Chapter 15 : Worse

Six Members Infinite?!! [Hiatus]

Infinite in Pops in Seoul during BTD Promotion

MC: (To Sungyeol) Is there anyone of the members you're awkward with?

Sungyeol: (Without hesitation) No!

blame that for this chapter.

 

-- --

Sungyeol bit back his tears as he peered at Dongwoo through the window. He didn’t believe and couldn’t even bring himself to accept the fact that the man lying limp, unconscious and powerless on the bed was his Dongwoo hyung. He was so used to see the lively expressions of the hyung in the dorm. The hyung liked to laugh and he was the easiest to cry besides Sungjong. He amused over the simplest things and cracked over the simplest jokes.

Sungyeol saw Dongwoo’s mother tenderly wiped his son’s arm with a clean white towel and saw the tears welling down her cheek. Dongwoo was her baby, his last son and probably the one she was closest to in the family. Even before Infinite debuted, Dongwoo’s mom was known to them for being the mom closest to everybody in Infinite. And seeing her cry made Sungyeol remembered her mom more.

Hs mother had been trying to call him since the accident rose all over the news. Sungyeol couldn’t bring himself to answer her. He couldn’t explain everything to her because he didn’t want her to be even more worried.

He turned his back to the window and rested his head on it. The other members had gone to follow the hyungs to buy dinner. He didn’t participate because he couldn’t face the public. It was all over the news now about Dongwoo’s accident. The press had gathered at the hospital’s lobby since the afternoon to obtain the latest information about the Infinite’s main rapper and police was sent prior to dismiss the raging fans that assembled in front of the hospital.

Everything was collapsing. Their schedules were held temporarily and Sungyeol felt everything around him ending in a blink of an eye. He looked up when he noticed an unfamiliar man standing outside Dongwoo’s ward, looking at Dongwoo with a smirk on his face. Sungyeol felt the grief he felt over a second ago disappearing and replaced with anger.

“Who are you?” he asked. The man turned to him and the corners of his mouth rose as he smiled.

“You must be one of the Infinite’s members. I’ve heard about you lot from the officers.”

“Then you must be Miss Ji Won’s ex boyfriend. The man that’s responsible for making my dongsaeng suffer,” Sungyeol said through gritted teeth. He had to grasp his fingers to a fist to stop himself from lunging forward and punching the man. The fact that the man had the balls to come to Dongwoo’s ward to make fun of his unconscious state made Sungyeol sick to the stomach.

“How am I responsible? I’m not guilty. It’s Infinite’s Sungjong that assaulted her, not me.”

Before he knew it, his hands were grabbing the front of the man’s collar and he jerked him forward. “Sungjong wouldn’t even hurt a fly.”

“I think you’re wrong.”                                                                                                                

“Why you...” Sungyeol raised his right hand to hit the man across the face but it was caught mid-air. He turned and saw the rest of Infinite there. Myungsoo grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him back, away from the man. Sunggyu and Woohyun held onto him as he struggled hard.

“Looks like everybody’s here.” The man said as he brushed his hands on his collar.

“What do you want?” Hoya asked.                                                                                                

“I’m just checking on Dongwoo-shii. I heard it’s bad. Like really bad and your schedule had to be stopped because of it. I also saw the fans crying outside before the police sent them away. I wonder if they knew Sungjong-shii assaulted a girl..."

"...and Dongwoo-shii was dying...”

Hoya felt his heart snapped into two as the words escaped the man’s mouth. His fingers curled into a fist and he lunged forward and hit the man, right on his face when everybody was occupied with Sungyeol. The man stumbled backwards and fell flat on his as blood trickled down from his mouth and nose to the white hospital tiles.

Hoya felt a hand pulling him back and his eyes met the magnae’s. Sungjong looked panicked for a reason Hoya couldn’t tell. Then he knew why when he saw the officers at the corner of the hallway.

“Officers! You saw that, right? Infinite’s Hoya just assaulted me!” the man screamed.

Sungyeol stopped struggling as he held onto L’s hand for support. Just when he thought things couldn’t get worse, it just did.

 

-- --

 

L always liked silence. Every time he’s tired or need a time alone, he would appreciate the silence in the dorm. And sometimes, when they were on their way back from an activity and the members were sleeping soundly in the car, L always stayed up and enjoyed the time he had. He really liked the silence.

But these couple of days, he hated the word.

L wished they were in their dorm, making noises or playing computer games and what not. He wished they were performing on stage, in front of the crowd with Inspirits chanting their names. He wished they were on Sukira, laughing with Ryeowook and Sungmin hyung. He wished they were in Japan, rehearsing in the hotel lobby. He wished they were together once again. He wished they weren’t in the hospital.

He looked up when he heard the sound of the door opening and Yongjun hyung entered the room. He looked at the rest of the members.

Sunggyu was leaning against the wall with his hands crossed and eyes closed. L felt pity towards the leader. He felt regretful for not being a better dongseng to him. He saw Woohyun sitting not far from Sunggyu with his head hung down. Sungyeol was sitting next to him, his eyes staring into space.

Hoya was standing by the table with his hands dug in his pockets. L knew he was clenching his fists because of the big lumps on both his sides. L figured the punch he did before must have hurt his knuckles too.

“What happened to you all, huh? Since when did Infinite turn to immature kids?” Yongjun suddenly said with gritted teeth. “I am very disappointed with you guys. Hoya, even if you’re mad you’re not supposed to punch the guy! Did you think at all before you hit him? Did you think about Sungjong? About Dongwoo?”

“Did you think what that made Sungjong? It made him looked guilty.”

“Hyung...” L spoke when none of the members said anything. “Don’t blame Hoya hyung. He’s just defending Sungjong and Dongwoo hyung. I would do the same if I was standing in front of the guy.”

“I know that but does everybody else know that? Do you think the officers know that?” Yongjun threw his hands in frustration. He turned his back towards them and banged the door with his leg. “Jungyul is speaking with the officers and that guy to not take any actions towards Hoya. So you better pray he didn’t. That would leave Infinite into four members you realized that, right?”

L closed his eyes to let the words sink.

“I think it’s time for you to pack your things.” Yongjun finally said.

“Where are we going?” Sungyeol finally asked.

“Not we, but you guys. You’re going home with your families. The schedules will be stopped temporarily to avoid any more damage to Infinite and Wooliment. We don’t want the press to find out about Sungjong now that they knew about Dongwoo’s accident.”

“Now?” Sunggyu asked.

“Yes. Now.”

 

i never really said this but thanks for subscribing and commenting. you made my day everyday lol..