At The Hospital part 2

Six Members Infinite?!! [Hiatus]

 

You can see Infinite's popularity that i made up in this chapter. haha. anyway, please read, enjoy and comment.

 

“Is there a patient named Lee Sungjong in here?” Woohyun whispered behind the scarf to the nurses at the counter.

“What?”

Woohyun pulled down his scarf because he knew his voice must be muffled by the clothes but suddenly decided against it when a few other nurses turned their attention to him. He glanced at L at the front door. The latter tapped his watch, motioning that they were late. It was their third hospital and still there was no patient named Lee Sungjong.

“Lee Sungjong. Infinite’s Lee Sungjong.”

“Infinite?” The nurse gasped. “Yah! Is Infinite’s Sungjong a patient here? I didn’t know that.” She said to her friends.

“I don’t think so. Why? Who are you?” The nurses looked sharply at Woohyun like they were going to eat him. Woohyun pulled his muffler scarf over his nose for safety precaution and bowed them a thank you before walking back to L.

“Anything?” said L.

“Nothing. I guess it’s up to the others then. Let’s go to X Hospital.”

L nodded.

-- --

“Excuse me.” Dongwoo coughed.

“Yes may I help you?” The nurse behind the counter asked with her eyes still on her laptop.

“Is Infinite’s Lee Sungjong a patient here?” Sunggyu continued. He looked at the nurse behind his brown coloured shades. The nurse stopped typing and eyed the weird man wearing his shades in the middle of the night and his friend that had pulled his muffler scarf over his nose and a hat hung down low on his forehead.

“I don’t think so. If there are, I should know. I’m a big fan of them.”

“Kamsahamnida,” Dongwoo blurted out. Sunggyu elbowed him.

“Who are you guys?” She raised her brows.

“Just another fan like you!” Sunggyu exclaimed and quickly his heels to run. Unfortunately, he bumped onto someone and lost his balance. He managed to grab the counter table but not before the shades fell off from his nose. All pairs of eyes on the hospital lobby were instantly on him and Dongwoo.

“It’s... It’s Infinite’s Sunggyu!”

Sunggyu grabbed Dongwoo. “Run.”

-- --

“I’ll ask them. You wait here.” Said Hoya. Sungyeol nodded and stood by the door. He saw a few visitors waving their goodbyes and hugging some patients at the park in front of the hospital. He looked at his watch.

“The visiting hour must be over.” He said to himself.

Meanwhile Hoya wanted to ask the nurse behind the counter the usual question when a doctor suddenly came and helped him.

“May I help you?” The doctor tried to see Hoya’s hidden face behind his muffler scarf but couldn’t.

“Sorry for bothering you but is Lee Sungjong a patient here?”

“Lee Sungjong? You mean Infinite’s Lee Sungjong?”

“Ye-Yes!” Hoya nodded.

“Well, not a patient but a visitor. He’s been here all day. I don’t think he left yet.”

Hoya quickly grabbed the doctor’s hand with his remarkable discovery. He felt so happy he could hug the doctor. “Where is him doctor?”

“I think by the cafeteria. I saw him talking on the phone just now.” The doctor smiled.

Hoya thanked him again before running back to Sungyeol. He told him the news and they quickly ran to the cafeteria.

 

Sungjong ducked behind a table when he saw Sungyeol and Hoya entering the cafeteria. He whispered to the phone. “How did they know I’m here?”

“We said you were in a hospital and they run away from us after rehearsal to look for you. You have to hide so they won’t find you. Go somewhere for the near time”

“I can’t leave the hospital, the officers wouldn’t let me.”

“So you talked to them? What did they say?”

“Yeah, apparently I’m the main suspect for the assault. The real main suspect is still missing and Ji Won is still unconscious.”

He heard the manager let out a sigh. “Your hyungs are worried you know...”

“... I know. But please don’t tell them anything yet. I don’t want them to be worry and affect Infinite’s schedule. I’ll tell them when the time is right. I have to hang up. Bye.” Sungjong ended the call and peeked at Hoya and Sungyeol from behind the table.

He was actually glad to see Sungyeol and Hoya. Being away from the dorm for three days had made him wonder how the hyungs were doing. He had left without any message or even a note so it must be hard for them.

And to think that they would search for him had proven that they cared for him just as much as he cared for them. A small smile crept on his lips. Thanks hyungs...

Sungyeol and Hoya was walking towards the other side of the cafe with their backs on him and Sungjong saw his chance. He ran towards the nearest table and continued lurking behind it before exiting the cafeteria.

I’m sorry hyung. Just go home, he thought.

When he was safe Sungjong walked back to Ji Won’s room and waited outside the ward. He didn’t know where to sleep that night. He wanted to go back to his hotel and sleep there but the officers had warned him about leaving the hospital.

“Lee Sungjong-shii,” he heard someone called. Sungjong raised his head and looked at the nurse standing in front of him.

“We have extra wards if you want to sleep,” the nurse said.

“Thank you!” Sungjong squeaked. Wards are better than nothing.

-- --

“Do you really think he’s here?” Sungyeol asked as he looked over tables and chairs. He glanced at Hoya who was still keen on finding the magnae.

“The doctor said so. I don’t think he’s lying. He even said Infinite Sungjong.”

“I believe you but... apparently Sungjong’s not here. Maybe he’s hiding.”

“Why should he be hiding?”

“I don’t know maybe he’s... angry, at me.” Sungyeol’s voice softened as he continued. “Maybe he hated me. Despise me and don’t want to see my face or something.”

Hoya stopped walking and looked at Sungyeol. He had forgotten that the last memory they had with Sungjong before he left was Sungyeol bickering with him during the concert rehearsal. And then saying he didn't fit to be Infinite's member. Sungyeol must have felt pretty bad about that.

“Sungjong is not that kind of person. He loves us. He loves you.” Hoya patted the younger on his back. “And Sungjong’s going to be back with us. I’ll make sure of that.”

Sungyeol nodded slowly. Suddenly his phone rang and he answered the call from Sunggyu.

“Where are you?” He heard Woohyun’s voice from the other line and mumblings behind him. The other members must have gathered at X Hospital and waiting for them.

“Hyung, we found Sungjong! Well, not exactly found but we know where he is! He’s at C Hospital.”

“Hyung, they found Sungjong!” Woohyun yelled over the phone. Sungyeol heard the sound of the phone exchanging hands between the members and finally at Sunggyu.

“You saw him?”

“No. But he’s here. We’re sure.”

“Okay. Good. The managers called Dongwoo just now and they’re mad. Maybe we’ll continue tomorrow. Just come back with Hoya, okay? We’ll wait for you guys here.”

“Okay.” Sungyeol nodded and ended the call. “They said to gather at X Hospital. The managers are mad. Go figure.”

“Okay. Let’s go.”

“But hyung, what if the managers wouldn’t let us go out again tomorrow?”

Hoya laughed and put his arm around Sungyeol’s shoulder. “I guess you have to make another escape plan again.”

Sungyeol finally laughed. Yeah, he’ll do that. He’ll do anything so they can finally meet Sungjong.