A little monster called Jealousy

Little Honeydrops

November, 11, 2017


Hyo Joo was looking at Jong Suk. They sat on the couch and their feet touched as they were looking into their phones in this second. She loved this way of feeling him. She was home. 

She liked to be at his place. She felt here sometimes even better than at her apartment. Whenever he would leave she would feel there so alone and without any sense. So, actually, she liked his much more. She would feel her home, and close and warm. She would feel there…. Together.

His feet were stretching out, and she focused again on her IG. In this second, as she thought about posting something of this day, and looked through the suggestions it made her see, there she was. Beautiful, y and her lips, on her boyfriends.

She bit her lip. How could she seriously be jealous about this? She wasn’t for real, was she? She saw her short hair, and her beautiful shaped face. She hated her nose, it was too freaking perfect. Hyo Joo lifted her thumb and started biting softly but visibly nervous at her fingernail. She should not let him realize anything, she thought. He would just .

She needed to open this.

No, she wouldn’t. She couldn’t see this… how weird would that be! That would mean she would actually worry about how this looked.

But she didn’t. she knew that already her kisses on TV were full of sparks. He had that with no one, and she knew exactly what he felt towards her. They had actually talked about it. Very often. Of course, she would not look at it.

And there her finger opened it. And she cursed this finger, for knowing it did it accidentally, of course. And what she didn’t calculate, was the music that was playing immediately, along with the kissing scene that was now running on her iPhone.

She hacked into the screen, trying desperately to shut it off, and as it had to be in such a situation, the back button would not work, of course. She blushed so badly that she was not breathing for seconds, till she managed to turn the volume down to zero, at least.

She didn’t dare to look up. She could imagine his face lifelike. She saw every detail of his raised eyebrows, his cheeky smile, his knowing eyes and his pressed together lips, enjoying that he actually knew exactly what happened in this second. But eventually she glanced at him, behind her phone, that she held in front of her face, protecting herself. And it was much worse than she expected.

Cause he seemed to think.

He breathed just as he had taken a breath as Kang Chul, thinking about what to do with the crazy girl, screaming and crying about a story impossible to understand for him. After an incredible long moment, he still didn’t seem to have figured out what to do. And this made it much worse. For a second she thought about running away, just jumping up and flee.

Very grownup after one year of relationship and stalking your boyfriend on Instagram.

Well actually she HADN’T stalked him. It was suddenly there and her finger… slipped….

Yeah, that was it.

As she was still calculating the time she would need to come from the couch to her shoes and eventually to the door and run, he bent forward and took the phone out of her hands. And there he was humming something. Something she knew exactly. And it made her shiver. This was not what she expected. It was the song of almost all their kisses. Their theme song. If she wouldn’t have been still embarrassed, and so shocked about him actually KNOWING the melody so fast, she would have rolled her eyes over so much cheesiness.

And there, he kissed her. Placed his hand at her cheek, and smiled as his lips met hers. They were knowing about what they wanted. Gently and yet knowing they lead her forward. He parted her lips slowly and met her tongue in a gentle game, that was driving her almost mad. He hadn’t kissed her ever this tormenting. Was that because of how her embarrassment made her shiver?

She didn’t know what it was, added up. But one thing she knew. What he wanted to tell her.

He had never kissed anyone as he (had) kissed her.