Chapter 14 :Truth

Six Members Infinite?!! [Hiatus]

 

“They’re gone! Hyung, they’re gone!” Hoya yelled. He was sure Sunggyu had told the other to stay by the car before. And Infinite members should have known better than to leave the car unlock just like that. “Where is everybody?”

“What’s that?” Hoya turned to the direction Sunggyu was showing. A crowd was forming in the middle of the road not far from them while the traffic was jammed. Sunggyu felt shivers ran down his spine. He saw Hoya looking back at him. The latter must be thinking the same as his.

“Hyung... I don’t feel so good,” Hoya confirmed his worst fear.

“Let’s find out.”                                                             

Sunggyu and Hoya ran to the direction of the crowd. In the middle of the circle that formed, Hoya spotted some people crouching over a body. He couldn’t see their faces but the voices sounded familiar. A man walked passed him as he called the ambulance.

“Yes, an accident. The boy suddenly ran in front of my car. Yes it’s serious! I don’t have time to explain! Just come now! He’s barely breathing!” Hoya heard some of the details he said. He looked around for Sunggyu and saw the leader trying to walk through the crowd to the centre. Then he saw him, Lee Sungjong.

Sungjong was standing by the other side of the road, his face buried in his hands and crying.

“Sunggyu, hyung! That’s Sungjong. That’s...”

The crowd opened up and he finally saw the people in the middle. Woohyun, L and Sunggyu were crouching over a body. Dongwoo’s body. Hoya felt his knees went weak. Dongwoo had his eyes closed and he was breathing slowly as his chest rose up and down slowly. Blood trailed down his face from between his hair and stained his shirt and Woohyun's trembling hands. His body had cuts and bruises all over.

“Hyung!” Hoya ran to Dongwoo’s side. Woohyun had put the elder’s head on his lap as he tried to speak to him, trying to keep him alive.

Hoya couldn’t believe it. Everything felt so surreal. They finally found Sungjong and this is what happened to one of them. Hoya felt tears trickled down as he grasped Dongwoo’s limp hand. They had lost Sungjong before; they didn’t need to lose another one of Infinite.

He heard voices behind him and saw Jungryul hyung and Yongjun hyung running towards them. The packets in their hands fell to the surface of the road when they saw the sight.

“God... What happened?”

-- --

They waited and waited and waited outside the emergency room. Woohyun exhaled loudly and finally sat beside L. Everybody was there, including the managers. Dongwoo was taken to the emergency room soon after the accident and they had been waiting since. Woohyun silently glad the accident occurred near enough to C Hospital for Dongwoo to receive a quick treatment.

He ran his gaze to Sungjong sitting on the chair at the far most away from the emergency room. He was sitting alone and had been looking down on the floor since they started waiting. He saw tears welled at the corner of his eyes and ran down to his cheeks. Woohyun wanted to go to him and give him a hug but at the same time he couldn’t hide his anger towards the magnae.

Dongwoo had run to the middle of the road because he was chasing the magnae. Everybody saw that. Everybody saw him ran over by the car and was sent flying to the road few metres away. Everybody saw the blood than stained Dongwoo’s face and his shirt. Everybody saw it, not just Infinite but the public.

Woohyun looked down to his red stained shirt. It was a proof that the accident really happened. It was a proof that what happened really happened.

It was a proof that the magnae was guilty.

Woohyun bit his lower lip. How could so many things occur to Infinite in just five days? How could they almost lose two members in just five days? But the biggest question ever, how could Infinite almost ended in just five days?

Woohyun suddenly felt a hand brushed his back and he looked at the leader beside him. Was Sunggyu trying to comfort him? He smiled at his friendly gesture. The leader was probably the strongest of them all. He always thought he needed to be tough when unfortunate events occur to them but Woohyun knew better. He knew the leader must have felt the heavy burden.

Suddenly the door opened and the doctor walked out. He walked to Jungryul and Yongjun. Woohyun didn’t stand up. He was scared but he heard some of the details.

“He’s stable now...” The doctor said. “But he’s still unconscious and may not wake up these couple of days. You may visit him after a few hours because he needs his rest now. For now, no one is allowed to go in.”

“Thank you doctor,” said Yongjun. Yongjun and Jungryul shook hand with him and then turned their attention to Infinite. Their gaze stopped at the cowering Sungjong.

“I think it’s time for everyone to know the truth.” said Jungryul.

“The truth?” said Woohyun.

 

-- --

 

At the cafe...

“So that’s why you’ve been avoiding us?” Myungsoo finally asked after Sungjong finished with his story. Sungjong nodded.

“You’re the main suspect?”

Sungjong nodded again at Hoya’s question.

“And you think running away from us will resolve everything?” Woohyun asked, his tone full of accusation. Sunggyu elbowed him. By him the magnae must have felt bad enough with what happened to Dongwoo for them to add any more guilt to him.

“Why do you need to hide it? You could tell us everything, you know?” Woohyun said, however this time his voice sounded more of a comfort. Everyone nodded with him.

“I didn’t want it to affect everybody. I’m sorry,” Sungjong murmured.

“It’s okay. At least we’ve found you now,” Sunggyu finally said.

But after that, there was only silence. Nobody spoke. The solemn atmosphere was getting to everyone. Sunggyu never actually thought that events like this could occur. First with Sungjong disappearing, then Dongwoo’s accident and now the crime thing with the unconscious girl.

He didn’t want to think but he felt like it was a signal. Was it the end of Infinite? Should they stop now? Why didn’t it go as he planned. He had thought it all over with Jungryul and Yongjun hyung after their escape from the managers yesterday. He had made a plan with them on how to help Sungjong because he knew about Sungjong’s story even before the other members did.

 

“I know you know something hyung. Tell me.”

“What do you want to know?”

“Everything. Everything that happened with Sungjong. I have the right to know these things. In fact, we all do. But considering you would yell at Sungyeol I figured this must be serious case.”

“I’ll tell you but you mustn’t tell anybody, okay? They kids will know soon but not now. They need their rest after the rehearsal.”

Sunggyu nodded. And the story trailed off for almost one hour. At first he couldn’t comprehend any of the details at all. But soon, he made a pack with the managers.

“You let us go to the hospital after the radio show tomorrow and I promise we’ll never run away again. We just need to see Sungjong. He needed to know that he got our support because it must be a horror being alone. Even his parents didn’t know about this so we should at least back him up.”

“You really won’t run away again?”

“Yes. I’ll make sure of that.”

 

That was how he had planned it to happen. They would come to the hospital and meet Sungjong. Then they would try their best to help him, even though there was not anything much they could do and finally Infinite would be together again.

Not like this, grieving over an accident.

 

gah! please comment and subscribe. should i make someone die?