed shower.

Finally, amidst Chinese takeout and Cars playing on mute on the TV, Jihoon tells him (almost) everything.

“Oh, I found a video editor for you. Met him last night at the party; he can help you with your footage.” Jihoon mentions between mouthfuls of fried rice. He wonders how much footage Soonyoung has at this point, and it would be a pain to traipse through it all.

Soonyoung perks up; his mouth agape. “Really?”

Jihoon remembers that Hoodie Guy – Wonwoo – had given him his card, tucked into the back pocket of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter