L

Six Members Infinite?!! [Hiatus]

I used L because it's Myungsoo's stage name.

 

L thought he heard someone sobbing. He wasn’t sure who it was. He wasn’t even sure if it was a dream or if it’s real.

He wasn’t sure if it was someone else or if it’s him.

He had been trying to sleep all day. He didn’t have a good night sleep for two days in a row since the manager told them the news. He didn’t understand why the manager could say it so easily like Sungjong wasn’t anyone important to him.

He didn’t understand why the manager didn’t bother to tell them the reasons and left. Just like that.

 

“Kids, I have something to tell you.”

“Wait, let me call Sungjong first.” He had stood up. He was at the door of the room Sungjong had shared with Hoya when the next sentence that slipped from the manager’s tongue froze him on the track.

“You won’t find him.”

L turned and looked at the manager, puzzled. “What do you mean?”

“Sungjong will not be joining Infinite’s activities, Myungsoo-ah. He already left.”

The manager had called him Myungsoo. L was stunned at that. The man in front of him was a manager and a hyung to them. He’ll be all manager-like when it comes to work and be all hyung-like when it comes to rest time or when in their dorm.

And to think that he called him Myungsoo while at the same time told Infinite the news like it was something natural had made L confused. He was so sure that the manager loved Sungjong like a brother. So how can he say it so heartlessly?

 

L opened his eyes and realized that the sobbing was gone. When he pulled Sungjong’s comforter to his neck, he heard a soft thud like something had fallen from between the folded comforter. He searched to his left and his hand met something.

L grabbed it and saw that it was a picture frame of their first win on M Countdown. A small smile crept on his lips. He remembered it like it was yesterday.

 

“Hyung, why aren’t you crying?” Sungjong asked between sobs. They were backstage after the first win. The other artists and idols were still congratulating them so they were all occupied and overwhelmed at the same time with the victory.

Sungjong couldn’t stop crying. He was the first of Infinite to cry on the stage, L had noticed that. Then, Hoya, Woohyun and Dongwoo also cried. L was sure Sungyeol cried because he saw him getting teary eyed.

L only smiled at the question. “Should I?”

“Well, aren’t you happy?”

“I am. I’m ecstatic. Just because I’m not crying it doesn’t mean I’m not happy, Sungjong-ah. People cry when they’re sad or happy. The same goes with smile. Some people smile when they are happy while some smiled to hide their sadness. I guess Sunggyu hyung and I are one of those people.”

Sungjong nodded. “So you never cry?”

L laughed again. “I’ll cry when I miss you, don’t worry.”

He pulled Sungjong to a tight hug. He saw Sunggyu standing a few metres from them, smiling at them both. L motioned for the leader to join in the hug. Sunggyu squeezed Sungjong from behind, making a sandwich out of the magnae with him.

“You guys did great. You’ve worked so hard.” Sunggyu whispered. L thought he saw tears at the corner of Sunggyu’s eyes.

“Yah, I worked hard too,” whined Woohyun out of nowhere. He went to them and hugged the three of them tightly. L was sure Sungjong would be out of breath by now.

“Sungyeol hyung, Hoya hyung, Dongwoo hyung! Here!” Sungjong yelled from between the suffocating embraces. He had stopped crying and seemed better than before. That had made L feel even happier.

Soon, Infinite was huddled together in a tight hug. Their work had finally paid off after a year. L was the happiest. He had hoped the moment would last forever. He had thought the good times would never stop.

 

Until it did.

L saw his vision getting blurry, like he was seeing behind a broken glass. He brushed his eyes with his fingers and realized that it was tears. He was crying.

 

“I’ll cry when I miss you, don’t worry.”

 

His words had come true...

There were some things that he regretted in his life. Some of them concerned his family and how he hadn’t been a good hyung in his family. Others concerned Infinite.

One of them was for not spending enough time with the members these few weeks. He had been so busy with the drama and concert rehearsal that he felt 24 hours was not enough for him. When Sungjong had come to him and intended to talk to him, L would either say that he was sleepy or he wasn’t in the wood for any talking.

He wished he could take it back.

He wished Sungjong would be back.

He wished they were seven back.

L wiped the tears from his eyes and pulled the comforter over his head. It smelt just like the magnae. Tears streamed back down at the corner of his eyes. He wiped it with the comforter and finally closed his eyes. The times Infinite spent together flashed in his mind swiftly.

L sunk further into the comforter. He wanted to have a good night sleep.

He wanted to forget everything.

 

 

Infinite's personal chapters are officially finished. But the story is not.

please tell me what u think about my story till this chapter, guys. really appreciate it.

and please comment and subscribe too.